Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

C is for Cookie. πŸͺ (Any one else think of Cookie Monster when they read that?πŸ˜‚

C is also for coconut oil, dark chocolate and The Creme Shop

32EA711D-4476-4E70-8344-581AB97363CA.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop My Melody Softer Than Cookies Sheet Mask

This is a pink cotton mask with cute little animated pictures on it. (I took a picture, but I can't seem to find it now) I'm not too good at describing scents, but to me it was a very sweet, floral-perfumy smell. I'm usually pretty sensitive to anything floral or perfumy, but I think because of the sweetness of this one it didn't bother me much. It had a classic Creme Shop fit – too wide, too long at the chin, a tiny bit too long at the forehead, and the bridge of the nose between the eyes was too wide.

I kept it on for about 25 minutes. When I removed it my face was noticeably brighter and so refreshed. It didn't take long for the leftover serum to absorb and I was left with incredibly soft and smooth skin – I mean it was seriously sooo soft! The hydration from this also seemed to last quite awhile.

I didn't love the scent, but the results definitely make up for it.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
BEF2ECDD-28CB-4619-8F3C-6BF4F57EC3D2.jpeg

ETA: The mask (picture is not mine)

Spoiler
F5166A77-C3EB-4210-8AE6-CB83CA2BB192.jpeg

3BA14C40-6AB2-41D0-ABF4-1E71416D1571.jpeg

@Shosh85, there are a host of good masks in the TCS x Hello Kitty and Friends collab and this particular one is among my favorites within that collection. 😁 Happy to hear the results were good for you too!  Awwww, cookie monster!!!! I would support a collab between The Creme Shop and Sesame Street. πŸ˜

@Shosh85  Ahhhh the mask is the cutest! I love the Cookie Monster reference I totally thought it before I red your comment!

Love the Cookie Monster reference @Shosh85 πŸ˜‚  one of the best parts of Sesame Street, besides my favorite Oscar the Grouch:)

@eshoe  It's so hard to pick a favorite, I just love them all! Haha!

..... went to look for an Oscar the Grouch meme and this is the first thing that came up: πŸ˜‚

9C0852F0-67A5-4C52-98B2-AC4DBF684AB2.jpeg

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ LOVE it @Shosh85!!!

hahahahhaha @Shosh85 

I seriously get that song in my head every time I see this mask @Shosh85 .  Every. Time.

@missjeanie  Haha! Right?! "Cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C".....πŸͺπŸ˜‚

I have a few posts that apparently didn’t actually post. I’ll get them up later. But just wanted to show watermelon love with my Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask Set . The rest is my basic nightstand, I switch out perfumes regularly. Scents help me sleep. And that is a lip plumper from the seasonal Too Faced mini set. I use it every night under a lip mask. 

image.jpg

 

@Weetart  Great choices! I love the heating eye masks! 

This does look like a relaxing routine, @Weetart - that sleeping mask is especially cute!

Thanks @eshoe @lmaster @Shosh85 @missjeanie @itsfi . I have a variety of sleeping masks. But this is definitely one my favs.

@Weetart Looks so cute!  Do you use the steam eye mask under the watermelon mask, or use one then the other?  Also... Am I the only one who noticed the white claw and thought... ya... that's a good sleep routine! lol

Hah! you spotted it πŸ˜‰ and I put it under the sleeping mask. I find it smooshes against my eye sockets better sleeping mask over top. @missjeanie 

lol, when I use one of the steam masks I kinda smush it into my eye sockets too @Weetart , good technique. 

That's a super cute set! @Weetart 

@Weetart  The watermelon eye mask is adorable! I have the avocado one, and that one's pretty cute too! πŸ˜‰ Looks like you have a nice evening routine!

Nice @Shosh85  ! I used to have the avocado one but gave it to my mother last year in a mask gift basket. She had an avacado tree for eons and I thought, "oooh, don't be a horder Weetart... give it to your mother."

That GR watermelon eye mask is adorable @Weetart! 😍 The mask itself smells so good. 

It does! @itsfi  I'm nearly done with my jar. *sob*

1 Reply