Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Sabah55, aloe is so refreshing and a wonderful hydrator! ๐Ÿ˜

E for eggplant ๐Ÿ†

E - eggplant.jpg

Wash Off Mask:

Spoiler
Papa Recipe Eggplant Clearing Mud Cream Mask is an unscented, purple hued kaolin clay mask containing walnut shell powder for a gentle physical exfoliation and several soothing and hydrating ingredients to keep skin from drying out. Itโ€™s one Iโ€™ve used before, last fall. I liked it then and I like it now. ๐Ÿ’œ

What I Like:So many things to like about this mask:
  • Unscented
  • Gentle exfoliation
  • Doesnโ€™t harden or dry down
  • Cleanses without stripping skin of natural oils; no irritation, no tightness
  • Baby soft, smooth, clear, brightened skin
  • Easy to apply and wash off
  • Fun purple color

Area(s) for Improvement:

None, as far as I'm concerned.
Overall Thoughts:I purchased a set of 10 of these capsules and have quite a few more left. These capsules sure come in handy for travel but that's won't likely be in the cards for me for quite some time (and that's fine). After I've gone through these capsules, I'll likely pick up a full-size tube of this one. I like the gentle but effective exfoliation it provides and can see it being put to good use as an aid for clearing out my nose and the oilier, clogged areas around my nose.

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
The cotton fiber material of the XOY Eggplant Mask is soft and thin to make it feel beautifully comfortable against the skin but is also sturdy enough to hold in the clear, slightly viscous and unscented essence it is saturated in without any of it dripping.

What I Like:
  • soft, thin-ish sheet wears comfortably against the skin
  • results were great - my skin looked and felt refreshed and hydrated
  • ingredients list is pretty good
Area(s) for Improvement:Not readily accessible
Overall ThoughtsThis is a good mask, but I'm not so enamored with it to consider it a "must have" mask. It's certainly a sheet mask I would happily use again and one I would repurchase as well, but it's not one I'd necessarily rush out to repurchase.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
from feelunique (dot) com:
Water, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Solanum Melongena (eggplant) Fruit Extract (10,000ppm), Honey, Glycereth-26, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Trehalose, Cocos Nucifera (coconut) Oil, Squalane, Gluconolactone, Allantoin, Betaine Salicylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Coco-caprylate/caprate, Adenosine, Tromethamine, Carbomer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Stearic Acid, Cellulose Gum, Disodium Edta, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride

I'm intrigued by the Papa Recipe eggplant wash off mask, @itsfi!! It sounds amazing. I've been using some of the Papa Recipe eggplant skincare and it's been hit and miss, so I'm not sure how similar it would be.

@haleyvvvv, the PR eggplant mask is super gentle. I can see it being too gentle for some folks. Which of the products in the eggplant line did you enjoy most? Iโ€™ve tried their honey propolis ampoule and thought it was good. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@itsfi I really likes the cleanser, lol, but the cream, emulsion and clearing skin were a bit too drying (and I didn't even layer them, I used them one at a time) and they didn't really clear my skin. I used the non cream items on my partner for spot treating and they were okay. I have Tea Tree products, to try for clearing, but I am also a weary to try. The honey products look lovely though. 

@haleyvvvv, so sorry to hear they were so drying. Ugh! ๐Ÿ˜– Thatโ€™s always a challenge with clearing products. Lately, my main go toโ€™s for clearing products have been the Peach & Lily Reboot Resurfacing Mask and the Origins Clear Improvementโ„ข Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish. I use the Origins one on areas where I tend to be more dry; the honey helps. The Peach & Lily is good for decongesting clogged pores; it can be drying so I tend to concentrate it on the oilier parts of my face.

It is!! That's why I really like the Farmacy BHA toner for maintenance pore decongesting and the Sunday Riley UFO oil for spot treatment, both work well on my dry skin.

I'll have to try out the Honey and Charcoal mask, @itsfi !! I like the regular charcoal mask and my partner uses it, but I like the Boscia one better. Maybe I'll pick him up the Honey Charcoal one and try it that way, lol.

@haleyvvvv, I rotate Sunday Riley Saturn mask for spot treatment. Hadnโ€™t thought to use the oil that way; making a note to give it a try. That entire range has been good for breakouts.

@itsfi  Hmm, I'm pretty sure I haven't used an eggplant mask before ๐Ÿค”  I have seen that Papa Recipe one and wondered about it, so it's good to know it's one you enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ†

@Shosh85, itโ€™s a super gentle exfoliator. Sometimes I like something stronger but my skin has been very sensitive and finicky this winter so this one works nicely. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Gotta baby the skin. ๐Ÿ˜† Iโ€™ve been impressed with Papa Recipe - the sheet masks are wonderful and what Iโ€™ve tried of the other skincare products have been good. 

@itsfi great choice for E week, happy to see it was a good sheet for you

Thank you @lmaster! ๐Ÿค— Iโ€™m finding that my skin is more receptive these days to a more frequent use of an exfoliating wash off + hydrating sheet mask combo. Gotta give my skin what it seems to want. 

@itsfi i donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever seen an eggplant sheet mask before! Thanks for sharing 

@Kim888, the only eggplant sheet masks Iโ€™ve seen are this one from XOY, one from Quret which Iโ€™ve tried and thought was just okay and from Skinfood.

E is for Egg Nog and Essence:

D796B3CD-7EC9-4202-B6FD-F9F2C26E0133.jpeg

Spoiler
I have been so excited to try this Crรจme Shop Anti-Aging Egg Nog Mask since I picked it up last December. The drink seems polarizing, and I am team no-thank-you. I donโ€™t mind the scent, but the thought of drinking it hurts my tummy. So with great anticipation I opened the packet, and was welcomed with something reminiscent of concrete mixed with disinfectant๐Ÿคจ However, for a CS mask, the fit was pretty good; no snipping necessary. I left the little eye flaps down, and wore the Wish Formula Panda Eye Essence underneath. I think I took this from a motm box? Love these soft, drenched eye masks. And look, no artificial flavors!
9B2E649C-BE20-4314-9873-1D64971D3D8D.jpeg

I removed the sheet mask after about 25 minutes, as it began to dry. The eye masks still had plenty of serum, so I left them on a bit longer. My skin looked very hydrated, with almost no remaining tackiness. I wouldnโ€™t use the sheet mask again, but the eye masks are always welcomeโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe, those eye masks contain some great ingredients.

Agreed, @itsfi. A 30 day supply of these would be exceptional, though Iโ€™ve only seen that with hydrogel eye masks. It needs to be a thing, though-these are so soothing!

@eshoe  Nope, definitely not an Egg Nog fan either, which is why I've never had a desire to try this one.... sounds like I'm not missing much. I agree though, those eye masks are great! Glad they worked out well for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You arenโ€™t missing a thing, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

There are many masking adventures to be had, and this wasnโ€™t a necessary one. But at least Iโ€™ve satisfied my curiosity ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Arghhh @eshoe the scent sounds terrible ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ sorry you had this experience

So glad I have an extra, @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜ I bought one for my daughter to try and we are on opposite ends of the scent scale, she might actually enjoy it!

1 Reply
testing