cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The SPF/Sunscreen Thread: What are your faves this season? 😎☀️

Anna2BT_0-1655483874930.png

Helllooo BIC! In celebration for the first day of summer (June 21st) it’s time we put the spotlight on our friend SPF! When the days get a little bit longer and brighter, I always make sure to give my SPF-packed products a little extra love because I know they’ll be working overtime to protect my skin. 💪 Anyone else here feel the same way?

I don’t know about you, but I know my SPF collection needs a 2022 update. SO, what are your favorite products containing SPF? Whether you are diving into sunscreen for the first time, or already have some tried and true favorites, let’s use this thread to talk about all things SPF and sun protection! ☀️

There are so many great options for SPF out there – here’s a peek at my wish list as I gear up for some fun in the sun:

Leave all your SPF/Sunscreen products, comments, questions, and any other fun stuff down below!

Re: The SPF/Sunscreen Thread: What are your faves this season? 😎☀️

@faeriegirlI do, thanks!  It's nice to have a high spf that wears so easily!

I have been wearing Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ for years, and recently added Supergoop! Daily Dose Vitamin C Serum with SPF 40 1.0 oz/ 30 mL to my sunscreen routine. It’s a combo I absolutely love! I finish up my sunscreen with ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation Formosa ST4 and am completely obsessed. Even though they market this as a “foundation” I think “tinted sunscreen” is much more accurate. It’s very lightweight in coverage and perfect for light or even no makeup day. It doesn’t feel at all like foundation, and I am okay with that! It’s exactly what I need for hot and humid Florida summers. 

@alexasteph I love this combo, you're like super protected! 💪🌞 Also, I super appreciate you sharing that your beauty routine is battling against Florida summers, now that's super trusted! I was unsure if I wanted to get the ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation Dominica ST14 but you have totally convinced me! 

@Anna2BT Oh yes, this combo is heat and humidity tested! Full disclosure though - I do still set with powder. I had an event where I needed a fuller coverage so I wore a different foundation… and it did not hold up! I regretted not just going with this routine halfway through the day. 

@Anna2BT I have used Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ forever but my new and current favorite that beats Supergoop Unseen is LANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ 1.6 oz/ 50 mL It's the only one I use on a daily and looks beautiful under makeup.

Sephora does't sell this but I also love the Kopari sunshield body glow spf 50.

@SportyGirly125 Ooh I'm really glad someone mentioned the LANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ 1.6 oz/ 50 mL that one totally caught my eye!

Is there a white cast at all? Is the consistency of the sunscreen gel like or on the thinner side? I love beauty products that give extra love to hydration 💕🌊

@Anna2BT No white cast at all.  It's not a gel but also not thin.  More of a light cream that blends beautifully into the skin.

@SportyGirly125 ooh blends beautifully? Say no more, I'm in! 😍 Also, hurray for sunscreens with no white cast 😁

Those are both of my favorites too!!! @SportyGirly125 @Anna2BT I'm beyond impressed with the kopari!!! It will definitely be in my favorites list!! 😚💗

@lmaster Yay!!!!

135 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • Anna2BT_0-1655483874930.png
  • supergoop.jpg
  • D075D5BA-9789-4E9C-915B-EAB1F4A53120.jpeg
  • E8CFE630-1C25-4A08-B8F9-5847FF385C65.jpeg
  • 8414A7FF-69B5-4C97-906D-307124D39D1B.jpeg
  • A7664AB5-E2B5-439F-BDEA-C4FEF94576E0.jpeg
  • Anna2BT_0-1656098473090.png