cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2021 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust2021.jpg

August! I feel like I was just getting to know you and now it’s already almost time to usher you out the door. 😎✌ It’s safe to say I spent this month adding a little extra glow to my no-makeup-makeup routine, including experimenting with different bronzer applications, and really pushing the longevity of my hairstyle between washes. I guess you could say this month’s faves are a little uncharacteristically subtle for me, but nothing wrong with embracing all the easy-breezy relaxed vibes for summer – at least when it comes to my beauty routine!

Here are the products – new and old favorites – that I found myself reaching for most often in August:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” sign to tag and share your own Monthly Favorites for the month of August! Makeup, Hair, Skincare, Fragrance, Wellness – anything goes!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2021 Edition!

I sooooo hope they will have a sample available online @itsfi 

@lmaster  Great favs. Oh nooooo don’t tell me I’ll love this la mer eye balm. I’m packing to leave on a trip on Tuesday and just threw a DS into my bag to use while I’m away 😱

Yep!! You might just love it 🤭 @ather thanks!!

@AlexBT I decided to start wearing makeup to work after over a year, and was glad that my go-to's are all going strong.  Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil , ABH Brow Powder (can't seem to tag it), Marc Jacobs Finerliner, Lancome Cils Booster (can't tag it), SEPHORA COLLECTION 12 Hour Contour Pencil Eyeliner , Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect.

It's been a little weird with people ooh-ing over my makeup.  I'll take any compliment I can get, but for 5+ years before the pandemic I wore makeup every day except one at my current workplace.  I guess with everything going on people forgot.

@greeneyedgirl107 That's so funny about your experience wearing makeup again on the daily -- sometimes I don't even recognize myself when I put on a full face of makeup these days! It's kind of fun to feel so fancy just by doing what used to be just my everyday routine.

@greeneyedgirl107, that Lancôme booster primer is wonderful. 😍 I learned about it from a few folks here on BIC. 

@greeneyedgirl107  Glad you’ve got your trusty favs!! It’s great everyone is noticing tho!!

152E0120-9F53-4508-B1ED-D666BE920204.jpeg
it started out with 1 blush I got at discount price and 2-3 months later. I love these. They’re so smooth and silky. They’re easily my favorite beauty items for the last couple months

Those are gorgeous, @blackkitty2014!! 

@blackkitty2014is at the blush buffet!  Love it!  Those marbled ones look intriguing

@blackkitty2014 ,

Those are beautiful!  I love blushes!  😍

@blackkitty2014 Great collection

@blackkitty2014  That’s quite an awesome collection you’ve got!!

Thx you @ather @CookieGirl1 @itsfi . I love them. Eventually I will get the whole blush line. Just have to wait for some discount 😘

What a gorgeous collection, @blackkitty2014!

They're gorgeous, @blackkitty2014! I keep thinking of getting Golden Rose but keep putting it off. Definitely would want to buy at a discount.

@curlychiquita I will tag you next time when I see $20 off of $80 at SpaceNK. They have the newer formula blushes. 

That would be great! Thanks, @blackkitty2014!

Gorgeous @blackkitty2014. I love Sisley! ♥️

Okay but seriously, where did August go?! No month this year has flown as fast as this one. I swear yesterday was July 31. 

Also, I'm totally recommending that Sephora bronzer brush to a friend this weekend. She wants a synthetic, fluffy, domed powder/bronzer brush that's a bit smaller than the old Sephora Pro 50 (I used to love that brush) but still large. I think the 80 fits the bill! 

On to my August favorites:

Monthly faves: August 2021Monthly faves: August 2021
Lancôme L'Absolu Mademoiselle Shine (various shades) - I’ve worn these a lot this month. Some shades are sheerer than others, but each one of mine is shiny and lightweight balmy. 

bareMinerals Gen Nude Blonzer Blush + Bronzer Kiss of Copper - A repeat fave because it does wonders for the large hyperpigmented areas around my temples. Warms that skin up without looking like I tried to mask it with anything. And of course this product’s quickly disappearing from retailers’ sites (including bareMinerals), because half the things I love get discontinued. 🤦‍♀️ Guess I’d better grab a backup while I can still find one. 

By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Foundation (shade 6 Amber Beige) - Still my favorite powder foundation, and I hope it’s not discontinued for good. It’s pricey, but it never cakes up or clings to my dry patches. Its sheer to medium coverage blurs the lines between my skin tones. It makes me look airbrushed. This shade is fantastic on me. And it’s fragrance-free, so I don’t smell it on my face all day. I love this stuff. 

Sonia G. Lotus Set - a couple brushes in particular: 

• Soft Definer - I bought the set just for this “baby Blender Pro” brush. It’s perfect for blending my tight inner corner space. It’s also great along the lash line and anywhere else I want a very controlled blend. Really wish Sonia would add this shape to her permanent lineup. 
  • Face Detail - Has a magic balance of floppy and dense. I didn’t think I’d like this brush, but it’s a great shape and size to apply powder foundation on and around my nose, under my eyes, and all along my hairline. I wish it was softer; sometimes it’s a tad bit prickly, as if just 1 or 2 hairs are too stiff. But it’s not nearly scratchy enough to annoy me. 

Shiseido Hanatsubaki Hake Polishing Face Brush - I’ve used it more this month than ever before. It’s such a dense brush and feels plushly soft, with a handle shape that’s very easy to hold for buffing. 

By Terry Expert Retractable Kabuki Brush - One of my favorite travel brushes for powder foundation. It’s not as dense as the Shiseido kabuki, but it gets the job done well. 

@CatheRH @WinglessOne Same! I thought it was a sponge at first from your picture! Looks so nice and plush.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • MonthlyFavesAugust2021.jpg
  • 81C99673-48D6-4D2B-8ADE-68B7F3B7AA21.jpeg
  • 553D2B41-3C1F-4E5F-95B8-1F6DB7E6C100.jpeg
  • AFD34471-DDDB-488A-8312-9F3AE07C3B8E.jpeg
  • Monthly faves: August 2021
  • 152E0120-9F53-4508-B1ED-D666BE920204.jpeg
  • IMG_20210826_135705796.jpg
  • charlotte-tilbury_lightgasm_001_palette.jpeg
  • 729889ED-6ACA-46F5-A945-CA6A2FEC030E.jpeg