cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The SPF/Sunscreen Thread: What are your faves this season? 😎☀️

Anna2BT_0-1655483874930.png

Helllooo BIC! In celebration for the first day of summer (June 21st) it’s time we put the spotlight on our friend SPF! When the days get a little bit longer and brighter, I always make sure to give my SPF-packed products a little extra love because I know they’ll be working overtime to protect my skin. 💪 Anyone else here feel the same way?

I don’t know about you, but I know my SPF collection needs a 2022 update. SO, what are your favorite products containing SPF? Whether you are diving into sunscreen for the first time, or already have some tried and true favorites, let’s use this thread to talk about all things SPF and sun protection! ☀️

There are so many great options for SPF out there – here’s a peek at my wish list as I gear up for some fun in the sun:

Leave all your SPF/Sunscreen products, comments, questions, and any other fun stuff down below!

Re: The SPF/Sunscreen Thread: What are your faves this season? 😎☀️

This one looks so interesting @Samtian ! If you get it, let us know how you like it!

@Saradestin Everytime I wear the sample we have freak rainstorms that weren't in the forecast lol. 

That’s terrible @Samtian ! 😅😅

@Samtian, you and I are on the same wavelength there - I’ve had my eye on this one too. Want to go into a store to test out the consistency and also see if I might be able to get a sample to test too. Hoping to try to do that this weekend or next week. I will let you know my initial thoughts.

The ingredients list looks pretty good, though I am a smidge concerned about the jasmine extract in it as I’m not sure I’ve tried anything with that in my skincare. At a quick glance I noticed it contains at least one silicone. I don’t have an issue with that per sr but others might not feel the same. Sure love that it is a 100% mineral sunscreen. In some pics it looks like there might be a slight tint to it, but then again it could just be the lighting from the photo or editing. In any event it looks very light. 

@itsfi I can't wait to hear your thoughts! I've used Jasmine in a facial mist and enjoy it.  If I buy it'll be a complete blind buy.

@Anna2BT 

My faves are innisfree Daily UV Defense Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 36 Sunscreen innisfree Matte Priming Daily UV Defense Sunscreen SPF 37 1.69 oz/ 50 mL.  I love about anything innisfree. 💞

Very nice sunscreens @nuinui933 😎☀️

I use Supergoop! PLAY Everyday Lotion SPF 50 from head to toe. Thankfully they have a value size. LOL.

Supergoop has great quality products @elleb810 ! I love them too!

Not sure if I've already posted but this one is good enough to double post! Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ 2 oz/ 59 mL This sunscreen will always and forever be my go-to, perfect for bare skin or as a primer under makeup. Caribbean tested and approved. 

For body sunscreens I love the spray on COOLA ones 🙂 I think my favorite is the COOLA Classic Body Organic Sunscreen Spray SPF 70 Peach Blossom 6.0 oz/ 177 mL 

@QueenMarceline  I would love to try Tatcha’s sunscreen but it so pricey! 😅

@Saradestin I know, it really is on the expensive side. I die a little inside every time I buy it (and so does my wallet lol) but I've never found anything that works as well as this does on me 😞

Yes, it is pricey but well worth it @QueenMarceline 

@Anna2BT 

For my sun protection I love the innisfree Daily UV Defense Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 36 Sunscreen it leaves a glowy finish to my skin, doesn't clog my pores and is inexpensive!!!!

@peaches010712 ooh I really want to try that one! And that bottle is so cute 😍

I will preface this by saying i've never used a sunscreen consistently until now, thats how much i love this product. The texture, scent and just if they break me out alone has always thrown me off.  In the past I have liked the glow screen, but for the amount you need-  the tint and shimmer was just too much, also tried unseen and despised the texture  it felt like a pore filling primer lol

i know Mineral is supposed to be better for daily use and not clog pores etc so i was glad to see there was a sample available since i was going to purchase it anyway.

Favorite for the win is the Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

The texture is light, serum like has a slight tint which seems to help counteract the white cast mineral sunscreens can have. I've seen this applied on their IG on darker skintones and it seems to work as well?

I am still kinda curious for the tatcha one since its also zinc but the price is so high, i definitely wouldn't wear it daily

@aviscardi I totally agree with you! Unseen is a little too much for me for most days, it reminds me of primer too! 😂 Shadedrops have been fantastic in my routine. I have tanned medium skin and had no issues with any whitecast 🙂

That’s amazing. @Anna2BT And yes i can totally see those that love pore primers use it as a 2 for 1 product 

have you seen necessaire has a new sunscreen out ? Very curious about that one too, the price is much better than tatcha. I did see some comments asking about the zinc causing white cast “protection claim a 20% Non-Nano Zinc-Oxide concentration was required. Zinc Oxide will leave a cast on skin. To minimize the cast, the formula features an advanced zinc dispersion technology.​​​​​​​​” i don’t fully understand that,  thoughts !?

I adore innisfree sunscreen! I hate when sunscreen gets white and this one moisturizes my face and works wonderful!

I'm also using Neutrogena waterproof spray for my body and that's also really good one.

innisfree Daily UV Defense Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 36 Sunscreen 

I LOVE supergoop! the glow screen is amazing and lasts all day!

@Anna2BT, sorry for the late response. I have some tried and true favorites sunscreens, usually Korean or Japanese SPFs, but I love exploring what's new in the SPF / sunscreen world. My recent discoveries at Sephora have included these suncare goodies.

Summer Sunscreens.jpg

Saie Sunvisor Radiant Moisturizing Face Sunscreen SPF 35 1.35 oz/ 40 mL (physical)

Shiseido Clear Sunscreen Stick SPF 50 0.7 oz / 20 g  (chemical)

Tatcha The Silk Sunscreen Mineral Broad Spectrum SPF 50 PA++++ with Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinamide 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (physical)

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense Face Sunscreen SPF 30 2 oz/ 60 mL (physical)

Summer Fridays ShadeDrops Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Milk Sunscreen 1.7 oz / 50 mL (physical)

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 2.5 oz / 73.9 mL (chemical)

Tinted mineral SPF.jpg

Chemical SPF.jpg

Will be doing to some catch up on this thread and reading up on the SPF recommendations of our fellow BIC beauties. We all know that means my list of sunscreens to try will just get longer! 😆

135 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • Anna2BT_0-1655483874930.png
  • supergoop.jpg
  • D075D5BA-9789-4E9C-915B-EAB1F4A53120.jpeg
  • E8CFE630-1C25-4A08-B8F9-5847FF385C65.jpeg
  • 8414A7FF-69B5-4C97-906D-307124D39D1B.jpeg
  • A7664AB5-E2B5-439F-BDEA-C4FEF94576E0.jpeg
  • Anna2BT_0-1656098473090.png
  • Tinted mineral SPF.jpg
  • Chemical SPF.jpg