cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

Week’s Theme: Mask 🀺 Duel  - share your matchups, and which one reigns supreme!

Letters of the Month: V - Z

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

A couple of nights ago, I found this hidden in the back of my sheet mask drawer. β€œY” for Youth, Yadah & les Yeux

93DC7C83-81B8-4161-9299-70D9E69E02D1.jpeg

Spoiler
Another go for the Youth To The People Superclay Purify + Clear Power Mask with Niacinamide 2.0 oz/ 60 mL. I have used this a couple of times, and while it hasn’t necessarily caused any issues, it seems a rather β€˜meh’ product for me. It does dry down, not terribly tightening, but enough that it makes my skin feel uncomfortable. I wouldn’t repurchase, as there are plenty of other similar masks that perform better.

The Lookatme Watermelon Hydrogel Eye Patches have the sweetest watermelon candy scent, and are soft on the exterior sides. They fit comfortably, and I wore them well after I had removed my sheet mask. I would definitely pick these up again!

Wine for daily veggies? Yadah says so. The Yadah Daily Vegi Mask Wine πŸ€” was an extremely thin, soaked in thick serum mask with a pale magenta hue. It took a little maneuvering to unfold it, but once I did, it was worth the wait. It adhered beautifully, but the fit on the eyes was quite wonky, requiring snips on both inner and outer parts of the openings. It felt like a second skin, and I wore for well over 30 minutes. I removed and felt zero residual tack. About 30 minutes after removing, my skin began to appear flushed, and my daughter noted that even my ears were bright red. Not sure if the two have anything to do with one another, but my face definitely felt warm. It subsided within a couple of hours, enough to make me hesitant to use this one again, despite how enjoyable it was to wear. However - it makes me curious about other β€˜flavors’ in this line, which I do plan to seek out!

Ingredients: (lots of grapes!)

Spoiler
1245270F-E750-4E90-9F78-3453ABD9AB5E.jpeg

I wonder if the cooler temps are making our skin more sensitive to certain ingredients @eshoe 

That is an interesting theory, @lmasterπŸ€” I do wonder!

@eshoe  Oooo great masking. The watermelon eye patches sound so sweet!! And the Yadah one sounds amazing!!! I do like the Yadah ones!!

Yes everything here was wonderful, @ather. Even though there were a few minor hiccups, it wouldn’t deter me from trying similar masks in the future. The eye patches, well-I could go for a mango one, tooπŸ˜™

@eshoe  Oooo yes mango would be nice. 

Nice review, interesting! @eshoe 

Thank you, @sister13 πŸ˜˜

While I'm all for counting wine as a veggie, I hate to see that this one didn't seem to work out best for your skin, @eshoe. I'm glad the flushing didn't last too long. 

Yeah, I found it a bit humorous too, @quspork! I guess this red was just not for meπŸ˜‰

@eshoe  Hmm, last I checked, grapes were a fruit, not a veggie πŸ˜‚

I'd be curious what it was that made your face flushed πŸ€” Glad it eventually went away! Sounds like a great mask otherwise!

That’s what I thought, too, @Shosh85 πŸ˜‚ Not even sure where they were going with that, ha! It was a wonderful mask besides the reddened skin, which may have been due to something else (though I didn’t have anything in my routine/earlier dinner that I can think of as a culprit πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ).

@Shosh85, nice with grapes as fruit! πŸ‡ πŸ˜† Maybe their QC team had a little too much vino 🍷 when going over the name? πŸ˜‚

@eshoe, do you have a sensitivity to red wine or experience any flushing if/when you have it? 

@itsfi I was thinking the same thing! 

I have on occasion become flushed after drinking it, but it doesn’t happen often. I remember reading somewhere that certain wines can cause this due to them having excess sulfites. Maybe this mask was just a potent one!  @Shosh85 

@itsfi  You might be on to something. πŸ€” Have you heard of people being sensitive to red grapes or red wine specifically?

I went on a wine tour a while back with my work group, and my boss (the dentist, who's a tiny little Asian women) would get beet red after just having a half of glass of wine - but that might be an alcohol content thing and her just being a lightweight. πŸ˜‰ 

@eshoe 

@Shosh85 oh that poor woman! That would make enjoying the entire tour rather uncomfortable, I would think.  My Mom’s rosacea becomes more noticeable after she has had a couple of glasses of wine, so who knows.@itsfi 

@Shosh85, I know some people flush with wine or alcohol in general, and with wine, I see it often with red wine. 🍷 I’ve read it is due to a lack of an enzyme that breaks down acetaldehyde and for those who lack the enzyme (it’s a genetic condition), they get red as the acetaldehyde accumulates. It’s not uncommon for people of East Asian descent to have this condition which may be one reason for your boss getting flushed. 

I have been told that taking Pepcid AC to stop or help with getting flushed. I’ve tried it before - I can get flushed on occasion, but from what I’ve gathered, for me it depends on what else I’ve had to eat and how much water I consume while I’m drinking -  I think an antihistamine or antacid slows redness but may not necessarily stop it altogether depending on how much alcohol is consumed. And I’m not sure it’s the best thing to do (take Pepcid, etc) just so someone can drink.

Very quickly catching up with a couple more masks from last week's "X" theme.

X for Mediheal x BTS: The "x" for this masking session is meant to signal collaboration. Mediheal x BTS Bio Capsulin Love Me Mask (Hydra) claims to be intensely moisturizing and revitalizing. There is, or maybe was, as I don't think these masks are being reproduced anymore, a mask set containing 3 of these cutely packaged hearts - this blue hydrating one (which I received as a gwp), a green soothing one, and a purple toning mask. 

X - collaboration BTS.jpg

Spoiler
My skin is left feeling refreshed and hydrated, with a brightened fresh faced, dewy glow after 45 minutes with the clear, gel / jellyish essence coating this semi - translucent, coconut gel-biocellulose Mediheal x BTS Bio Capsulin Love Me Mask (Hydra). Another winning mask from Mediheal and a nicely executed collab with BTS.

X for X-factor:  Korean beauty products have been an X factor in strengthening and healing my skin. My intro to Kbeauty took place about 5 or 6 years ago and involved products from Mizon, Leaders and Mediheal, and ingredients such as green tea, snail and royal jelly, all of which still have a place in my skincare routine to this day after all these years. 

X - CosRX snail.jpg

Spoiler
CosRX Advanced Snail Mucin Power Sheet Mask is a near perfect fitting soft, super thin Tencel sheet saturated in a thin, clear watery essence holding a noticeable yet dissipating scent best described as leaning herbal and citrusy with (thankfully) fading tinge of something mildly metallic (perhaps from the tea tree oil).  The second skin feel of the material makes for a pleasant and comfortable 30-minute wear but there's enough essence in the sheet itself (with plenty more in the packet) to keep the mask on for a longer time without it drying out. Absorption of the essence is smooth and quick, leaving no tack or stickiness in its wake. If I'm remembering right, some of the maskers here (@Shosh85@eshoe maybe?) have mentioned that a few products from this CosRx line (e.g., essence, cream) have a stringy texture to it; that is not the case with this mask, at least not from my experience. Skin looks and feels well hydrated and has a glistening dew and soft bounce to it.

@itsfi  

Could that snowman and heart mask be any cuter?! Great that it gave you good results too!

@elleb810, these were wonderful for hydration, which is what my skin needs this time of the year. 

@itsfi  Omg!!!! I didn’t know there was a cosrx snail mask!!! I am definitely going to search it out!!

17,878 Replies
testing