cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The April Favorites Thread 2019

Aprils_Favorites.jpg

Another month has passed and May is almost here! It is time for everyone to share their April favorites. We’re so excited to learn about the best hair, skincare, fragrance, and/or makeup products you were using the most during the month April. Whether it is something new, your faithful holygrail product from 2009, or maybe just a favorite you rediscovered, we want to hear all about it 🙂 

My April favorite products:

Which products were your April faves? Show & tell!

Tags:

Re: The April Favorites Thread 2019

@faeriegirl  I hope you like the Skinfix cream! I added another tube to my spring sale order, and will probably buy several more in September for fall/winter. 

@WinglessOne mmmmmh that Dr. Dennis Gross serum is calling my name! Thank you for sharing 🙂 

@BrendaBT  The DDG serum is seriously the best thing I’ve ever used under my eyes. I’ve been using it since... well, technically January, but I didn’t start consistent nightly use until February. I’d use this serum all over my face if that was cost effective. (DDG has a similar full face serum, but I’m on the fence about trying it.) I didn’t expect such noticeable results within 2 months. I was already using just tiny bits of concealer under my eyes; now I can use even less—if I use any at all—as an optical illusion for my hollow skin darkness. I highly recommend it! 

great products! @WinglessOne I need those pumps in my lif...

great products! @WinglessOne I need those pumps in my life 😅

Re: great products! @WinglessOne I need those pumps in my lif...

@lmaster I almost bought a full size DE Lala just to have a reusable airless pump jar. 😂 (And I actually would’ve used Lala; so far, it’s the only DE product my skin tolerates.) But it would’ve taken a looooong time to use a full jar and I’m too impatient for that. 

Oooh that’s a good Idea @WinglessOne  I have 1 Protini and 1 Lala jar and 1 half size B-hydra bottle sitting in a bag in bathroom for throwing in recycling. I need to message hubby ASAP to not throw these out. 

Thanks for the reminder. I have re-used it in the past to fill FAB cream and gave to my daughter but forgot this time. 

@naturalooks15  Hope you still have the Lala and Protini jars! I should’ve mentioned the DE jars in my original post. Gonna edit it now. 🙂

@WinglessOne I also really like the Bobbi Brown stick and I have it in the same color.  It's so easy and convenient for those days where I feel like I'm running out the door but I want to look at least a little put together.

@CookieGirl1 Isn’t it perfect? And it really is fast and easy to use, even compared to other brands’ gold shadow sticks. I might buy a couple other shades of these. 🙂

@WinglessOne  Is the Routine stick?

@Samtian  Nope. Routine comes in a jar and you have to apply it with your fingers. Agent Nateur is a stick. 

Also, Routine is a Canadian company. There’s only one store here in Chicago that sells a very limited range of their stuff; not sure about other US cities/states. So I bought direct from Routine and ate the shipping fee. 

EDIT: What I should’ve done was ordered from a US reseller. But I was ordering from Florida (en route to my cruise) and didn’t have time to find a store in another state that sells what I wanted, plus calculate shipping fees. I’m positive shipping would’ve been much cheaper that way, though. 

So many awesome products @WinglessOne 

@I love the ideas of airlesss pump. Is there a particular brand or seller I should look for?

@naturalooks15  My teal jars are made by Juvitus. I picked them mostly because the jars are refillable (some aren’t, which is silly) and teal. 🙂 Each jar is 1.7 oz. The bottles are made by Mild East and are each 20 ml; these particular ones seem to be popular on Amazon. 

There are other makers, though. In fact, you can google “airless pump jar” and find wholesellers outside Amazon. Some of them require bulk orders, and I assume you don’t wanna order 100 jars/bottles at once 😂 (I sure didn’t). But some will let you buy single jars or bottles in various sizes. The only reason I bought through Amazon instead is my Prime account’s free 2-day shipping. 

@WinglessOne  I love the variety of products you’re loving! 

Thanks @missjeanie !

Skincare Favorites

IMG_7379.JPG

Spoiler

Bath & Body, Fragrance, Makeup, Nails and Other Favorites

IMG_7376.JPG

Spoiler

I love that you have all the Laneige flavors 😄 

@BrendaBT, no Laneige lip balm left behind! hahaha! 🙂 

@itsfi  Great choices! I’m intrigued by the Etude House sunscreen; must look into that. And grapefruit is my favorite Laniege Lip Glowy Balm, too. 🙂 

@WinglessOne, do you have a preference for chemical sunscreens or physical ones? The one in my favorites photo is a chemical sunscreen, it's creamier and thicker (though still light in consistency) than the other version.

L to R: chemical SPF (creamier texture), physical SPF (more matte finish)L to R: chemical SPF (creamier texture), physical SPF (more matte finish)L to R: chemical SPF; physical SPFL to R: chemical SPF; physical SPF

I can usually find these on amazon or yesstyle dot com. Ohlolly dot com carries one of them; the physical SPF, I think. @missjeanie 

@itsfi  I usually prefer physical sunscreens, but will also use a good chemical one. I usually rotate between them, or use both on specific parts of my face. I’ll definitely look for both Etude House versions. The thicker chemical one might work well on most of my face, while the physical one may be best for my oily nose area. Thanks for the info! 

23 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • Aprils_Favorites.jpg
  • 99799FE0-0570-4827-BEC5-19B1276B4201.jpeg
  • IMG_20190426_140142.jpg
  • Sorry for the weird flash! Not pictured, but adored in April: baby foot
  • 444FDBBD-278B-435D-876B-28283C8F87B7.jpeg
  • IMG_7379.JPG
  • IMG_7376.JPG
  • Favorite skincare items in April
  • Favorite hair & body care items in April
  • Favorite makeup items in April
  • 00F28638-981E-438E-BE95-13F4E0A135A3.jpeg
  • L to R: chemical SPF (creamier texture), physical SPF (more matte finish)
testing