Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

These are not overly weird, but I did intentionally use a bubble mask (Let me Skin) to fit the theme. I have to admit that I do not tend to enjoy bubble masks. This one wasn't terribly bubbly (it may be because it expired last month...oops), but I get a little freaked out when they start bubbling in my eyes. Both masks were much too large and a bit tacky, but it was good to get them used up. ๐Ÿ™‚ I do think the bubble mask may have cleaned out my pores a bit (always a good thing in the summer).

masks.jpg

@PrettyPaint  I agree. I have a love hate relationship with the bubble masks. I feel like I get a bit uncomfortable when the bubbles take over my face but I do tend to like how my skin feels after. Maybe a month expired is the way to use them ๐Ÿ˜‚

@PrettyPaint I'm probably in the minority,, but I love bubbles masks ๐Ÿคฃ I would prefer the ones that are in bottles that come out as gel and then turn into bubbles so you can place it better on your face to avoid the eye burning I've been known to get from the sheet mask versions

@lmaster  I think I would enjoy them if I could just apply to targeted areas. My eyes are really sensitive, so that's why the sheet mask versions bother me. What's your favorite bubble mask in a bottle?

@PrettyPaint I'm sad to say two of my favorite ones are now..... discontinued! Pacifica had one and bliss the only one I see still available that I use is 

Screenshot_20220610-130845.png

โ€ƒpic from internet

@lmaster  Why do they always have to discontinue the good stuff? I will check for the Pixi - I imagine that should be readily available at Target! 

Yes and it's good!! @PrettyPaint 

@PrettyPaint, in my mind, "bubble" masks fall into the weird category. ๐Ÿ˜† I had one set aside for this week but just haven't been able to get myself to using it. I too do not care for bubbling around my eyes - the worst part of bubble masks in my mind. It's why I prefer wash off bubble masks - I can control where I apply it (and as a result, where it will bubble). 

@itsfi  Oooh, I don't know that I have any bubbling masks in a tube. That's a good point about keeping it away from the eyes. Do you have a favorite? 

@PrettyPaint, my favorite is the Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Foaming Mask - it's a pale salmon pink / coral gel coming out of the bottle which I find helpful because then I can see where I've applied it and where it will foam up. It looks like it's been discontinued now because when I did a search for it, all I see is ebay listings (for over $100) and on amazon (for $249) and we can be sure that I most certainly did NOT spend that much money on a bubbling mask.

I also like GlamGlow InstaMud - comes in a yellow bottle / tube; the mask itself has a purple color to it coming out of the packaging and a gel-like consistency. It looks like Sephora no longer carries it, but it is available through QVC or Macy's (which is having a 15% off sale on certain beauty products including this one).

I noticed that Kate Somerville has one geared toward acne - Kate Somerville Eradikate Mask Foam-Activated Acne Treatment. I haven't tried that one but would be even more cautious to not get it near my eye since it will likely have a heavier or more intense active in it if it's meant to target acne.

Oooh, thank you @itsfi. That's too bad that the Bliss is discontinued. I think I'll look for the glamglow. I don't think I've tried that version. I think I've mainly tried the version in the black tube (maybe it's charcoal)? Thank you so much for the great recommendations! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint, Iโ€™ve only tried a handful of the GlamGlow masks - theyโ€™ve had so many over the years. The ones in the black tube / jar, the white one, turquoise one and this InstaMud yellow tube have been the ones Iโ€™ve liked most from the brand. If you end up trying it, would love to know what you think.

Tonight's mask is one that I'm counting as "weird" since it seems slightly inappropriate that I'm using a Gingerbread mask when Summer is starting and because I find it odd that I was expecting it to smell like Gingerbread and instead it smells like almond ๐Ÿค”.  

*Side note--it does contain almond oil (which accounts for the scent) but I was actually hoping that it would smell more like spicy cookies, lol. 

20220603_230141.jpg

@CookieGirl1 that's really cute packaging!! I would want a gingerbread scent ๐Ÿ˜”

@lmaster trust me, it didn't satisfy me the way that an actual cookie would've ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Lol that does count as odd @CookieGirl1 ! I love the smell of almonds so I would totally like this but itโ€™s always sad when youโ€™re thinking it will smell delicious and it doesnโ€™t ! 

@Kim888 it didn't smell bad, just definitely unexpected.

@CookieGirl1, I saw a gingerbread cookie and clicked immediately. I too was hoping for a gingerbread spice scent - ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, gloves, brown sugar and the like. I may have to bake some gingerbread cookies one of these days. Or, see if I can track down some Pepperidge Farm Gingerman cookies.

@itsfi I LOVE the smell of gingerbread!

@CookieGirl1  I remember I tried this at some point, but I don't remember the smell! This was a great idea to use a holiday mask during the summer. I am sure I have some to use up somewhere. 

@PrettyPaint TBH it wasn't my fav mask but at least now it's gone!

21,372 Replies
testing