Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Time to reset and begin again. The 2021 Challenge is finally here! 

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Rinse-off masks & peels (physical or chemical) that soften your face & body. Much gratitude to @keana1 for this new challenge!

Letter of the Week:  E

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

That is such a beautiful foil mask @itsfi 

@lmaster, the red is just really so stunning! Every time I use this foil mask, I find myself thinking I need a pair of shoes and a dress in this shade of red. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I, of course, need neither, but it doesn't stop me from thinking I do whenever I take out this mask. ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi 

Ruby-Slippers.jpg

โ€ƒruby slippers ๐Ÿ˜

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Super quick and abbreviated masking recap:)

298C94A8-824D-4825-903F-D86FF3D19D7B.jpeg

Spoiler
This was from G week, love the Volition Beauty Detoxifying Silt Gelee Mask. The Shu Uemera is a near dupe for the fresh Rose Face Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL. the only difference I noted was the addition of AD to the Shu, which....why?  Still, lovely, and thankful to have a hydrating gel mask back in my rotation.
CDF15032-63DA-4862-B67F-9DF2C359F153.jpeg

Sakura Rose Petal Mask. Texture, scent, consistency matches the fresh almost perfectly. A bit of a surprise but I will take it!

The Crรฉme Shop Gudetama mask was the right fit for the evening; simple
and no fuss, no crazy scent, easy fit. A little tack, but my skin was happy and my routine has been lax so it was a well-perfect fit;)

Last night I tried the Leaders Juicy Mojito.

E34424C9-0FD1-4AC8-84C0-FAC905691726.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
I have only tried one Mojito, and it was not the best tasting. This mask, however, stole my ๐Ÿ’—. The scent is a true lime with a fresh bite, which I am guessing is the peppermint. Sandwiched between two protective layers, it sat well on my skin and was easily maneuvered where it didnโ€™t. I might enjoy this even more than the Piรฑa Colada version, as the scent was so fresh and unique. I emptied the extra maybe .3-.5 oz remaining serum across my forehead and cheeks. Love, love, love. Hope to find more of these before they enter the sheet mask graveyard ๐Ÿ‘ป

Nice to know what to look forward to with the Shu mask @eshoe. Iโ€™ve been good about not opening more masks until getting through all or most of the partially used ones. Ahhh, another wonderful Leaders mask! A mojito sounds refreshing right now. Well, maybe a mojito sorbet to be exact. Thereโ€™s a store in the city that would have lines out the door during the warmer months when they carried that flavor. I imagine the same rings true even now, though with people spaced out in line to keep socially distanced.

That store you mention sounds soooo welcome right now, @itsfi, so soothing! I think you have been having some unbearable highs, must be a tough summer. Wishing you some cooler weather โ˜”๏ธ๐Ÿ’งโ˜ƒ๏ธ

I think this mask could be called a Margarita-scent as well. There are a few Leaders biocell masks left in my drawer, and I treasure them. Iโ€™m also very happy that I took the plunge on the Sakura, I needed something like that in my routine, it kind of feels like a safety-net mask. Maybe because the fresh was one of the first masks I fell in love with๐ŸŒน 

This looks like a great masking lineup, @eshoe! The mojito mask sounds really nice!

I wish I had a backup or two of the Mojito, @quspork. It was a really enjoyable mask all-around!

@eshoe  Yum! That Mojito mask has been on my list forever! I loved the Pina Colada one too, so I'm not surprised this one turned out great! ๐Ÿ˜‹

@Shosh85 I was a little uncertain whether or not I would like it, but it was so refreshing! The Piรฑa Colada is sweeter, I still have one left that I am holding onto for a special day:)

@eshoe love your changes to the thread ๐Ÿค— the Shu does look darn exact to the fresh mask,,, and the lime mask sounds awesome

I guess Iโ€™ve been secretly planning to restock my fresh, @lmaster and this just solved that problem for me๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for the feedback, I am not on here as much anymore but I noticed yesterday it just needed a fresh update. I am soooooooo ready for winter. It is currently 117 ๐Ÿฅต

Wow!! @eshoe the older I'm getting the more I'm appreciating the cooler temps! It's been between 75-80 this week

That sounds just about perfect @lmaster!

I must admit @eshoe it really is!

Yellow and red from the rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ 

IMG_20200903_125730496.jpg

Spoiler
Absolutely love the banana scent! A repurchase for life ๐Ÿ˜† the papa recipe was gifted to me by the sweetest @WinglessOne this one is new to me has an interesting scent, I smell fruity and I swear I smell tomato lol great results hydrated and lightly moisturized skin, this line is definitely a winner

Nice @lmaster! Rainbow week seems like it has been filled with great masks.

Yes @ShortErica and using ones in my close to expire bunch

Doubly good @lmaster!

I like the sound of a ๐Ÿ… tomato-scented mask, @lmaster, yum! 

@eshoe I love a little sweet mixed in

7,495 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1,368
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg