Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@itsfi oh my gosh!! I have used one like this a few years ago,, super cute packaging

The packaging is a lot of fun @lmaster! The mask is all about how we can brush our teeth while masking, but many of us here are all about how it allows us to eat! πŸ˜† I love that we think this way! πŸ₯°

@itsfi @Wow how interesting ! I do think it’s a good idea! Sometimes I want to drink coffee or something while I mask 

@Kim888, this one is definitely practical! πŸ˜ƒ

@itsfi  Ha there is quite literally a mask for everything!   

Yes there is @heartsmyface! I didn’t know I needed a mask like this until I actually used this one. πŸ˜‚ 

@itsfi  I find this one extra amusing cause I have been known to fold my face mask upward in half so I can eat something and then pull it back down.    This solves that.  

@heartsmyface, lol! Love that you fold your masks upwards in half to get in some snack time! I also love that it’s eating that a few of us here find this mask will be most useful for! @Shosh85 @missjeanie β™₯️

@itsfi @Shosh85 @heartsmyface I may or may not have done a chin flip to facilitate easier snacking once or twice... no confirmation though lol

@itsfi  Whoa - this is the first time I have seen this toothbrushing mask, and oh so cool! I spy that cocofloss and approve (I am very, very picky about my floss).

You’re not picky @PrettyPaint; highly selective. πŸ˜‰ Love Cocofloss. Do you have a favorite flavor? 

The toothbrushing mask is a good one. I plan to pick up another one to use when in the warmer months for some multi-masking - the toothbrushing mask on the top half of my face and a clay mask around my mouth to help with excess sebum. πŸ‘πŸΌ 

What a brilliant idea for a one-piece mask, @itsfi! I’ve tried brushing while masking and it usually just ends in early mask removalπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

@eshoe @Hahahah, unless I cut a very big mouth hole into a mask, same thing, or I end up wearing umm errrr... I mean masking with snack ingrΓ©dients. 😁 

@eshoe, it’s one that will be useful for doing things you wouldn’t necessarily be able to do or that would be more challenging to do with a full face sheet mask.

I can certainly appreciate the practicality of this, @itsfi. Brushing while masking usually does not end well for the mask. Makes me wonder about those who wear glasses, and if it is bothersome to have them rest on a mask while wearing it.

@itsfi  I remember this one being reviewed here.... it sounds like it gave you some great results! I don't really ever think about brushing my teeth while masking, but I do always think about eating! πŸ˜ƒ

Oh, and good job using an electric toothbrush! πŸ‘

Bahahhaha @Shosh85 being able to eat was my first thought too!  I'm all for brushing my teeth, but snacks are always the first thought! @itsfi I've never seen this one before, but I'm totally into it!

@missjeanie @itsfi  You guys totally get me πŸ˜†β€οΈ

@Shosh85 @missjeanie, eating, masking and lip balm. Not necessarily in that order, though I wouldn't have any major complaints about that order either. πŸ€£ I'm sure there are a few more things I could add to that list, but these three could keep me happy for a while. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

I knew I'd found my people here @itsfi @Shosh85 !!!  Could you imagine the slumber party we'd all have!!

I’m with ya @Shosh85. πŸ˜† My first thought with this one was β€œoooh, I can mask and drink my coffee in the morning at the same time!” πŸ˜‚ Makes me happy that I can do two things I love at the same time! 😍

Since the mask contemplated brushing your teeth while masking I decided to give it a shot! πŸ˜‰ Ahhh, the electric toothbrush! One of the greatest inventions ever. πŸ˜ƒ I want to find a good, not too bulky / heavy one for porting around with me to and from work once a daily commute becomes a more regular part of my week again. 

4 Replies