Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@eshoe Especially when I've been having drama every mask haha. 

D for Dearpacker & also these words have been in quite a few famous bands. Guns & roses, Black Sabbath, Black eyes peas...so many more. 

1202202113a.jpg

 

Fit?it was a 2 part mask so I could adjust to make a perfect fit

Smell? Like rose tea

Consistency? WATERY. drippey mess. This mask was a true hydrogel but also felt net like. I think if the serum was thicker it could hold onto the mask better. I think this mask i barely got 15 min out of it before it started feeling dry. It also had bits of tea leaves implanted on the mask (see pic)

Ease of use?no issues

Would I  purchase/try again? Yes, if i could find itπŸ™.This was a cool mask. There was so much serum & it was so watery i dropped in a blank pellet to use again,. it's now

1202202113.jpg

 

sitting in the fridge. My skin does feel good & I fell asleep before i could remember to use a night moisturizer but my skin was still hydrated & soft in the morning. I also didnt find any stray leaves after using on my face some reviews mention thatπŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€

@sonnydee, this mask sounds fantastic! I used to see this one at Riley Rose, an off-shoot of Forever 21. Now, I just see the wash off version of this mask. Hmmm.... πŸ€” Fingers crossed we'll see more of these soon.

@sonnydee  This one sounds lovely! It's such a bummer you can't find it! 

I thought they had these through Ulta @sonnydee πŸ€”

They did @lmaster that's where ive been buying mine. But i think they are not carrying them anymore, there selection is shrinking

You're right!! @sonnydee I looked yesterday,,,, yeah slim pickings now 😣

I'm so glad this one was excellent despite the wateryness of the serum @sonnydee .  Gotta love a two piece mask, always fit so nicely. 

Maybe when I'm no longer as lazy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰ I will just start cutting all my masks in half @missjeanie 

I've thought about doing that too @sonnydee ... but I'm joining in on the lazy instead!

If you could find it, @sonnydee? I loved this mask, of course it must be discontinued/OOS. I will have to keep my eyes out for it now!

You can get the wash off version mask still at Ulta @eshoe 

Not a band name or maybe Your Ex's? πŸ€” but it is a subject that gets sung about a lot! 

1202201117.jpg

 This was a gift from the extraordinary @eshoe

Fit? Almost perfect just a lil bit of roz

Smell?it did have a strong scent but between my hair -fresh out of the shower, stuffy nose, & trader joes gingerbread body scrub. I really couldn't tell exactly what it was. Maybe typical sheet mask scent? But it was pleasant enough

Consistency?gel like, before it soaked in, left a shiny, tacky residue. It had be a bit worried. But you do have a lot to go around

Ease of use?no issues

Would I  purchase/try again? After it soaked in, was left without tack. Not sure of the exfoliating powers but did like this mask. It delivered good hydration & my skin was soft in the morning. Thank you @eshoe for sharing this with me!😊😊😊😊😊

Love the band name @sonnydee! Love Leaders masks too! You're making me want to break open my TJ gingerbread body scrub now!

Since it was 12 days & I bought it perfectly timed with minis bday. I used the calendar with her to count down til her birthday (today) it was fun & she enjoyed smelling all the goodness with me. @itsfi 

Awww, fun @sonnydee! Happy birthday to mini! πŸŽ‚

power puff bday.jpg

Love how you incorporate the name with the theme @sonnydee πŸ˜†

Ha yes @sonnydee seems like most music is about that, doesn’t it πŸ˜† Now the gingerbread scrub sounds delicious! I need to get to my Trader Joe’s sometime before the year ends. I miss my fill of peppermint Joeβ€”Joe’s.

It was a mini in the advent calendar. My TJ did not have a good selection of holiday goodies or at least i didn't see that much. I did get some peppermint hand wash. @eshoe but that was pretty much it.

Bahahaha, I love how you fit it into the theme @sonnydee !

Thanks @missjeanie 

tenor (22).gif