Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I am with you on the โ€œTea Tree > Floralโ€ @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸผBamboo is always a plus, too. Itโ€™s interesting that this line has masks that are each geared toward different time periods throughout the month, very well thought-out!

@eshoe In general, I would say that floral is my least favorite scent. ๐Ÿ’

I definitely think this would another line of masks that would be nice to try out - I'll be trying the hydration one next! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 ohh I may have this one? Great to hear it's one worth having a back up

@lmaster  It's a nice one! I'm glad I have backups, but to be fair, I only have them because I happened to find a 10 pack at Burlington Coat Factory - good thing I liked it ๐Ÿ˜‰

T for Throwback with a nod to honey, one of my favorite skincare ingredients, and in keeping with the "throwback" theme, going back to last week's letter of the week, with a S for Shosh85 who very kindly and generously gifted me the LAPCOS Honey Nourishing Mask.

Ingredient Spotlight: HoneyIngredient Spotlight: Honey

Blithe Energy Yellow Citrus & Honey Patting Splash Mask 
Spoiler
I find splash masks like this Blithe Energy Yellow Citrus & Honey Patting Splash Mask to be efficient and effective. Lactic acid, honey, and citrus fruit extracts and oils are notable ingredients in this version of Blithe's splash mask (the brand also carries a green tea version as well as a berry one). These splash masks are highly concentrated and must be heavily diluted with water before applying to the face. As the name suggests, these types of masks are applied by splashing the diluted product onto and patting it into the skin. There are several ways to use splash masks; my preferred approach is to use it in the shower, pouring a small amount in a cupped palm and then splashing and patting my face with the water from the showerhead running and the liquid for about 15 - 20 seconds. Every time I use a Blithe splash mask, my skin looks and feels clear, soft and smooth with a fresh faced radiance. It's also perfectly primed and prepped for moisturizer, sunblock and makeup afterwards and that fresh faced glow from the mask really comes through beautifully under makeup.

Splash masks can be used day or night, but my preference has been to use it in the mornings. They're especially great for those mornings when I am running late or when I want to streamline my skincare routine but still get the benefits of an exfoliating product, toner and essence in a fraction of the time. If used as part of a regular skincare routine, it can be used 1-2 times per week. 
Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Honey Moisture Deep Conditioning Mask
Spoiler
It would be an understatement to say that I love the Briogeo hair masks. Nancy Twine has done a stellar job at creating beautiful treatments and masks for hair of all lengths, types and textures. 

The Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Honey Moisture Deep Conditioning Mask (which I affectionately refer to as the Briogeo honey bear mask) is a limited edition honey version of the brand's original Don't Despair, Repair mask. This honey version is my hands-down favorite of all the hair masks from Briogeo.  The one con is that it's limited edition, but it has been brought back before, most recently in a LE holiday set, and I hope Briogeo continues to bring this beauty back time and time again. Until they decide to make it a permanent part of their collection (which I'm all for!!), I will pick it up a couple of bottles whenever this honey bear hair mask comes out of hibernation. 
LAPCOS Honey Nourishing Sheet Mask: Where to even begin?! Well, with manners. Thank you @Shosh85  for sending this fabulous mask my way. 
Spoiler
tl;dr: Soft, thin lyocell sheet mask heavily saturated in a sweet, lightly-scented essence having a jelly-like consistency. The honey and centella asiatica work with other good-for-the-skin ingredients for soft, smooth, dewy and nourished complexion after just 30 minutes of wear. A slight tack remains after the serum has been fully absorbed but becomes undetectable once moisturizer is applied. A definite repurchase.

Fun Fact:  Tencel is the US brand name for lyocell.

Mask:
LAPCOS Honey Nourishing Mask

Material:
Soft, thin Lyocell. It's very delicate and while it didn't tear, it is very pliable.

Essence:
Subtle and sweet-scented jelly-like consistency. Scent dissipates almost immediately and is undetectable once the mask is applied to the face. There is quite a bit of essence which is great for using on other parts of the body, but it presented   a challenge to keep it from dripping all over. 

Fit & Adherence:Adherence was great. Fit is fine; the mask is just a smidge too wide at the temples and a hair too long at the chin but not so much as to require some sheet mask surgery with my mini scissors.

Openings for the eyes and mouth were very large; almost excessively so with the eyes. Iโ€™m not sure whether thatโ€™s just how the mask is designed (doubtful) or if I may have stretched it out more in my efforts to unfold the mask which surprisingly, I had quite a bit of trouble with.  I'm fairly certain it was the latter since the shape of the eye openings looked out of place too. 

Notable Ingredients:Honey extract: anti-bacterial; anti-inflammatory; hydrating; nourishing

Centella asiatica (cica):  soothing; healing; reduces redness

Claim(s)
Nourishing

Results:
Soft, dewy, nourished skin after just 30 minutes. Thereโ€™s the slightest bit of tack to the touch even after the serum has been fully absorbed (and that can remain on the skin for 10+ minutes), but that tack becomes undetectable once I followed up with the rest of my skincare routine.

Repurchase?:Absolutely

@itsfi - that bear is so cute.

Right @missy94612?!!! Love packaging, the scent and the results from that honey bear hair mask. It's just an overall great product; if only it were part of the permanent collection!

@itsfi ohhhh love that lapcos honey mask!!

It's such a wonderful mask @lmaster๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ

FYI for the Lapcos honey sheet mask lovers out there, it's on clearance for $1.99 online at Crate & Barrel. I know I haven't been in a C&B in a while, but when did they start selling sheet masks?!! ๐Ÿ› I missed that entirely. @Shosh85 

Very interesting!! @itsfi thanks so much for the heads up!! ๐Ÿ™Œ

I have the same question @itsfiwhen did they start selling sheet masks???

Probably right around the time they realized the markup was so spectacular ๐Ÿ™„

Very odd, right @eshoe?!! I had no idea I would find sheet masks while looking online for a housewarming gift!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ  

@itsfi The Briogeo and Lapcos mask are definitely loves of mine! I've never tried that Blithe mask, but it sounds wonderful! What does it smell like? 

@Shosh85, the Blithe splash masks came in handy when I had a longer commute; I'd jump in the shower, dilute a capful of the product and splash-splash, pat-pat; hop out of the shower and move on directly to my moisturizer and SPF. Easy-peasy. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I didn't pick up a scent from the foil sample; could have been because I hold my breath when I am splashing the water and the product onto my face. But, I just went to open a new bottle and give it the good ol' sniff test and it has a very light, citrusy (slightly lemon-ish) scent. Pleasant, not overpowering.

Thank you for reviewing the blithe mask @itsfi ! I was always curious about that ! I was sad when Sephora stopped carrying them 

@Kim888, the Blithe splash masks are great any time but I love it when I'm short on time. Blithe has a really good array of skincare products. I agree its a bummer that they are no longer available at Sephora. Fortunately, OhLolly, YesStyle and Revolve stock their products. Were there any Blithe products you really enjoyed?

@itsfi @I used the pressed serum for a while and I really liked that! I guess I kind of forgot about it !

@Kim888, thereโ€™s been an explosion of wonderful skincare products in the market and with it not being as widely available as before, it makes sense that it might slip your mind. Iโ€™m very happy to be seeing them again. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oh that Blithe mask @itsfi! The Tundra Chaga pressed serum was so, so good...I must imagine this was, too.

Also smiling to myself at โ€œTencel is the US brand name for lyocell.โ€ I remember a tee feeling soooo extra comfy and raising my brows at lyocell. Makes for a great tank as well as a mask๐Ÿ˜Š

@eshoe @I really liked that pressed serum as well! I havenโ€™t thought about it in a while, I should buy it again!

I had forgotten about it too, @Kim888! Time to hunt it down again:)

1 Reply
testing