Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

I love the PTR FirmX @Kim888. I picked this one up at TJ Maxx last year at a ridiculous price so even better! πŸ–€πŸ€ The Klavuu eye mask would make a good accessory to a superhero costume! If I wasn’t so nervous about having it so close to my eyes, it would be a perfect fitting mask. 

E is for everyday masking
Peach Ceramide - Milcera (7 pack).jpg
The key ingredients in the very faint peach-scented Milcera White Peach Face Mask are lactic acid and peach ceramides. The mask claims to firm and moisturize skin. When I started this 7-day pack last week, I was, of course, looking forward to seeing how well the moisturizing claims would hold, but I was also very interested to see whether there would be any noticeable firming effects after using this daily mask pack for a week. Yesterday was Day 7 for daily masking with this mask. 
Spoiler
Material & Essence
The thickness of the material on these cotton fiber masks is what I'd consider to be on par with most standard sheet masks. As with most daily sheet mask packs, the masks hold a decent amount of essence but I wouldn't say they are as heavily saturated or drenched in essence like you would find in single sheet masks. With this Milcera mask pack, though, there is quite a bit of extra essence in the packet that can layered on top of the mask if you choose. I used a peach ceramide mask last year that had a milky serum to it and I had hoped that would be the same here, but that was not the case. While there's a lovely, soft, peach scent to the essence, it's your typical clear, slightly viscous essence that is typical of most sheet masks. It's fine; I just would have preferred a more creamy, milky serum. 

Adherence & Fit
Adherence is fine and the mask can be made to fit the size, shape and features of my face with the usual adjustments to the corners of the eyes, mouth, and length along the chin and jawline. Instructions recommend keeping the mask on for 10-20 minutes and that's a good recommendation. My skin is currently on the dry side and I noticed that around the 20-minute mark, the mask started feeling like it was drying out in the areas where my skin tends to be the driest.

Results
Results-wise, my skin felt more bouncy, supple and slightly more taut in certain areas of my face. It also felt lightly moisturized and hydrated, so this mask's claims seem to be well founded. ❀️ My skin was very much on the dry side the week that I put this daily mask pack to the test and it did pretty well. I imagine I would have found it to be even more moisturizing had my skin not been so very dry and am interested in giving this mask pack a try at different times during the year, particularly in the spring. If I've been good, my sheet mask no-buy should end right around the time spring comes so I may just give this mask another go when the warmer weather rolls in. 

@itsfi  A milky serum sounds like it would've been a nice bonus, but I'm glad to hear the results turned great! πŸ‘

Milky serums in sheet masks are life to dry skin in the winter @Shosh85πŸ’– This one was nicely hydrating and that works too for this dehydrated-combo-leaning-dry gal. πŸ˜‰ The peachy scent didn't hurt either. πŸ‘

Definitely adding this one to my need to try, @itsfi. With the peach ceramides and how your skin looked/felt, it sounds lovely!

@eshoe, it's a nice one. I think your skin would like it better in the warmer months; it won't be moisturizing or hydrating enough on its own this time of the year.

@itsfi  Wow. This sounds amazing!!! Glad it worked well for you. Especially during these dry months!!

@ather, I has happy with this one - it has hydrating and moisturizing ingredients in it so it addresses both my dehydrated and dry skin. Oh yes, the first three months of the year are usually the pits for me when it comes to my skin being dry, sometimes December as well - it's easy for my skin to get really dry if I'm not super diligent with my skincare routine and water intake. 

@itsfi these results sound like a dream!! 

@lmaster, it was a nice mask pack; my skin really liked it. I’d love to see something similar but with a milky or cream essence. I know there are other peach ceramide sheet masks and ones in packs like this; I’m up for trying them! ☺️

E is for Eve Lom

IMG_20210125_100431798.jpg

•  a generous gift from the sweet as pie @eshoe 
  • Out of all the "luxury" masks I've tried, this one is my favorite
  • I'd say it's a medium, flexible sheet drenched in a milky white, thickish serum
  • Extra in the sleeve
  • Scent was not noticeable to me, I would go with light powder fresh scent
  • Wear time was 25 minutes
  • Results, my skin loved this milky serum, it soaked in nicely. Fabulously moisturized, nicely hydrated and my skin had a nice glow.
  • I did notice once all the serum absorbed, the tackiness did last about 10 minutes. 
  • This would make an excellent morning prep mask
    Spoiler
    IMG_20210125_100440850.jpg

 

@lmaster  This one sounds wonderful, especially the milky serum! πŸ˜ƒ

Perfect for you!! @Shosh85 πŸ˜Š

@lmaster, the scent on Eve Lom products can be too much for me; this one sounds like it has a much lighter scent. 

@itsfi this one was very light, I bet you would like it 

Yay, so happy this one treated your skin well, @lmaster! I remember this brightening my skin as well☺️ Love your bullet point method, easy to read and succinct. I might need to copy that, as a matter of fact;)

@eshoe no offense to the luxury brands, but I've not had great luck with the few I've tried, but this one was great!! Thanks so much πŸ€—

I think when you try one, you have higher expectations, @lmaster. And even then...when is a $50 sheet mask (like the Venofye @Shosh85 shared) going to be sustainableπŸ˜‚ 

Just found this on their site, that wasn’t even the most $$$ one! I think this works out to around $71/mask.

Spoiler
B7EA55EC-B715-443D-8926-9093667FCCBD.jpeg

 

@eshoe  Yeah, I remember looking in their site for the first time and being shocked 😳 

I am curious about their sales volume, @Shosh85 @lmaster πŸ€” I don’t even know what could go into a mask to make it worth that much for me to pay for it!

Holy cow @eshoe