Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

That's a good question @missy94612. I don't have a definitive answer for what the general "use by" date would be for daily sheet mask packs once you've opened one. I recall years back, reading an article (and of course, I can't remember where) that said once these mask packs are opened, it should be used up within 3 months, but that seems like a long time to me. I know @eshoe is working through a mask pack - have you read anything on the "use by" date for these daily mask packs once opened? 

@missy94612, I usually finish a pack within 4-6 weeks of opening it. I do currently have 3 open (eek!) - 2 packs with 30+ sheets and one pack with 7. I opened them at different times; one of the larger packs will have taken about 6 weeks to finish by the time I use up all the sheets; the other larger pack may take a week or two longer. I don't think I've gone past 2 months to finish one of the larger mask packs. 

Oh no, it's not cataloupe. I made a matcha smoothie bowl and added matcha powder and some Fuyu persimmons. Not a common fruit to include, but I had extra around the house and it adds a nice crunch to the smoothie bowl.

@itsfi @missy94612 I have not read anything definitive on โ€˜finish byโ€™ dates for these types of mask packs. I did just check my purchase date and it has been a little over a month since I first opened my Aโ€™Pieu Green Tea container. I am about 1/3 of the way through, so 3 months sounds like an agreeable timeline, ha! 

This particular pack has been a huge help to me in that it offers 1) consistent wear time - I know it will last a max of 15 mins, so I reach for it on nights when I am tired or donโ€™t have much time to allot to masking 2) consistent scent 3) consistent fit.

It is great for no fuss masking. Some nights I am more interested in the nuances of my mask. More often recently though, it is just about getting my skin the care it needs. I have used a few single masks past their exp dates but as far as multipacks go, i am unsure as well๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@itsfi like like I'm adding abib mask to my list ๐Ÿ˜

@lmaster, you are one of the lovelies who immediately came to mind when I was using this Abib cream mask! ๐Ÿ˜ Your fall and winter months are more cold than what I experience here, but the cream in this mask felt so nourishing as I was massaging the extra into my skin. 

@itsfi it sounds perfect for my Winters!! โ˜บ๏ธ

Itโ€™s great the daily mask packs are going well for you @itsfi , I do wonder sometimes how much more benefit there would be to long term use of the same mask rather than just randomly grabbing ones 

@Kim888, that's a good point. I think it would depend on skin type to some extent as well as personal preference when it comes to your routine. I can see good results from daily or near daily masking with both approaches - using a daily mask pack or a variety of different masks. It can get a bit monotonous with a daily mask pack if you're used to or like the variety of having a different sheet mask. On the other hand, using a variety of sheet mask can, at least for me, increase the likelihood that my skin may respond really poorly to a particular sheet mask. Fortunately, I haven't had too many of those instances and even less so the more I've been masking, the more I know about what my skin likes and doesn't like, and the more particular I am about which sheet masks I pick up. These days, I tend to have a box of daily mask packs open at least once every quarter maybe and work through a pack over the course of about 1-2 months. 

Have you tried any mask packs or found ones you like?

@itsfi @Iโ€™ve never tried one! I was considering out the Sephora brand 14 pack but then it had bad reviews so I skipped it 

@Kim888, I had initially planned to pick up one of those 14-day packs but the reviews in general and from some folks here gave me pause. 

For this weekโ€™s Sephora House Brands Week, a new summery scent:

0A67F0DE-4703-40DB-84A1-8DBFCAAF14D9.jpeg

Spoiler

Strawberry as an ingredient in just about any skincare product is hard to resist, so it was a special treat that this was included in a very recent gratis (thanks, @TeamBIC !). Before the sheet mask, I hydrated my skin with the Rodial Dragonโ€™s Blood Hyaluronic Mask. This is a repeat and one I use once a week or more. It has a slightly fruity scent going on which I love.

I enjoyed having the SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask Strawberry (thank you @sprocketta !) to accompany the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry #; they really fit hand in hand. The mask is a thinner consistency, also with a sugary scent. The serum was noticeably sweet, with maybe a hint of artificial strawberry. The fit was overall good; just a little big at the top and sides. There was an ample amount of thin, clear serum that drenched the mask. I wore it around 20 minutes and could have gone longer, maybe 5 minutes more. When I removed, my skin only felt slightly tacky, which was tempered by my moisturizer before heading to bed. This was a decent mask, one that I would use again as it caused no irritation or redness, but wouldnโ€™t be in a rush to buy. I am all for more fruity scents, though!

@eshoe  Oh, the sheet mask and lippie make such a perfect pair - great idea!

I think out of the Sephora masks I've tried so far, the Strawberry one is

my favorite! I may be the only one here, but I feel like I smelled more watermelon than strawberry- either way, it smelled great! ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ‰

@Shosh85 oh of course now you make me want to try this one again, just to better pinpoint that scent๐Ÿ˜‚ 

The lip mask is the first I have tried from Sephora, and it feels more of a light gloss than an overnight lock-the-hydration-in, dry air blocker. But itโ€™s perfect for masking since whatever gets used during that time is usually washed off!

@eshoe, glad to hear this was a nice one for you. We're masking twinsies when it comes to the first time using the two SC strawberry masks; well, sorta - I also paired it with the SC strawberry balm - they do go hand in hand, though I wish I picked up a strawberry scent from the balm.  

I may have to look into that Rodial mask at some point. I tried the essence mist a few years ago and liked it. They have a couple of really great skincare lines.

Yes, @itsfi - I noticed that you had the balm (which in itself, is not surprising๐Ÿ˜„) when I read your recent review and you included the links to your previous sessions with this mask. How cool that you were able to try the sheet a few times! 

There is a never ending list of โ€˜masks I would like to try out at some point,โ€™ it seems๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe  Great strawberry theme!!

Thank you, @ather! I could have included some strawberry ๐Ÿ“ ice cream which would have made it even better, but I didnโ€™t think of that until now. Next time!

@eshoe  Ohhh that would have been a better idea. 

@ather or strawberry milk. I remember the Nestlรฉ - it was such a treat as a kid! 

@eshoe 

I do like Rodial skincare products; will have to take a look at sampling that mask - a slightly fruit scent is never a bad thing. I liked that strawberry mask too. I picked up a couple after reading a post here on it, maybe @itsfi@lmaster?   

@missy94612 @eshoe terrible but Im sure I have! Can't remember specifically though ๐Ÿ˜†

@missy94612 yes I know that @itsfi has tried it, and most likely @lmaster as well (good guesses!). I have also tried the Rodial Pink Diamond mask and enjoyed it. 

1 Reply
testing