Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Black Friday Beauty 2023

So many stores are offering before Black Friday deals.  And of course there will be Black Friday itself.  And let's not forget Cyber Monday.  I'd love to get some chatter going about what we might expect.  What sort of sales have you gotten in the past - do you think we can expect similar items or brands to have sales?  What sites are you stalking?  Does the rumor mill have anything that we should be on the lookout for?  What's on your shopping list?  What are you hopeful for?

Modern-goth-makeup-.png

Re: Black Friday Beauty 2023

Isamaya Beauty 20% off everything. If youโ€™ve been eyeing something, now is your chance since they rarely do sales.

(@JoSometimes have you ever used FAB?) I tried a few of thier items in trial size but this moisturizer is on for BF. It's the value size for half off. ๐Ÿคฉ 

Screenshot_20231124-165826.png

I'm willing to give this a try with the harsh winter coming snow and freezing temps headed our way. โ„๏ธ 

@CynthieLu I tried it once and it did NOT agree with me. My skin felt like it was on fire! I did leave it in my car as a โ€œin case of emergenciesโ€ moisturizer, so it might not have done well being stored in there. 

I have been using First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL before makeup. This one is sooooooo hydrating!

Oooh bummer! I tried this in the summer and I think I remember being really impressed? ๐Ÿค”. I thought maybe it would be a hit for you. Sorry friend! 

I was reading reviews, some people did find it irritated thier sensitive skin. @JoSometimes you're not alone in that reaction.

I am hoping it will be a saviour over the next few dry months. ๐Ÿคž

I can't say I've ever seen that primer before, it's not been on my radar. No pilling? My SPF's and my Skincare don't always see eye to eye. ๐Ÿ˜…

@CynthieLu No pilling! I find itโ€™s more of a nice final bit of hydration before makeup, especially if I take a break between my routines. 

@CynthieLu it's a really nice cream. For $27, I say try it. It absorbs quickly and it's not greasy. 

I have used it in tester size and my skin enjoyed it alot I think ๐Ÿค” @makeitup305 . I'm going to grab it. For it's size, it's a spectacular deal right? ๐ŸŽ‰

I agree! @CynthieLu 

Some more sales!

• Beautylish (gwp and bundles)- very meh. I didn't really see anything that spoke to me.
  • Charlotte Tilbury (20-30%, some exclusions)- depends. If you've been dying to try some CT, this might be the time. She doesn't do sales often so it might be a chance to get CT at more than the 20% you can get at Sephora.
  • TooFaced (30% the site, extra 10% in cart)- pretty good deal. I don't usually buy TooFaced but I know lots of people on BIC love the Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm and they have a set of 3 that comes out to about $20 in the cart. Free shipping is at $40 so maybe one to keep and one to gift?
  • Tower28 (20% all, 28% >$50)- good deal. I really like all their products that I've tried. The concealer, the mascara, and the tinted SPF are favorites. 
  • Adept Cosmetics (20%)- good deal. I have almost all their palettes and will be skipping the sale but it's a good way to try multichromes and indie shades. All their palettes are magnetic which is a bonus.
  • Makeup by Mario (25%)- good deal. If you've been wanting to try Ethereal Eyes, now is your chance. I also love the Plumping Lip Serum, the Blush Veil, and the Transforming Skin Enhancer.
  • Tatcha (25%)- great deal since Rakuten is currently 15%. If I didn't have so much skincare already (and more on the way) I would pick up a cream and the Rice Wash.
  • Clionadh Cosmetics (15% but stacks with 6% influencer code)- hasn't started yet but it's probably the best deal you can get with them. Their sales are usually not very high and this includes bundles. Shipping is expensive since it's coming from Canada. They have higher discounts on some of their other products. 

Terra Moons Cosmetics, one of my favorite indie makeup brands, is doing 25% off their multichromes and chameleon shades, which is crazy. It includes all the shades except the ones they just released. Some of the shades are sold out but available for preorder. If I didnโ€™t have so many of their shades already, I would be going wild. Their shipping fee is reasonable and free in the US over $85. The pictures donโ€™t do them justice. Let me know if you need swatches to convince you!

IMG_2964.jpegIMG_2974.jpeg

@makeitup305  I just placed an order from them - thanks for the heads up about the sale (and your feedback about the brand in other threads)! I've never tried any of their products before, but I figured this was a good time to take the plunge!

@caitbird ooohhh what shades did you pick? I really really hope you love them. 

@makeitup305  too many, I got a little carried away ๐Ÿ˜… mostly jewel tones, since that's usually what I'm most drawn to. I picked up some shimmers too since they had a BOGO deal on those as well. My order won't ship for a little while since some of the shades I chose were preorders, but I will definitely post them in the hauls thread when they arrive!

@caitbird Canโ€™t wait to see the looks you come up with.

@makeitup305 her shadows always look so amazing!  If I reached for my single shadows more often I'd be tempted to spend WAY too much money during the sale.  

@CookieGirl1 i know what you mean. Iโ€™ve gotten better about going into my singles than I used to be. 

@makeitup305 I love the ones that I have but I find that I need to make a conscious, concerted effort to actually pull them out.

I thought it might be helpful to post about sales that have caught my eye and whether or not I think they're a good deal, what I'm buying or not. I love trying different brands so please tag me if you do this!

• YTTP (25%)- a GREAT deal. Rakuten is usually high (currently 12%). It applies to bundles, which are already a good deal. HOWEVER, last year they had 30% off on Cyber Monday so I would wait. I've tried almost all their skincare products (except the acids) and got along with most of it. I'm currently only looking forward to buying their new hand cream but I'd definitely repurchase other products in the future.
  • Biossance (30%)- good deal. Currently no cashback but they have a decent gwp. Like with YTTP, I've tried a lot of their stuff and liked most of it. I love the hand cream and the omega repair cream. I already picked up the jumbo cream since I don't think the sale is going to get better. I just bought the cream but I'd definitely repurchase other products in the future.
  • DRMTLGY (30%)- good deal. They don't have sales that often. I have really liked their tinted moisturizers (although the physical one was a little too dark for me) and am currently going through their .5% Retinol. The retinol has been working really well for me, haven't had any irritation (although some peeling since I went up from a SR A+ Retinol Serum). I just repurchased the retinol since I have a lot of SPFs at the moment but would repurchase in the future.
  • Medik8 (30%)- I think this is a good deal. I haven't tried this brand yet but it's on my radar because of their Crystal Retinal system. I decided to skip this year and stick with the DRMTLGY for one more bottle but will probably pick it up the next time they have a good discount.
  • Skinfix (25%)- good deal. It applies to the barrier+ cream bundle, which is already a good deal. HOWEVER, they had 30% off on Cyber Monday last year so you can risk it, although the bundle did sell out last year. I love their hand cream. I picked up the face moisturizer bundle already. A little sample I got of it was enough to make me want a full-size. Their eye cream and face serum were just ok for me.
  • Danessa Myricks (30%, 40% over $200)- GREAT deal. If you were thinking of getting the Lightwork palette and Groundwork, you can add a blender and get the Groundwork for free basically. I skipped it since I know I won't use Groundwork but it was very tempting.
  • PMG (30-40%)- Same old, same old. PMG as a brand is not what it used to be. Unless you're gifting some Motherships for Christmas or are dying for something, the sale will come back around at some point.
  • MUFE (30% of you make an account) - good deal. Rakuten is usually high (currently 12%). I like their brushes and have been really enjoying their face palettes. I haven't tried any of their powder products in a long time.
  • PHLUR (20%)- meh. They never have discounts and this one excludes trial sizes. The only reason I'm checking it out is because they have a Missing Person perfume oil that is currently not sold anywhere else. I'm considering picking that up and the Missing Person lotion, which I own and really like, but I haven't decided.
  • Sol de Janeiro (20%)- meh. It's only 10% on bundles and I can get the same at Sephora. Easy pass unless it goes up.
  • Rose Inc (30%)- good deal but it excludes bundles. There's also a code somewhere for $10 off $50. I have tried a lot of their products. I have so many of their products I'm skipping this sale lol. I recommend the blushes and brushes if you need a good stippling brush.
  • Saie (25%) - good deal. I've tried quite a few of their products so don't need to pick anything up at the moment. I like their blushes (less intimidating than the Rare beauty) and their foundation, as well as the cream bronzer.
  • Lawless (30%) - good deal but it doesn't work on bundles. I think the discounts improved over time last year so I'm waiting to purchase. I love their glosses and like their balm stick, as well.
  • Viseart (up to 60%, varies depending on product)- great deals, but both of the products I wanted were sold out and not restocked before it even started and lots of products are now sold out. Boo. 
  • ND (20%+ but varies by product)- meh. Unless you're looking for an older product, it's an easy skip. None of her newer palettes are on sale. I'm hoping Beautylish does some gwp since I'm still on the hunt for Xenon.
  • ABH (30% off a palette, 40% off two)- not bad. Rakuten is high (currently 12%). I've been keen on Norvina 6 for a while but I think I've seen it at 50% at some point so I'm still waiting.
  • InnBeauty Project (20-30%)- good deal. It applies to bundles. I liked their eye cream and I'm really want to try their lip oils. I'm waiting for Cyber Monday because I think it might go a little higher but we'll see.
  • Glossier (25-30%)- good deal. Rakuten is high (12%). I want to try their foundation and get a replacement for my Cookie Butter Balm. Currently sitting in my cart but might purchase.
  • Naturium (25%)- good deal, even if it doesn't apply to bundles. I really like most of the products I've tried from this brand. They have a solid ingredient list from what I can tell. They don't do sales on their website often. I want to try the Multi Peptide Serum and the Multi Peptide Cream but I'm overloaded on skincare at the moment so I'm passing. 
  • RMS (20-30%)- meh. Rakuten is low. Unless you're getting 30%, I feel like there's usually a 20% off coupon floating around. I do like their bronzer, concealer, and blush but nothing is calling to me right now.
  • Victoria Beckham (20%)- good deal. They rarely have sales and if you can find a bundle with all the products you want, it's the best way to get a discount. Nothing is calling to me right now so I'm skipping.
  • Dedcool (30%)- good deal but it excludes bundles and collabs. I LOVE Taunt so I would recommend it just for that.
  • Addiction Tokyo (buy 4 shadows, get 1 free. Stack with WELCOME15 for new purchases)- This brand is new to the US (they're a Japanese brand) and I have been DYING to try their stuff. They have 99(!) different eyeshadow singles in different formulas. This might get me. I've had shadows in and out of my cart for weeks.

@makeitup305 thanks for posting!

@makeitup305  thanks so much for this roundup of current deals, very helpful! I don't really need anything at the moment, but sales are always tempting lol.

I did actually cave and order from Natasha Denona since the palette I have been wanting (Circo Loco) is expensive at full price and it was 40% off. Unfortunately I couldn't use my reward points $ off on top of the discount, but it was still a good deal and I couldn't pass it up.

What is Rakuten? I keep seeing people mention it but I am not sure what it is. Is it an app?

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 77 replies
  • 468 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos7
  • Modern-goth-makeup-.png
  • IMG_3951.jpeg
  • a.png
  • QueenMarceline_1-1700591858117.gif
  • IMG_2974.jpeg
  • IMG_2964.jpeg