cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2021 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust2021.jpg

August! I feel like I was just getting to know you and now it’s already almost time to usher you out the door. 😎✌ It’s safe to say I spent this month adding a little extra glow to my no-makeup-makeup routine, including experimenting with different bronzer applications, and really pushing the longevity of my hairstyle between washes. I guess you could say this month’s faves are a little uncharacteristically subtle for me, but nothing wrong with embracing all the easy-breezy relaxed vibes for summer – at least when it comes to my beauty routine!

Here are the products – new and old favorites – that I found myself reaching for most often in August:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” sign to tag and share your own Monthly Favorites for the month of August! Makeup, Hair, Skincare, Fragrance, Wellness – anything goes!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2021 Edition!

@haleyvvvv The texture of the viseart mattes are so easy to work with! I don’t know why I have avoided using the matte shades for so long. 

@lnum I've been keeping my Glow Recipe lip pops by my desk. 💖 If I'm going to be fidgeting in between meetings, I might as well reapply some lip balm!

@AlexBT That is what I do with hand cream. I’m always washing my hands and reapplying hand cream right as a meeting starts. 😅

I love that ILIA Mini Fullest Volumizing Mascara Classic Black too @lnum. It is a very elegant brush and the end results are always striking.

@eshoe I was very surprised the two sided brush was quite helpful because I thought at first it was just a gimmick. 

@lnum  Yay so happy you love it!! That eyeshadow palette looks gorgeous! Perfect for fall!! 

@AlexBT I love the caviar sticks!! Great choices. 

@AlexBT here are some August favs.  I keep reaching for them for a fast glow. Even though it’s summer my skin is still dry, rats 😖

4E00D289-8723-4918-9168-DF8B2F474803.jpeg

Dior Dior Forever Couture Luminizer Highlighter Powder 02 Pink Glow - a new favorite this summer

Dior Rouge Dior Refillable Lipstick 975 Opera Matte for a great smudgey stain even under a mask

Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Oil Makeup Remover 6.76 oz/ 200 mL - smells so good and love feel of it 

ILIA Multi-Stick Cream Blush + Highlighter + Lip Tint A Fine Romance -a fav forever for glowy flush 

Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil Natural Black - best natural brow I’ve found 

*Laura Mercier eye smudger brush - perfect size 

*Londontown Illum nail concealer- I use this as shiny daily “color”, and it’s strong.  

*Chanel Les Beiges highlighter glow - not sticky and can mix with moisturizer 

*Chanel Cuir Brun shadow- my go to for bronzey eye

Spoiler
64A2D609-F997-4DA2-A864-28DFB4E5FA96.jpeg

that bag!! ❤️

@Sunnysmom, ahhhh, that Sulwhasoo cleansing oil makes for luxe treat for cleansing the skin after a full day. 🥰

It’s so nice isn’t it @itsfi ! You maybe told me about it! 🥰

@Sunnysmom oooh I'm intrigued by your Hourglass brow pencil pick, but I find myself struggling with those wider, triangular-shaped tips when I'm trying to get that microbladed look. Practice makes perfect, I guess! 🙂 Have you tried the Hourglass Arch Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel ?

I’m truly not skilled one little bit @AlexBT , and I just use it very lightly to fill my skimpy brows in. I probably am not even using it correctly! 😆 I haven’t tried the fiber gel though I should. I think I forgot about it! Does it flake at all? My favorite in that category so far is MERIT Brow 1980 Volumizing Eyebrow Pomade Gel Black Brown and now trying the new ROSE INC Brow Renew Clean Tinted Eyebrow-Growth Gel FILL 05 . Both work well for a quick look and for some one like me who isn’t very good at brows! 

That brush, @Sunnysmom 🤩 Time to figure out how I can make it work, because it looks like it fits just right. 

It’s a good one I think @eshoe ! Easy peezy for someone like me who is not too skilled let’s just say…😆

@Sunnysmom Sameeee, girl, same!! My skin has been so dry this summer, idk what it is! Also, I saw your lips pouch in the thumbnail for this thread and it totally drew me in. It is so you; I love it! ❤️ and now I'm curious about that Dior lipstick. I'll do anything for a stain to stay in place under a mask!

Such a pain isn’t it @Guessgal ! Crazy the layers of stuff I can still put on not sure about you. 🤦🏻‍♀️That pouch is cute isn’t it, freebie from MAC. It’s funny because I almost tagged you on this one! It’s more of a semi matte and I really love it blotted down. Diable shade is the other one I love, same idea only a little more red.  “Try it, you’ll like it”! 😂

@Sunnysmom Awwww it warms my heart that you thought of me! ☺️ and ooo yes! Taking notes of those shade names now to add to my loves list! 📝

Us red lip loving girls gotta stick together right @Guessgal ?! 🤗 Know there’s a lot more of us too! 💋

@BluePaisley, Huda Kayali Vanilla smells soooo good! 🥰

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • MonthlyFavesAugust2021.jpg
  • 81C99673-48D6-4D2B-8ADE-68B7F3B7AA21.jpeg
  • 553D2B41-3C1F-4E5F-95B8-1F6DB7E6C100.jpeg
  • AFD34471-DDDB-488A-8312-9F3AE07C3B8E.jpeg
  • Monthly faves: August 2021
  • 152E0120-9F53-4508-B1ED-D666BE920204.jpeg
  • IMG_20210826_135705796.jpg
  • charlotte-tilbury_lightgasm_001_palette.jpeg