Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missjeanie Me too. I like a stronger citrus scent than this has to perk me up.  

@heartsmyface  Both of these really sound wonderful! Orange scented + doesn't dry down + great results definitely sounds like a winning combo. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Glad to hear you loved these!

@Shosh85  Itโ€™s a winner:). I want to try more from the brand but first I must use some things up. 

@heartsmyface the citrus and rose scents sound incredible

@lmaster @Theyโ€™re really good.  Kinda weird to put those scents together but one after another was very pleasant:) 

Hmmm @heartsmyface, does the Priori bear any resemblance to the Vichy Double Glow Peel? It *kind of* sounds like it in its gentleness. 

Also, itโ€™s weird to think of witch hazel in a soothing serum! It looks like a soft and cozy mask, the little slits on the inner corners of the eye are so helpful:)

@eshoe Iโ€™ve never tried the Vichy Double Glow peel but now Iโ€™m curious. Iโ€™ve loved everything from Vichy Iโ€™ve ever tried!  writing that one down for whenever I get sll the way though a peeling product. 

Iโ€™m the other way around, I think the peel might be the only thing (or two) Iโ€™ve tried from the brand, @heartsmyface! And Iโ€™ve wanted to test out others based on my experience with the peel. Later this year, maybe.

@heartsmyface That peel sounds lovely, ill have to keep it mind. Glad both of these were winners!!

@haleyvvvv  Itโ€™s definitely one to put in the notes as a win. 

@heartsmyface, the Priori peel sounds wonderful! How often do you plan on using it? Ahhh, I really like that MediLab+ Black Rose Ampoule Mask. ๐ŸŒน This reminds me that there's a corresponding serum (and I think an essence as well) that I had planned on adding to my list. ๐Ÿ› Something to pick up when I get through a few more skincare treats and if that cute little boutique is open. 

@itsfi   I think I ll start once every two days and see where that goes.  
There is?   Iโ€™ve got to look them up! I need to come up with an arbitrary rule for new skincare purchases though.  Whatโ€™s the boutique called? 

@heartsmyface, the boutique is Candy Doll Beauty, but YesStyle also carries the line as well, including some products I didn't know was part of the line - like a foundation and BB cream. 

Okay, when you come up with your rule for skincare purchases, let me know. Mine currently is "finish up all of the ones in that box over there first!" ๐Ÿ˜† There are definitely some pre-2020 purchases in that box. ๐Ÿ˜ I just saw a cleanser that is set to expire later this year so that's coming out and getting used up first. 

@itsfi   Ha, good luck on โ€˜that little boxโ€™. ๐Ÿ˜„. Youโ€™ve got this!    I think Iโ€™ve decided that two out/one in is a fair enough system.  I like to try new skincare too much to say I want to get down to one of everything in a category though wouldnโ€™t that be nice to have that kind of discipline?  maybe I can slowly work toward that goal one day but I know Iโ€™m not there.  

Near expired cleansers make great body wash if thereโ€™s something else youโ€™d prefer to be using ๐Ÿ˜‰   I got my hubby into skincare (Just fancy cleanser and acids but itโ€™s huge progress) so he uses up the cleansers I find too drying.  

Hahaha @heartsmyface! You know me well. The box is probably better described as a large container. ๐Ÿ˜‚ โ€œOne of everything in a categoryโ€? Thatโ€™s probably too regimented for me; I used to be able to do that with one first cleanse, but then there was an avalanche of good first cleansers a couple years ago and also ones that are good for a second cleanser. My skin now is also too temperamental for just one cleanser. ๐Ÿ˜” For most skincare categories, Iโ€™ll have 2 or 3 products in a category open and in rotation, particularly for cleansers, toners, AHA's/BHAs and moisturizers, more when it comes to essences, serums and oils and, of course, wash off masks. Good call on repurposing cleansers as body washes. 

@itsfi @heartsmyface you guys are reminding me that I need to wrap up 2020's project pan and figure out what I'm going to do this for my "2 out 1 in" and "that box over there" lol

A is for acai

It was all acai sheet masks this week, but the SNP was my favorite of the bunch so it'll be the one I focus on.It was all acai sheet masks this week, but the SNP was my favorite of the bunch so it'll be the one I focus on.

Spoiler
SNP Per Fit Bio-Cell Mask Double Firmingis a very thin 0.2mm bio-cellulose mask; it's comparable in thinness with the Soo'AE Skin Recovey Biocellulose Mask that I used a couple weeks ago. The essence in this mask is clear, light, non-dripping, and has a sweet, fruity scent to it. I wouldn't say it reminded me of an acai berry - my closest point of reference to that fruit would be an acai bowl or acai smoothie and I can't say that's the exact scent I picked up - but I can pick up a little bit of a berry scent in the overall fruity fragrance. Adherence was wonderful and fit can be made to work with some incisions and adjustments to the corners of the eyes and mouth. 

The mask feels comfortable on - there was no slipping or sliding to worry about and it wore like second skin. I removed the mask after the recommended 20 minutes and noticed some excess essence atop my face, which is unusual in my experience with bio-cellulose sheet masks, but I welcomed it. The excess essence absorbed quickly and easily as I pressed what remained into my skin, leaving zero tack or stickiness. As for results, there was nothing to complain about - my skin looked and felt soft, hydrated, refreshed and brightened. I also noticed that, to my surprise, some firming of the area under and around my eyes when I removed the mask, which makes me wonder what the results would be if I used this mask more frequently and more regularly. Hmmm... 

I'm really enjoying these thinner bio-cellulose masks and I like that there's at least a little bit of extra essence to them, both in the mask itself and the mask pack. It makes me wonder if bio-cellulose mask like this SNP one and the Soo'AE mask are the next generation of bio-cellulose masks. If so, I'm all for it. โค๏ธ 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
(from snpcos (dot) us)

Water, Glycereth-26, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Betaine, Methyl Gluceth-20, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Carbomer, Arginine, Adenosine, "Cocos Nuciferaโ€ (Coconut) Fruit Juice, "Cocos Nuciferaโ€ (Coconut) Water, Erythritol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Lactose, Fragrance, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Theanine, Caprylyl Glycol, Silk Amino Acids, Milk Lipids, Glutathione, "Tremella Fuciformis Polysaccharide", Dextrin

I paired the acai sheet mask with the lychee & acai flavor of the Ciatรฉ London Burst Hydrating Lip Oil, which was a lovely gift from the fabulous @ather ~ thank you so much for this beauty! I love how it wears, feels and hydrates. ๐Ÿ’œ It smells deliciously of lychee to me, with maybe a slight berry scent, and it tastes good too. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Oooh, everything about this one sounds amazing! So happy you loved it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It was really good @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I like these thinner, clearer biocellulose masks. 

Firming around the eyes huh @itsfi this one is definitely added ๐Ÿ˜‰

I was surprised by the firming effect @lmaster. Happily surprised, but surprised nonetheless. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

1 Reply
testing