Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: โ€œFavorite Mask in Your Regular Routineโ€ - the lovely @itsfi would like to know - which mask do you buy in bulk, to always have on hand? 

Letter of the Week:  S

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi  This one sounds nice! I have yet to try a mask from this line, but they always seem to get great reviews! Have you tried any others?

@Shosh85, I have the other masks from this line but havenโ€™t tried them yet. Thereโ€™s a brightening on (peach and lime), a hydrating one (coconut and rose water) and one based on grains for pores (adlay and black beans). Please donโ€™t hesitate to let me know if youโ€™re interested in one of these. Iโ€™ll test it out before the others and tag you on the post. Iโ€™m far enough into my masks that I donโ€™t have any major issues with any of them expiring anytime soon, and I donโ€™t have any schedule for using up the masks I have. 

@itsfi I remember liking a couple of these! I think only one was too heavily scented for me,, but I'd still use it

@lmaster, youโ€™re the one who set me on these masks. Thank you. I thought there was one that was more heavily scented than the others. Iโ€™ll keep that in mind. 

@itsfi  Love those ingredients. I'll definitely need to seek this one out. And I love your little educational segment. Tomato classification is a frequent topic of debate with my kids...haha. Apparently the US Supreme Court ruled it to be a vegetable long ago (some tax type of thing). And the USDA sticks it in the veggie group as well. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@PrettyPaint, ahhh, good intel on the tomato! ๐Ÿ… Iโ€™m tucking that knowledge into my noggin ๐Ÿง  to pull out one day, maybe while at a meal that includes tomatoes. That would be so fun and the reactions on peopleโ€™s face would be funny. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Iโ€™ll have to look up what that โ€œtomato as a vegetableโ€ tax was all about. ๐Ÿ˜† Love that your kids are into tomato classification! โ™ฅ๏ธ

V is for Vegan. Today I remembered to include both my morning and evening masks in a post. I picked two Huangjisoo masks. In the morning I used the Red Fruits Brightening, and in the evening I used the Broccoli Plumping. As with all sheet masks Iโ€™ve used from this brand it smells a bit ugh, reminds me of the smell of a herbal medicine shop. Nasty but effective. My skin really looks great after using these. I am totally a fan of the line, mask is juicy and I have enough extra and it can stay on for eons before I remove it. Sad thing is, these are my last two. Gotta get some more once I put a bigger dent in my sheet mask drawer. I have one drawer and I do not allow myself to have more than can fit in it. And my last Missha haul filled up a lot of the empty spots.

654B455E-E887-42A3-9F70-B20DBA32D810.jpeg

โ€ƒ

FB780045-5CEF-4FA1-8B98-9DAA6145B586.jpeg

โ€ƒ

E644DB4D-EB68-454A-A376-E03C66F79927.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@eshoe @Shosh85 Okay. Itโ€™s one drawer for sheet masks. I have little sock holders I got from amazon I put in them to hold them up. I have two little crates for eye masks.. one for heated (I use one nightly) and the other just, other eye masks. Then in the bathroom I have an undersink set of drawers dedicated to wash offs. And I have my night mask (face and lip) in my bedside stand drawer. So itโ€™s not allll in one drawer.

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

@Weetart hey at least you know where to find everything! It sounds like you have a good system in place๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@Weetart  Nice! Love the organization! I just downsized from 3 drawers of masks to 2, so I'm getting there ๐Ÿ˜‚ I love that you have a spot just for the heated eye masks - those are definitely great to have on hand! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Weetart These sound so great - minus the scent! I've only tried one mask from this line, but really enjoyed it as well.

Good for you for keeping to your one drawer rule! Definitely seems like a great system ... and eventually I'll get myself there ๐Ÿ˜‚

These sound great @Weetart , I recognize the packaging so I may have one from the line somewhere.  I'll have to take a look. 

Glad to hear these work so well for you, @Weetart! And I commend your restraint on sticking to the one-drawer rule. 

F is for Firms. Iโ€™m stretching it for this one. I had a sample of Purlisseโ€™s Watermelon Energizing Marshmallow Peel Off Mask. โ€œPurifies pores, brightens skin, visibly forms and tightenโ€. If you love watermelon products and havenโ€™t tried any of Purlisseโ€™s watermelon line. I strongly suggest it. Super yummy. Their moisturizer is great! But this mask, itโ€™s a decent light peel off, of that makes any sense. I would say itโ€™s perfect for those who find the more grippy peel offs too intense. Iโ€™m more of a super grippy peel off mask person. But my face was soft and brighter after using this. The smell is amazing. I have no idea about the marshmallow part of the name. Absolutely no clue. Itโ€™s worth trying and I recommend to those looking for more delicate peel off mask. 

F94A94B8-B186-405C-963F-19AEA2229043.jpeg

โ€ƒ

E155D357-E160-45F9-8972-7E4ADE84A383.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Weetart  you had me at watermelon!

I have not tried the sheet mask! Didn't even know they had one.... I'll have to look into it. @itsfi @Shosh85 

The Purlisse watermelon sheet mask is a love for me @Weetart; I'll have to look into this one. ๐Ÿ‰

@Weetart  I haven't tried this one, but I do love the sheet mask! I wonder if they have the same scent, because the sheet mask smelled delicious too! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‰ Glad you've been enjoying it! 

@Weetart same @eshoe ever since I used that lace peel off mask,,, I've been done with those kinds,,, but this one sounds better!

โ€˜Peel-offโ€™ always scares me, @Weetart - but you say this is a gentle one? Iโ€™ve tried the cleanser from this line and agree with you in the scent. I will keep my eye out for this one, might be fun to try:)

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

S is for soothing

VT Cica Daily Soothing Mask.jpeg

Spoiler
What I Like
The material of the VT Cica Daily Soothing Mask is quite nice - it's a nude seal fabric, same as the Merbliss Intense Hydration mask I posted on previously.  There's a good amount of essence in these sheets, more so than I've seen in some daily sheet mask packs. There are also some good skincare ingredients in the essence - extracts of centella asiatica, honey, propolis and royal jelly, along with sodium hyaluronate and pathenol, to name a few.  These masks can be left on for 10-20 minutes (per the instructions) without it drying out and I find that amount of time to hydrate my skin nicely. It's not as hydrated as if I used an individual sheet mask, but I didn't expect it to. I was pleasantly surprised that it gave me more hydration than I thought it would. I also love the mini tongs that come with these sheet masks as well! These VT sheet masks claim to soothe the skin and I feel like it did, to some extent, at least. My skin wasn't super irritated to begin with when I used these. A couple blemishes looked less angry, always a plus. 

What's also a plus is that this mask pack contains, wait for it . . . 

30 sheet masks!!!

LOL! Not 20. Or 32. Or 36. Thirty. So there are actual months where this mask pack will be perfect for daily masking. Hahaha! Tagging @Shosh85 @lmaster, I wasn't sure I would come across a mask pack that had 30 or 31 sheet masks, but here we go. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Area(s) for Improvement
The packaging has its pros and cons. I would like to see a better way to close/seal the inside "door" to the sheet masks. It's easy to tear off completely, which is what I did the first time I used a daily sheet mask pack with this type of design (it was from A'Pieu). I learned my lesson and made sure not to tear off the inner lid completely. Still, though, some of the essence ended spilling out when the box fell from the sink counter, which means these are not safe for travel (but then again, I don't have any travel plans for the time I intend to use these sheet masks). Good news though, the two-lid system prevented any sheets from touching the floor - it landed on a closed lid so everything was intact, save the essence that seeped out. Could've been worse, but this is one of the areas with this mask pack can could benefit the most from a redesign. This isn't a deal breaker.

Would I repurchase?
I'd like to go through the entire box before committing to anything, but I'm definitely leaning towards this being a repurchase. I'll try to remember to post about these sheet masks again when V is the letter of the week. If all goes accordingly to plan, I'll pretty much have gone through this mask pack by then so the timing should work out very nicely.

Ingredients (from yesstyle (dot) com) :
Spoiler
Purified Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Propanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Trehalose, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Centella Asiatica Extract, Madecassoside, Madecassic Acid, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid, Propolis Extract, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Butylene Glycol, Honey Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Matricaria Flower Extract, Fructan, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Glucose, Glycine, Serine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Leucine, Alanine, Lysine, Arginine, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Proline, Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Methionine, Cysteine, Fragrance

Photos1,704
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg