Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@itsfi this looks like it should have been so much better, but a dried out (albeit very cute) mask, uh ohπŸ˜•

Thankfully you had some rescue gummy bears on standby! Those are repeats for me, too;)

@eshoe, I'm hoping it was just that that particular mask was a flop. I may pick up another one at a later date to see if that is the case. 

I haven’t tried any of those yet @itsfi @but when I pick up some of the Vitamasques I keep hearing about, I will try to remember πŸ˜‰

@itsfi super cute!!! And vanilla cake batter??? 🀀

@lmaster, the scent was sooooo good. I kept sniffing it trying to figure out what it was - it smelled so familiar and I literally went through pretty much every baked good I'm familiar with trying to pin point it. Cupcake? Not quite.  Cake? Kinda, but I don't pick up any frosting scent. And then, it hit me - vanilla cake batter!!!  πŸ˜

Omg that’s so cute!!!! @itsfi so disappointing it was a dud! 

@Kim888, the cute packaging and those adorable bear print on the masks make me think about picking up another one if I see it. My Target is currently undergoing a renovation / redesign of its interior layout so it's a bit of a challenge to find everything in one place, so I haven't seen it appear in the new sheet mask bar area that they've set up, but will go back and check once everything is in their place. 

That's too bad about the mask, @itsfi. I've tried a different one from this line and don't remember a specific issue with lack of serum, but I do recall that mask not being particularly wowing either so... there's that πŸ˜‚ But YAY for gummy bears! 

@quspork, yes, a bit of a bummer but experiences with good masks have far outweighed those with bad ones. And, no bad reaction with this one. πŸ˜‰ Gummy bears all the way! πŸ˜†

@itsfi  Sooo cute!.. but so odd that it was that dry! It sounds like it would've been a pretty great mask otherwise! 

@Shosh85, definitely odd. πŸ€”  Haven’t had anything like that happen before this. I may pick up another of these if I run across it, to give it a fair shake. 

@itsfi  It’s too bad the mask wasn’t moist enough. Maybe a defect? Love your review on the gummy bears!

@ather, I'm leaning towards it being a defect because there was so little serum in that mask and nothin' in the packet. I just haaad to get in that gummy bear review. Had to. πŸ˜‚

@itsfi  I wonder if there was a tiny hole in the package 

@ather, I hadn’t thought of that.  I didn’t notice any serum on the masks that this one was sandwiched between but it’s a possibility. πŸ€” 

This is off theme, but I just really wanted to try this one πŸ˜‰

57089AA6-22A0-488E-83E0-920F78354454.jpeg

Spoiler

OTZI Dough Therapy Pore Treatment Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL 

This white-colored, clay mask has a very interesting texture- sort of like a cross between dough and jelly. It is firm but also bouncy/jiggly at the same time. If you press your finger on top of it, it doesn't even make a dent, it just bounces back to its original form.

The scent is a little hard for me to explain - it was kind of a fresh scent that was maybe like a mix of clay and cornstarch? It was light enough that I could barely smell it while it was on my face.

I scooped a small chunk of it out, pressed it against my face and just smeared it all over. It smoothed down very nicely.

The directions say to leave it on for 5 minutes, but I left it on for more like 8. It didn't take long for it to dry - it was soft and flexible and not uncomfortable at all. Removal was easy and kind of turned into a milky consistency when I rinsed with warm water.

My face looked a little brighter and less dull, felt super soft and smooth and even had a bit of a glow. My skin did feel a touch dry, but for me that's to be expected with any kind of clay mask.

I've never used anything like this before, and I have to say, I really love it! It did everything it said it'd do! I can see this jar lasting a long time, but I'll definitely be repurchasing when I'm out!

163A77DF-6CD4-4CAE-B57B-385E1BB25D43.jpeg

76384EE8-EFBF-43D5-8CAA-B842A4C05CA1.jpeg

@Shosh85 this sounds so intriguing. It looks like this includes Job’s tears, the seed and shell extract as well as the seed water, very interesting indeed! *into cart*

@eshoe  Hmmm, I didn't even notice that. I'm pretty happy I picked it up! It's a fun and unique mask! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 the name sounds really interesting!! Thanks for sharing!! Glad you love it πŸ˜‰

Thanks @lmaster!! The name is what first got my attention πŸ˜‰

@Shosh85 @That sounds so interesting - thank you for sharing !!

1 Reply