Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Nearly wrapping up June ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฅฅ๐ŸŒž and  almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Masking Duel: Compare two (or more) masks to determine which one reigns supreme! ๐Ÿค”

Letter of the Week:  Z

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Rock On ๐ŸŽธ  and B's 

IMG_20210111_011608.jpg

-Animated Llama would make for a good band name, or maybe a DJ name? This Brightening mask works about as well as the similar Creme Shop masks. They're more cute than effective. The fit wasn't great, no discernable scent, wear time 25+ min. A bit brightening, a bit hydrating, not as cute as the penguin. C

-Generation Clay could be like a 90s style alt rock band name. Or a Clay Aiken cover band? This is a fine Clay mask, not my favorite, but nicely works to get into pores without over drying (if follow the wear time). I prefer the Origins, but for anyone who doesn't like how exfoliating that one is, this would be a good option. 

-Dragon's Blood is SUCH a good band name. I'd go see them when this is all over. These were both fine. The eye masks help depuff and brighten my under eye. The lip mask was difficult to apply and I eventually figured out to take the second mesh, and the gel mask got all twisted. I eventually got it right and it was nicely hydrating (the night before I'd done a lip scrub, so my lips needed a little more TLC). Overall good. I wouldn't repurchase either, but would use again. B/B-

-I love the Hanalei masks, and the Lychee soothing one was no exception. I needed it after using the following two. 

-Timeless Beauty Bar. Ooof these both were terrible. I got them from Ipsy. The Face the Day was a rough, paper texture which irritated my skin. I barely had it on 5 min and had to take it off. Maybe not enough a serum? But wow, was that a dream compared to the Glam and Glow one. This was immediately irritating and started to burn/tingle a bit. I took it off and things seemed okay that night but my skins been extra sensitive since then. Blah. D-/F

Ingredients: 

Spoiler
IMG_20210111_011654.jpg

Your band names are excellent!! @haleyvvvv 

Thank you, @lmaster!!

Love the band names @haleyvvvv๐Ÿ˜ I'm looking forward to using that lychee mask; just have to work my way through a few more in the bin first. Does it smell like lychee?

Thank you, @itsfi!! The mask didn't really have a lychee scent.

Mask the other evening:โ€ƒ

PXL_20210110_162435842.jpg

InShot_20210110_143203476.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
I am not sure what part of this mask made my skin tingle, but no ill effects occured from it. However, I'm not a fan of tingling skin without a cause and expectation, so this will be a pass in the future. It was a light, watery mask from recollection, and did not create tackiness. 

@l8totheparty  Aw, yeah itโ€™s somewhat reassuring when masks tell you some tingling is expected so you can brace for it and not worry when you sense it.  

@l8totheparty  Yup, I felt some  tingling with this one too. Sorry to hear you experienced the same thing ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ณ

Tingling can definitely be a unwelcomed feeling if you are not expecting it! @l8totheparty 

Hmmm.... I literally picked this mask out of my bin the other day and then put it back. Thanks for the heads up about the tingling @l8totheparty; will keep that in mind. I should probably go now and write a note about that on the back of the mask. 

Oh that mask is so cute, @l8totheparty, too bad it caused tingling ๐Ÿ˜ž

Oh I looked like a panda for sure! Lol It was a super cute mask. Alas, the tingling. @haleyvvvv @itsfi 

I had added on this Holler and Glow, "Fresh Outta Juice" (Watermelon) clay mask to a Target order without really knowing anything about it. I had never heard of this brand before, so it may be a Target brand. The name also reminded me of a band or song title, so we'll go with that. 

It's a pink clay mask. It dried down like a typical clay mask and had pretty typical clay mask effects. It was nice and refreshing, and I was surprised by how much was in the packet. I thought it was just one-time use, but there was definitely enough in there to use it twice. What I liked about it most was that it actually smelled a bit like watermelon. I thought that was cool because usually clay masks tend to smell like....clay. 

watermelon1.jpgwatermelon2.jpg

@PrettyPaint  I tried a sheet mask from this brand and was not impressed, but this sounds much better! Will have to look out for this one, because a watermelon scented clay mask sounds wonderful! Glad you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Oh I didn't even realize they had sheet masks. I'm not especially picky when it comes to clay masks, but it was nice to have a scented one. 

๐Ÿ˜Œ @PrettyPaint a clay mask that smells like watermelon??? Yes please

@lmaster  Watermelon makes everything better! ๐Ÿ‰

I can see the brand name and mask name being a band name and song title @PrettyPaint! Loved that this smelled like watermelon! ๐Ÿ‰ Is this one you would repurchase?

@itsfi  I actually already repurchased because I needed to meet the free shipping minimum at target! ๐Ÿ™‚ I usually can't tell a huge, huge difference between clay masks (unless they are too drying), but I liked this one for sure. I am probably biased because of the scent, though! ๐Ÿ™‚

A watermelon ๐Ÿ‰  clay mask is so intriguing. Nice that it was good, @PrettyPaint!!

@haleyvvvv  It was a fun one! ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Replies
Photos1,873
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg