Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@Mochapj  Thankyou for swatches. Do you think LL resembles with Illamasqua gleam in Aurora.

image.jpeg

@fatimamummy from your picture of Aurora, it looks like it is a bit pink-tinged; is that correct?

The LL is a straight up white.  In your swatch Aurora looks sort of like white gold?

Comparing your swatch to mine, they look similar, but I think Aurora may have a bit more color to it.  On my skin (unless I am tanned) LL just looks like a clear sheen.

Yes @Mochapj Aurora definitely has a slight gold shift when applied. I figure it is more like cream version of KVD Thunderstruck though both look entirely different in pans. Thin swatch on the right is Thunderstruck and bigger swatch on left is Aurora.

image.jpeg

The LL looks pretty similar to your swatch of thunderstruck, IMO, with thunderstruck being maybe a bit more rainbow reflect @fatimamummy

exactly what i was looking to confirm. thanks mocha darling

I was thinking about starting to make YouTube tutorials for my makeup. Does anyone think that's a good idea? I just am doubting whether people would actually like them.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 

I have been complimented on my makeup two times in the last month.  This has never happened in my life!  I typically just wear mascara, cc cream and a sheer lip color, but I was also wearing something on my cheeks the two times I was complimented.  I did put in a little extra effort, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I know I should be flattered, but I'm paranoid that people are noticing my makeup because I did it wrong or put on too much blush, not because it actually looks good!  I think I need to get over myself.

This happened to me today! I used my new Too Faced palette for the first time today, and I messed up because I'm still learning about where to place eyeshadow for my hooded eyes, and my mom's coworker randomly blurted out that she liked my make up look today.

I spent at least an hour wondering if she was being sarcastic. I blame that scene in Mean Girls.

"I love your skirt! Where did you get it?" then when she leaves, "That is the ugliest effing skirt I've ever seen."

Haha! I am ALWAYS suspicious of compliments from strangers for that very reason!

LOL!!

I'm sure you looked very pretty, but I kind of understand the paranoia too! I'm quite timid with makeup as well, but   sometimes what helps me is thinking that I don't want to be controlled by what other people think of my looks. Also, if I don't wear all the colors I love right now, I'll probably end up regretting it 20 yrs down the line and that won't be fun. Sometimes, thinking that helps 🙂 🙂

Everyone is always their own harshest critic. 

I'm headed over to one of the Sephoras in my city for a class on eyeliner, and I just remembered they remodeled it ~a year ago and I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE IT! It's not the closest one to my house which is why I haven't been in a while, but I got really giddy when I realized I haven't seen it since the expansion. 

Also, I totally posted this in the old thread but felt dumb, so I moved it....

I have no self control!  Months ago I promised myself I would stop buying makeup with "travel" in mind.  But here I am again.  I decided to make a MAC pro palette with some eyeshadows and a space for two blushes because I thought it would be really great for my trip at the end of the month.  i only need to buy the palette and eyeshadows so... its not bad right?  I'm also taking a z palette with two ABH glow kit shades and contour powders.  I'm set!

My justification is that its a short trip and I don't need 4 blush shades and a huge eyeshadow palette which is very true.  So I shouldn't bring Sweet Peach or my tarte blush palette...even though I already own them and I wouldn't need to spend money.  But what's done is done, right?

There are two handheld Minnie mirrors in stock right now on the Canadian site.  

I was going to post this in the peeves thread, but I can't decide if it is a peeve or not!

Nordstrom has a bunch of Aēsop products in their new arrivals section, but the stock photos they use for the lotions all have the metal tubes crushed / crinkled up like they've been used.  On one hand, I appreciate the artistic asthetic, but on the other hand, I'm kind of irritated by the irregularity and lack of a smooth, pretty stock photo!  😉

upload_2474393132579454483.jpgupload_788451288288296908.jpg

I dislike these ads also.  I was wondering if this is how the product arrives if you order it.  It certainly would not entice me to buy it if it does come looking like it's ready for the trash can

Visually I really like the look of the ads. But as a consumer I absolutely hate those metal tubes and having to precisely roll them as you use them or how they feel when they get all scrunched like the pic above. So my eye likes the photos quite a lot but my brain is like, "no way, nuh uh. This things are annoying."

It looks like someone got angry with the product, crumpled it, and it's ready for the trash. 

Anonymous Insider

I actually like it! (maybe I have a disturbed aesthetic :P) 

2 Replies
testing