cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The SPF/Sunscreen Thread: What are your faves this season? 😎☀️

Anna2BT_0-1655483874930.png

Helllooo BIC! In celebration for the first day of summer (June 21st) it’s time we put the spotlight on our friend SPF! When the days get a little bit longer and brighter, I always make sure to give my SPF-packed products a little extra love because I know they’ll be working overtime to protect my skin. 💪 Anyone else here feel the same way?

I don’t know about you, but I know my SPF collection needs a 2022 update. SO, what are your favorite products containing SPF? Whether you are diving into sunscreen for the first time, or already have some tried and true favorites, let’s use this thread to talk about all things SPF and sun protection! ☀️

There are so many great options for SPF out there – here’s a peek at my wish list as I gear up for some fun in the sun:

Leave all your SPF/Sunscreen products, comments, questions, and any other fun stuff down below!

Re: The SPF/Sunscreen Thread: What are your faves this season? 😎☀️

@CookieGirl1 ooh I can see what you mean about the slipperiness! What other primers do you like? I'm always keeping my eye out for a good primer

@Anna2BT @Have you tried Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold ? I know it’s another favorite on here. 

Been using Nuetragena SPF 100 for my face but it piles? a lot! Need something that I can spray a top of my makeup throughout the day to reapply, any suggestions?

Hi! @Beautifel you might want to check out the Supergoop! (Re) Setting Refreshing Mist SPF 40 3.4 oz/ 100 mL which works as a makeup setting mist! I've also tried the Supergoop! PLAY Antioxidant Body Sunscreen Mist SPF 50 6.0 oz/ 177 mL it feels good on and is pretty weightless on the skin 🙂

@Anna2BT   I have a few favorites.  For my face I tend to enjoy chemical sunscreens that easily absorb invisibly but there’s also a place in my heart for the Avene Solaire which applies an even white cast that makes my skin look translucent.  

D075D5BA-9789-4E9C-915B-EAB1F4A53120.jpeg

E8CFE630-1C25-4A08-B8F9-5847FF385C65.jpegLANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ 1.6 oz/ 50 mL Lancôme UV Expert Aquagel Defense Sunscreen, Primer & Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 50 

@heartsmyface I love that you added a pic of each sunscreen and swatched it! You can really see the differences in consistency 

The swatches are actually helpful, @heartsmyface.

@CookieGirl1  You’re welcome!  I like to see and compare how things absorb and the sheen they have so I thought they might be helpful:) 

@heartsmyface I'm definitely a "texture person" so swatches like that really help me.

@heartsmyface The packaging on that Etude House!  I know it's whats on the inside that counts but who can resist the cute packaging too?

@missjeanie  It’s funny cause I totally bought it for the packaging and am wondering why more sunscreen products don’t have beautiful designs  on them.  Why are they always so medicinal looking? 🧐

I absolutely love the Everyday Resting Beach Face 30 SPF sunscreen. I also adore their lotion. It doesn’t leave a white cast, it’s hydrating, and easy to apply! 

@brookiecakess  I love the name of that one!  Putting that on my list to check out:) 

@Anna2BT I'm deeply dedicated to all things Supergoop. I didn't discover them until I started working at Sephora and now I am all in!

Here's my current collection. Pictured: 

Supergoop! Superscreen Daily Moisturizer Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL - I use this on my hands and chest

Supergoop! Glow Oil Body Sunscreen SPF 50 PA++++ 5.0 oz/ 148 mL  (not pictured is also the mini version of this that I have for travel) - I use this on my legs

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (can also see another size of this!) - I use this on my face

Supergoop! PLAY Everyday Lotion SPF 50 Face & Body Sunscreen  - I use this on my arms. 

I cannot explain how I arrived at this structure of application, but here we are! Pretty sure I also have lip suncreen balm not in this collection. 

supergoop.jpg

@CarolBT I love your collection! Do you have an ultimate fave Supergoop! product?

If I had to pick only one @Anna2BT, it would be the Unseen for sure. Followed closely by the Everyday.

@CarolBT Nice pick! The unseen is definitely a fan favorite. I'm testing this one for sure next time I'm in a Sephora store! 👀

Second @CookieGirl1 , love this collection @CarolBT ! I’ve been curious about the oil as well. Onto the list she goes! 

My teenaged son likes it too! Mainly because it's really fast and easy to use (the oil, that is). He still has to use something different for his face though, being in an acne-prone time of life. 

@CarolBT lol, love your little collection that you have!

@CarolBT Of all the things to be dedicated to... This is a good brand!

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • Anna2BT_0-1655483874930.png
  • supergoop.jpg
  • D075D5BA-9789-4E9C-915B-EAB1F4A53120.jpeg
  • E8CFE630-1C25-4A08-B8F9-5847FF385C65.jpeg
  • 8414A7FF-69B5-4C97-906D-307124D39D1B.jpeg
  • A7664AB5-E2B5-439F-BDEA-C4FEF94576E0.jpeg
  • Anna2BT_0-1656098473090.png
  • Tinted mineral SPF.jpg
  • Chemical SPF.jpg