cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2021 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust2021.jpg

August! I feel like I was just getting to know you and now it’s already almost time to usher you out the door. 😎✌ It’s safe to say I spent this month adding a little extra glow to my no-makeup-makeup routine, including experimenting with different bronzer applications, and really pushing the longevity of my hairstyle between washes. I guess you could say this month’s faves are a little uncharacteristically subtle for me, but nothing wrong with embracing all the easy-breezy relaxed vibes for summer – at least when it comes to my beauty routine!

Here are the products – new and old favorites – that I found myself reaching for most often in August:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” sign to tag and share your own Monthly Favorites for the month of August! Makeup, Hair, Skincare, Fragrance, Wellness – anything goes!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2021 Edition!

@itsfi Yes, it’s so good! I also love the bottle just as much as the scent!

@BluePaisley Great faves! Looks like everyone is lovin' Ilia this month! What shade of the lip oil is that? Looks so pretty.

@AlexBT The shade is Tahiti. Perfect summer shade!

@AlexBT, ahhhh... that La Mer illuminator is dreamy! 😍 I hear ya about this month flying by - I have no idea where the time goes. Here are my favorites for August:

August 2021 FavoritesAugust 2021 Favorites

Spoiler
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting BHA 9 Treatment (not sure why it's not coming up when I try to tag the product) is a fantastic leave-on spot treatment. It works beautifully on really stubborn spots and has been a repeated repurchase. The 9% BHA sounds high; this is potent in terms of effectiveness but the controlled release formulation really does flatten bumps without drying out my skin or making it feel tight. https://www.sephora.com/product/paula-s-choice-skin-perfecting-bha-9-treatment-P469505

It's been said that the formulation on LANEIGE Cream Skin Mist 2.54 oz/ 75 mL is identical to the Laneige Cream Skin Toner Moisturizer, just in a mist form, which is great. To me though the mist seems lighter, but that may just be because the mist is releasing less of the product onto my face. In any event, this mist is wonderful for hydrating and soothing normal, dry, or dehydrated skin throughout the day. It does a nice job as a setting spray too and I love the portability of it. (Tagging @CookieGirl1 who asked about it in a hauls thread - sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you; I didn't end up reaching for it until the beginning of this month; I wished I would have started using it earlier!)

SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 119 Bubble Bath was my first purchase after receiving the bubble gum pink version of this liquid lipstick as part of the very generous National Lipstick Day gratis from TeamBIC (thank you!!)  I'm not usually a fan of liquid lipsticks because of how drying they are, but these lip stains wear quite comfortably and they leave a beautiful stain. 😍

54 Thrones African Beauty Butter is absolutely amazing! Though the product is thick and rich, the whipped texture helps it to just melt into the skin, leaving it hydrated and moisturized all day long. It comes in a variety of "flavors" / scents (and an unscented version too), all of which are wonderful! I noticed the brand's logo on some promos for SEPHORiA 2021 and I'm hoping @TeamBIC  that means that 54 Thrones will become part of the Sephora family of beauties very soon, yes?!

August 2021 Faves Swatch.jpg

@itsfi 

That body butter sounds wonderful. 

@missy94612, it’s soooo good. I’ve picked up a couple of sampler sets to gift to others. 

@itsfi 

That's a great idea to give them as gifts. I'll have to keep that in mind with the holidays coming up faster than ever.

@itsfi I tried the 54 Thrones butter I got in my Sephoria box and was blown away. I did not like the scent which was the lavender and mint as it was too much mint for me. It smelled like toothpaste and I washed my hands to get rid of the scent. But the cream itself was amazing! So rich, thick and soft and it just felt great. I ended up putting it on my hands again anyway and on my arms. I felt it was the best hand and body cream I had ever tried. I am not sure if I will buy the sampler with all the scents or just the hibiscus and rose. There is no Nordstrom nearby to try them. I like the brand use of fair labor as well. I am sure it will be coming to Sephora. Either way I’ll be buying some.

@sprocketta, so happy to hear you are liking 54 Thrones. The consistency is wonderful and I agree, it’s a great hand and body cream! 🥰 Finding the scent you like will be an added plus. The hibiscus and rose is really nice.

@itsfi Bubble Bath looks so pretty in your swatch - I might have to try that SC cream lip shade next! Always Red is a fave of mine. 🙂

Ohhh, Always Red is beautiful @AlexBT! 😍 Love the look and feel of the SC cream lippies! 

@eshoe, it’s such a pretty color, and the formula on the SC lippie is great! 😃

Thanks for tagging me, @itsfi!  You've also gotten me intrigued by your description of the 54 Thrones Butter so now I have to go look that up!

@CookieGirl1, here’s a pic of the consistency of the 54 Thrones body butter: 

54 Thrones Swatch.jpeg

I couldn’t be happier that fall is almost here! Here are my favorites from this month:

10AB3C64-F0D1-410C-97A5-F19547C99B69.jpeg

Spoiler
I have been using the REN Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic once a week, and have noticed significant smoothing to my skin. There have been other factors that have helped (only splashing water on my face in the AM for ‘cleansing,’ and also using Pixi Glow once a week in addition). My warm weather skin has been very content.

The Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Valentine is a purely for fun product for me. I still have a lot of playing around to do with this, and have started watching Danessa Myrick’s University classes (thank you @WinglessOne!) for tips. I use this on my lids only, and love its bright, playful color for summer.

I have been applying the MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Terracotta directly after foundation, then powder, then the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Collection Mood Exposure just on the apples of my cheeks with the Surratt Artistique Blush brush. This is my absolute favorite blush brush! It is so soft, and I never have to worry about applying too much product because it leaves just a  subtle wash of color. It’s easy to add more if I need it.

The Wayne Goss Artist Series Medium brush is my new favorite highlighting brush. The shape and incredibly soft hair deposit the sheerest amount of highlighter - meaning that I can now use the most blindingly bright shades without the blinding effect. 

The Clé de Peau Concealer is the best I have used. It is creamy without leaving my skin feeling oily, doesn’t make my foundation look cakey, and wears well after a full day. Lots of love for this little powerhouse!

Finally, the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner - Pillow Talk Collection surprised me. The color is a bit pinker than I expected, but it works perfectly with my daily go-to neutral and lasts longer than many other liners I have used. I have almost finished a DS of the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick Pillow Talk and am thrilled to have it to wear with the FS gratis, too 🙂 

@eshoe, Surratt and Wayne Goss make beautiful brushes. 🥰

How fun it would be to own every one, @itsfi 🤩 I will settle for just a few, on the bright side, less time spent cleaning, ha ha. I can’t even say that because I do enjoy that process🥰

@eshoe 

The Wayne Goss brush looks so artistic.

That is half the reason I was drawn to it, @missy94612. It feels and looks cared for, before I even tried it. If that makes sense! I love it already, it felt at home from the first time I tried it. A very easy love💗

@eshoe Love so many of your faves, especially your Danessa Myricks pick - I've been meaning to get a bold color to do some fun liner, maybe bright orange 🤩

Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • MonthlyFavesAugust2021.jpg
  • 81C99673-48D6-4D2B-8ADE-68B7F3B7AA21.jpeg
  • 553D2B41-3C1F-4E5F-95B8-1F6DB7E6C100.jpeg
  • AFD34471-DDDB-488A-8312-9F3AE07C3B8E.jpeg
  • Monthly faves: August 2021
  • 152E0120-9F53-4508-B1ED-D666BE920204.jpeg
  • IMG_20210826_135705796.jpg
  • charlotte-tilbury_lightgasm_001_palette.jpeg
  • 729889ED-6ACA-46F5-A945-CA6A2FEC030E.jpeg
  • 10AB3C64-F0D1-410C-97A5-F19547C99B69.jpeg