cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

Week’s Theme: Mask 🀺 Duel  - share your matchups, and which one reigns supreme!

Letters of the Month: V - Z

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@ather, it's really good. I anticipated some tackiness, which would have been fine by me, but none. Just some good hydration! 😍 If you can't find it, let me know. 

@itsfi  Sooo good. My skin responds so good to that line!!!  I’m sure Amazon has it!!!

Mine too @ather. Which products from the line have you tried?

@itsfi  The cream and the essence!!! So good! 

Ahhh, both good products @ather! πŸ‘πŸΌ My skin really likes the essence. β™₯️

@itsfi  Biocellulose, great results and cute packaging sounds wonderful to me! Mediheal makes some solid masks! 
..... and how cute is that snowman?! ⛄️

I've been wanting to try that CosRx mask for awhile now - I'm just waiting until I make more of a dent in my collection before I buy more. This one sounds great! I thought the cream was a bit more stringy than the essence, but I actually don't mind it - a stringy mask seems like it could messy though, so I'm glad to hear this wasn't  πŸ˜‰πŸŒ

@Shosh85, Mediheal makes a couple of masks that I keep 10 packs of - just soooo good. β™₯️ 

The snowman ⛄️ was from a β€œquick” trip to Target last month. πŸ˜‚ He wasn’t on my shopping list but I just couldn’t resist! 

100% understand about needing to make a dent in your stash first. It will happen. There will always been great sheet masks out there! 

Love BTS @itsfi the new song with Coldplay is sooooo good!!! Ohhh I have not tried the sheet mask version of the cosrx 

Yes @lmaster, another winning collaboration! I see that they have a collab with Laneige and one of its lip balm. I wonder if it means a possible sheet mask collab, either with Laneige or with another of the AmorePacific brands? 

I think CosRX redid their sheet masks a couple of years ago. I’ve only recently come across this one.

I did see that!! @itsfi so cool!!

That little heart mask is so cute, @itsfi!  Also, thanks for your feedback on the CosRX; I keep thinking that I want to try something from the brand but as you've said, I hear a lot of feedback that a lot of their products have a sticky consistency so maybe this would be a good place to start.

It’s adorable, isn’t it @CookieGirl1?! If I had tried it when I first received it, I would have picked up more. 

The serum in the CosRX sheet mask is definitely the least viscous / stringy / sticky than the essence and cream from the line. The essence from the line has a consistency that I think feels more like a serum or ampoule. The product in the sheet mask feels more like a traditional essence in consistency, maybe even more like a toner  - thin, watery. If you’re interested in trying something from the line, this would be a good starting point, especially if stickier textures are not something you like or are familiar with. 

Wait, there is a sheet mask tucked into that little blue heart, @itsfi? A biocellulose one, no less? I passed in those without reading too much about them as they looked like sleeping mask packsπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ Your description sounds so much better than that!

On the CosRx Essence, yes…that was a little too stringy for my comfort. But my skin sure loved it. The sheet mask sounds lovely, even that herbal-citrus scent seems above par and definitely worth a tryπŸ‘πŸΌ

@eshoe, the Mediheal x BTS mask is one of the best biocellulose masks I’ve used. The changes in bio-cell masks with the new technologies have been really good. 

You might really like the CosRX snail sheet mask. I didn’t find the essence from this line to be too stringy or viscous. The cream definitely much more so but I was fine with it. The sheet mask has a watery, slightly runny essence (typical of many sheet masks) so it would probably feel a lot more comfortable for you. 

Well yes, those both sound lovely, @itsfi. I am still using what I suppose could be considered β€˜3G’ technology biocell masks πŸ˜‚  

@eshoe, the 3G ones are also good! πŸ‘πŸΌ I’m just recently becoming more aware of the newer 4G ones when I pull them out of the packet, as opposed to having one on and thinking to myself β€œthis feels different…” πŸ˜‚ 

@itsfi  the heart and snowman are so cute. It's too bad they are discontinued. I know a few friends who would have loved to have tried them. I tried a travel size of the snail essence and liked it a lot. Will have to look for these sheet masks.

@nuinui933, the Mediheal x BTS masks would have made excellent gifts - the packaging is really cute and the mask performs well! The collab was for a limited time.

If you have a chance to try the CosRX snail mask, definitely go for it! There’s a lot of extra serum in the packet. 

Yay sounds like an excellent masking sesh @itsfi !!!! That heart is the cutest packaging ever !!!

@Kim888, this is the first time I’ve seen a sheet mask packages this way - a great idea! πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’œ

17,878 Replies
testing