Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Rhode Beauty

@itsfi  I saw this and thought of you immediately. I am definitely into trying this one when it comes out. Hopefully it’s available in Canada 🇨🇦 

16353DEB-9C91-4B40-8399-EA1399A060DB.jpeg

plus I’m pretty sure we talked about greasy donut skin 🍩 

Re: Rhode Beauty

💯 on the names @peculiarzmakeup! Love the attention to detail there. Those are two great shades you’re eyeing. 

Appreciate that so much! I wonder if they are blendable shades I will have to do my research 🧐 @itsfi 

@peculiarzmakeup  They look very bendable from what I have seen online! 

Thanks for letting me know I appreciate it so much 🫶 @ather 

@itsfi  Are there any shade(s) you are gravitating towards?? 

Too many shades @ather. 😝 My eye definitely gets drawn to certain ones but I’m trying to be good about not picking up more of the same shades even though my blush collection is on the smaller side, relatively speaking. Ha! I’m going to look for more swatches leading up to her launch day - I was off by 5 days with my guess!

BUT that means the release date for these blushes is the same day the Diptyque city candles become available for purchase this year and since both the Diptyque and the Rhode release are  on the exceptions list to my no beauty buy month, I’ll be hitting pause on my “haul hibernation” on the 20th to pick up both!!! 😊 If I’m feeling the need to be extra strict on my no buy month, I’ll tack on another day and end it on July 1. We’ll see though; that will very likely be a last minute call. 😝 

@itsfi  Awww I’m taking the same approach also! It’s on my allotment to buy this month so I think I will limit myself to only 2. I have been good up until this weekend. When I made a few small purchases but not beauty related. So I think it’s ok! Which Diptique candles are being released? Summer scents? 

You're so good with being mindful and thoughtful about your purchases @ather! It's inspring.  

Diptyque makes all their City Collection candles available to the general public for one week during the year. It's usually in April but they pushed it back to June this year. It's been a tradition for a few years (5 maybe?) that I pick up at least 1 candle every year. Ordinarily, these city candles are only available in the boutiques located in the city for which the candles were named after. There are 10 candles in the collection, with the newest one being Seoul, which was released last year. They don't always produce a candle every year. Some of the candles have notes that seem like they'd be summer scents - London, Berlin, Miami and Beverly Hills - Diptyque City Collection Candles

@itsfi  Ooooi like that! It’s kinda cool that they only allow the city candles to be sold for a short time! It’s kinda a cool thing if visiting the places you pick up the candle! Such a neat concept!  I’ll have to check out the thread! 

I’ve seen Diptyque candles around before but I didn’t realize the exclusivity of them! 

@ather, it's more the city candles collection that is exclusive. You can find the brand's products at Nordstrom, Space NK, Bloomingdale's - that wasn't always the case. The department stores also carry some of the limited edition pieces, but not the city candles. 

@peculiarzmakeup  Those are both beautiful choices!!! Hmm I think I was more gravitating towards sleepy girl and freckle. But honestly I think every shade is gorgeous! I love the Summer Fridays blushes that looks like aren’t made now so I’ll pick up a different shade from what I have in those!! I hope you try them out!!! 

Thank you! I appreciate hearing your thoughts and blush is on the horizon for me right now so I’m definatley in that era haha 😆 @ather 

More hints. When. You guys know @ather @itsfi ?! Clearly we need more blush. 

IMG_5572.jpeg

@Sunnysmom  Ooooo I need all of these!!!  

@itsfi @Sunnysmom  I also thought I saw her say something about brows too! 

@Sunnysmom, I heard about the possiblity of a blush stick, but not about the brow product @ather. Interesting. Rhode products are on my list of allowances for my no-buy so ... I'm guessing (and it's just a guess) maybe a product launch will happen on or around June 15 - Rhode will be 2 years old. 

@itsfi @Sunnysmom  That timing would make sense. And close too!! Fingers crossed! I need that pink for summer!! 

@ather @Sunnysmom  ditto on that pink blush! good guess@itsfi

That timing could make sense @itsfi . Def an allowed buy I would think! 😊

Oh wow brows would be good @ather ! Agree, all 3!! 😭

I can not wait for these! Finally she’s showing us the product! 

IMG_4845.jpeg

@Sunnysmom  That pink looks gorgeous! 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 112 replies
  • 363 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos25
  • 16353DEB-9C91-4B40-8399-EA1399A060DB.jpeg
  • IMG_0253.jpeg
  • Rhode 1.png