Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@sonnydee @This sounds great! I know I have it in my collection so Iโ€™ll have to use it soon! 

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Glad to hear it has a lemon scent. Even though I logically realize those who develop charcoal masks are unlikely to want to subject us to a horrid smell, I am still hesitant before opening the package @sonnydee

Last night I used Bombee Fruitables White Squeeze Balancing mask.

I had a nice serum. I had a hard time unfolding it. It felt wonderful on. It is supposed to balance damaged areas and smooth skin texture. I can really use that right now with all the irritation my face coverings are causing.

I woke up with nice calm skin.

073A5E66-3D6C-479A-8511-A280BF621B4B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

15174A68-F4E1-46D8-B7AB-5A48757BA60B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@emaisgr8 Love these masks! Happy to hear this one worked wonderfully for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I like these so much @emaisgr8 I hope they come back around Marshalls

Ooo these are nice and I appreciate the slim packaging. @emaisgr8 have you tried any of the others from this line. The white sounds great!

I have @ShortErica ! I've like all of the ones I've tried.

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Image hydrating bio sheet mask ๐Ÿ˜ my fave for my clients and at home. Especially love to apply to my clients after a microderm for that glow and plump and normalizes and rednesa from tx๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฉ

Love a good bio cellulose mask, @Kimberlyfs! Thank you for the new mask suggestion, will be off to researchโ˜บ๏ธ

@Kimberlyfs  Ooh, I've never heard of this one! Definitely love the sound of plump and glowy skin! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Kimberlyfs, I love following up a peel or microdermabrasion with a bio-cellulose sheet mask - T.L.C. for the skin.๐Ÿ˜ This is the first time I've heard of Image; I've jotted the name down so I can look up that mask. It's always fun to hear about a new-to-me brand. 

PXL_20210111_052301502.jpg

โ€ƒ

InShot_20210117_142640917.jpg

โ€ƒ

Delightful, moisturizing, confusing. 3 words to describe this mask. Mask up then....wipe off? Ok then. It was watery, and it (and the wipe) reminded me of micellar water. No matter, my skin was left soft and soothed. Would I use it again? Well, I will use the ones I have. If anyone knows of the steps differently than 1) wear mask 2) wipe with the wipe, I would love to know. 

@l8totheparty  I looked up the directions for this one and it said the Glacier Water Pad is supposed to "remove remaining essence and unwanted debris"...... why would I want to remove the essence and what kind of unwanted debris would I have? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜† Yup, I agree with the others, this one's interesting!

Hmmm... Iโ€™m with @lmaster on this one @l8totheparty, interesting! Step 2 is infused with glacial water and meant to moisturize the skin. ๐Ÿค” Iโ€™ve seen people leave the second step on their cheeks for a little bit, treating it like they would an essence soaked cotton pad for adding extra hydration to the skin and then using the step 2 pad to wipe away the remaining essence from the mask. Interesting indeed. 

@l8totheparty this definitely sounds interesting

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

I've tried a ton. Miss Spa's Hemp seed mask is great. Avon's Put Your Cool Face On mask is my all time favorite. I love how they are cut, it provides lift. It's calming effects are phenomenal. I recently tried Neutrogena Hydro Boost and did not like it. I did not like the consistency, the fact it came in two halves. Would not recommend. 

@Danielle103, I didnโ€™t even know Avon carried sheet masks. I tend to just restock what I need when Iโ€™m on the site, and maybe get lost in the various lip balms they have ๐Ÿ˜† but will make a note to check out that mask as it sounds wonderful! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The bottom piece was slipping off. I couldn't even talk. I haven't tried many others in the Miss Spa collection, I ordered some today.  The Avon one is cut like a face lift. I ordered some more from there today. I will let you know. 

@Danielle103 I haven't thought to check out masks from Avon, great idea!  I love two piece masks, mostly so I can get a better fit and can take off the bottom if I want to snack lol.  Hope you find some new fun masks on the thread!

F is for factor and foam! This mask really did have a foam like texture that adhered well to my face. Not much excess serum. Not surprised because of the material. It was hydrating and had a pleasant fresh scent. Good one. And yes, I have difficulties posting images when I use the Sephora app. 

B36691C0-7718-428B-BAEC-FD571ED29908.jpeg

โ€ƒ

8166621B-9CA2-4CDD-845F-62708561006C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Weetart ohhhh I have tried a couple from this brand,, but not this one!! Love foam!!

Photos1,724
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg