cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The SPF/Sunscreen Thread: What are your faves this season? 😎☀️

Anna2BT_0-1655483874930.png

Helllooo BIC! In celebration for the first day of summer (June 21st) it’s time we put the spotlight on our friend SPF! When the days get a little bit longer and brighter, I always make sure to give my SPF-packed products a little extra love because I know they’ll be working overtime to protect my skin. 💪 Anyone else here feel the same way?

I don’t know about you, but I know my SPF collection needs a 2022 update. SO, what are your favorite products containing SPF? Whether you are diving into sunscreen for the first time, or already have some tried and true favorites, let’s use this thread to talk about all things SPF and sun protection! ☀️

There are so many great options for SPF out there – here’s a peek at my wish list as I gear up for some fun in the sun:

Leave all your SPF/Sunscreen products, comments, questions, and any other fun stuff down below!

Re: The SPF/Sunscreen Thread: What are your faves this season? 😎☀️

@itsfi gorgeous swatches (and so helpful too!) I really want to try that Shiseido Clear Sunscreen Stick SPF 50 0.7 oz/ 20 g ! How well does it work under and over makeup?

My favorite sunscreen is unquestionably Innisfree Daily UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 36, which I like because it does not leave a white cast and is also... a physical sunscreen. Physical sunscreen has been shown to keep UV rays away from the skin. The sunscreen is also well-known for being the least expensive sunscreen available at Sephora and is suitable for all skin types ( dry, normal, oily, or combination skin, etc ... ) 

@tinilifeisgoing you've convinced me, totally trying this next! 😉I really like Innisfree products, so I'm excited to check this one out

@Anna2BT  My favourite sunscreen is Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL  I love how it feels like a serum!

@ather omg I feel the same way! Love how sheer it is and my skin always feels so nice right after

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 2.5 oz / 73.9 mL !!!!! Works like a charm because it has SPF and works like a primer when doing makeup

if no makeup, LANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ 1.6 oz/ 50 mL !

@rachelh96 @Love the Laneige sunscreen. 

*Sunscreen purchase update - Dr. Jart+ and Summer Fridays*

Anna2BT_0-1656098473090.png

Hey everyone 😊 I thought I'd give a little update to my recent sunscreen purchases after talking to everyone on this thread with some swatches! I purchased the:

Dr. Jart+ Every Sun Day™ Face Sunscreen SPF 50+ 3.38 oz / 100 mL  (on the left side)

Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL  (on the right side)

Both products were really light in consistency and were very similar to skincare. I really liked how they both felt on my skin. Neither had any white cast and blended perfectly on my skin much like a moisturizer. 

I'm already planning on my next shopping trip thanks to this post 💕 Let me know if you have any questions on these products!

I always go back to my favorites from MDSolarSciences (the Mineral Creme 50), Coola ( COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mL ), and Supergoop ( Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ ) BUT this year I am also absolutely loving the Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish. It's perfect for my skin. Lightweight, easy to apply, nondrying, soft-focus finish that blurs out light imperfections. It's fantastic. 

@quspork ooh Coola wasn't a brand on my radar but I love the idea of a summer silk creme 😍 I'm going to have to look for more Coola products in the future, thanks!

@SportyGirly125  Do you know if the Coola products are good for sensative skin? I as looking a few of theres.

@aimes10 @I have sensitive skin and it was fine for me. Everyone is different.  See if you can sample it first. 

@SportyGirly125 thanks for the recs! I'm going to check these out next time I'm in store 🙂

I’ve been loving the Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ 2 oz/ 59 mL ! It creates a nice base for makeup on days I want to wear it, and is nice just on its own for comfortable non-greasy sunscreen. 

@Mcakes ooh a Tatcha sunscreen I didn't know about it 👀 I'm definitely putting this on my list for things to check out in person next time I'm in a Sephora store. Also, I love Tatcha's packaging, that sunscreen is so cute and pretty 

@Anna2BT I only found out about it because of a brand rep while I was in a store! They were offering a cute GWP so I had to get something. Sunscreen it was 😂 

@Mcakes haha I love the impulse buy! I think sunscreen is a great choice because we all could use a little extra sun protection. So...basically you're making smart purchases for your health 😉

I still love the Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ .  I prefer a chemical sunscreen for my face and I love how this feels similar to a silicone-based primer that I'd use anyway.

@CookieGirl1 ooh that's a great point! I've never thought about how similar it is to a primer, but now thinking about it the Unseen Sunscreen totally gives me #Smashbox Mini Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Oil-Free Foundation Primer .34 oz/10 ml vibes

@Anna2BT I actually like it better than the Smashbox primer; I've never been big on that primer for some reason--it's almost a little too slippery for me--but I like most other silicone primers so the Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ checks off a lot of boxes for me.

135 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • Anna2BT_0-1655483874930.png
  • supergoop.jpg
  • D075D5BA-9789-4E9C-915B-EAB1F4A53120.jpeg
  • E8CFE630-1C25-4A08-B8F9-5847FF385C65.jpeg
  • 8414A7FF-69B5-4C97-906D-307124D39D1B.jpeg
  • A7664AB5-E2B5-439F-BDEA-C4FEF94576E0.jpeg
  • Anna2BT_0-1656098473090.png
  • Tinted mineral SPF.jpg
  • Chemical SPF.jpg