Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Mmmmm those strawberries look mighty delicious, @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‹  That is the first strawberry banana hair mask I have seen, it sure sounds like a special summery treat!

@eshoe, the hair mask was wonderful. A find from my last visit to TJ Maxx, months ago. And the strawberries were wonderful, too! ๐Ÿ“ 

Somehow the hair care section is one I forget to explore most times I am there, @itsfi. Making a note to check it out the next time I visit, whichโ€ฆshould be any day now ๐Ÿ˜„

@itsfi  This is a perfect masking sesh!!! Iโ€™m hoping you had that bowl of strawberries ๐Ÿ“ while masking!!!! The strawberry banana hair mask sounds delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Thank you @ather; it worked out well. The material covering the area around the perineter of my mouth seems to shift about and sometimes lifts when I eat with a mask on, but I definitely finished the bowl of strawberries after this masking sesh. Yum! ๐Ÿ˜‹

Oh strawberry face masks are wonderful!  I want to try the hairgurt mask!! @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜€

@Cissy63, I agree. If Iโ€™m remembering right, Iโ€™ve enjoyed most if not all of the strawberry masks Iโ€™ve tried. ๐Ÿ“ 

The hair mask is good; if you find it, itโ€™s worth picking it up. I know Iโ€™ve spotted them in the past at TJ Maxx, in both the older tub packaging and in the newer tube design. 

Ooh that hair mask sounds heavenly, @itsfi

@quspork, it was good. Iโ€™m not in need of repurchasing any hair masks anytime soon but this one would be one I consider repurchasing once I work through more of my hair masks. 

Ohhhh I used the hairgurt a couple years ago and loved it!!! @itsfi I even repurchased and tried other variations

Ooooh @lmaster, do you recall which other varieties / flavors you used before? This one smells so good. A treat for the hair and senses!  ๐Ÿ“๐ŸŒ I knew I should have picked up more when I spied these at TJ Maxx - this is what happens when Iโ€™m good and donโ€™t grab everything that catches my eye. Lesson learned? ๐Ÿคฃ 

@itsfi I also used the coconut acai version, but the strawberry banana was my favorite!!

@lmaster, thank you. I will keep that in mind.

Love the rosebud lip balms as well @itsfi - that was my first fancy one as well 

Thatโ€™s how it all starts, isnโ€™t it @Kim888? ๐Ÿ˜‰ One fancy lip balm and before you know it, a bevy of fancy lip balms. ๐Ÿคฃ 

@itsfi   The strawberries look delicious and the masks and balm sound great. 

It was a great masking sesh all around @minathayes! Love strawberries ๐Ÿ“ this time of year! So sweet! ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Spoiler
I canโ€™t get over how cute the packaging on the Faith in Face mask is! Love the vibe. This was a nice soft sheet mask that was overall slightly too large. It is unscented. I do think it lives up to is claims of being moistful and hydrating though it definitely started to dry out a bit at the 15 minute mark. My skin felt nice after and it absorbed quickly. Basically, a good filler mask, no frills but it did the job. 

The cake my day mask is the most delicious smelling mask ever. It smells just like birthday cake, itโ€™s so good! Results were average, a bit hydrating but thereโ€™s better masks. I just want to open the bar to keep smelling it lol. 

I was excited to try the lumina skin mask after I believe seeing @itsfi rave about it. The mask itself was a bit too small overall for my face, it was too narrow and the chin was very smell. It was super thin and soft with no particular scent. My skin feels great after using this - super quick absorption and my skin looked plumped and feels hydrated ! Super pleased with the result 

5719A1A4-671B-48FB-B3AA-D1EB79E28110.jpeg

โ€ƒ

A4B0E925-F3E1-4DB9-8EDF-3ACEB457D6F3.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888 

The cake my day mask sounds good.

Hmmmmm @Kim888 a super-thin mask would be especially nice for summer, even the thought of a thicker mask in this heat seems uncomfortable ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Kim888  Ooooo fun masks! Cake my day ๐Ÿคฃ the best!!! 

21,373 Replies
testing