Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

Take care of yourself and be safe! All the best with everything ❤️

I hope things work out for you, I wish you the best!

I was at a store in a town I hardly ever go to because it's about 1 hour from me.  As I was leaving they have someone at the door checking off the receipt and as he was asking me if I found everything ok another employee walked up and says, "She's so pretty isn't she? (He was gesturing at me) "  It was so awkward.  I just said thanks and hurriedly walked towards the exit.  I was with my husband's cousin and he says, "I bet that happens to you a lot"  Sigh.  I'm still kinda embarrassed.

That was probably so awkward! I probably would have said thanks and ran off too. Some people are so weird.. I guess he wanted to compliment you but couldn't come up to you directly and say it but I guess he just HAD to let it out somehow and that was probably the perfect opportunity haha 😄 

I guess.  It was just uncomfortable! 

Anonymous Insider

Great compliments but it could've been addressed directly to you. Oh well, maybe he'll catch on with person-to-person interactions.

I think if it had been directed at me I would have been even more embarrassed!

Anonymous Insider

But you are pretty! 🙂

Aww thanks TSQ *blush*

This never happens to me in my hometown, but it happened to me several times when I was visiting a friend in California. For some reason, parking attendants were very complimentary toward me. Specifically toward my hair, most of the time. It was very strange. I'd typically mumble a thanks, stick close to my friend, and hurry out of the lot. I've probably watched too many CSI type shows, though.

I probably watch too many CSI type of shows myself, but it's comforting to know my security system will at least alert me to an intruder at home, where I keep my firearm (shotguns don't really fit inside a purse). If someone decides to grab me and stuff me in the trunk of a car, well that's why I have mace which I will greet them with when they open the trunk again.

As far as I know the 'murder capitol' of the U.S. isn't in California though.

Haha I'm in California!  Actually, this never happens to me here or anywhere.  

Some dude selling jewelry in Rio de Janeiro was sweet on a woman named Maria (Julio and Maria, maria and Julio) until I bought something. Then II became his love - she was so embarrassed 😛 I'll never get why some guys think that's appropriate - but I usually decide to laugh it off 😄

Yeah exactly!  Good plan though!  I was so embarrassed and didn't really know what to do/say so I just walked away.  It was just weird for me.  

Has anyone tried the NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid lipsticks?

Are they any good?

I want to wait until they do 40% off or BOGOHO on Nyx lip products so I can stack that with a coupon lol. 

Ha j just posted a pic of me wearing "Embellishment" in the "What are you wearing" thread. The color is great and very opaque but I found it be pretty drying. It is tacky until it dries, which takes longer than the regular NYX soft matte lip creams. Overall, the formula isn't the most comfortable but I love the color so I can compromise. Hope this helps!

I have one of them in "Embellishment" and it is a really unique color, but much like the other people have said, it doesn't completely dry down. For the price, they're not bad. If you're curious about them, wait for a sale at Ulta and try a few! Also, there is not really a smell to them, which was kind of disappointing considering NYX lip products usually smell so good.

Embellishment is the shade i'm really interested in. 

I love how their better glosses smell lol.

I love them! They don't feel tacky or weird to me. Not that drying but they don't last as long as KVD, Stila and Jeffrey Star.

I've tried them. They don't dry down to a matte if that is what you're looking for. If you press your lips they have a slightly tacky feeling, but not sticky like lip gloss. I like it because it's not drying like many liquid lipsticks on my lips. That's just my personal perference because my lips can't handle most liquid lipsticks. They also aren't transfer proof so you'll need to reapply. 

This reminds me of how the LA Girl matte lip glosses are. They don't dry completely. I think it's worth trying if I can catch it on sale:)

16,183 Replies
testing