Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: The Best Deal vs. The Beat Money Can Buy πŸ’Έ

Letter of the Week:  N

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

That looks like a foot mask @itsfi πŸ˜† did it smell good?

It does look like a foot mask @lmaster! πŸ˜† The smell was fine just very very faint and not long lasting. I had to put my nose right up to it to pick up what subtle scent I did, and then it was gone. 

well this is interesting @itsfi .  Did you use the mask post wash or pre wash?  I always think I like the idea of these masks, but find that I end up grabbing the tubs of thick conditioner like masks instead.  Maybe I need to pick a month to concentrate on the cap versions. Super cool of the company to send this along with the replacements. 

@missjeanie, the directions say to wash with shampoo and then use the hair mask which I find is a pain in the patoots from a practical standpoint. πŸ˜© I ended up jumping in the shower to shampoo my hair, what with having gotten sauce all in my hair and on me - yaaaay me! After towel drying my hair, I used the hair cap and then rinsed it out of my hair. 

It was super generous and thoughtful of them. Excellent customer service.

I'm with you on the pain in the patoots here @itsfi .  I always prefer to just leave the mask in while I'm finishing my shower.  

@itsfi  I was curious about these! The cap shape is quite interesting! The second photo looks like a foot mask bootie πŸ€” My head is pretty big and bulbous so it probably wouldn't work for me either πŸ˜‚

What did it smell like? 

@Shosh85, β€œbulbous” is a great descriptor for the cap! πŸ‘πŸΌ The scent was suuuuper subtle, along the lines of the skin on grapes πŸ‡, maybe. It’s not a full on sweet, grape scent at all, and is very fleeting. I was trying to see if I could pick up an apple 🍎 scent, but nope.

I like the idea of the cap.πŸ€” I always have a hard time using hair masks because I would want to use it in the shower....may have to use just a regular cap dedicated to my hair masks. Have to admit, feel a bit dumb not thinking of it before🀦 @itsfi happy to hear about the good results though. And grapes are delicious! Would've happened at my house tooπŸ‡

@sonnydee, I highly recommend having a shower cap just for hair masks. πŸ‘πŸΌ  It took me a while to think of it but it really comes in handy. It doesn’t have to be a fancy one either. I use the plastic ones that I can just rinse out after using a mask. The complementary shower caps that are in hotels work too.

Ohhhh good idea about the plastic hotels ones. I do have the cheap ones lying around since teeni likes having her hair colored crazy. @itsfi I don't know bout you but I take everything from hotels when I stay. Within reason of courseπŸ˜‰ but I did go to HS with a girl when we were at state competition, fell head over heels with the down comforter & she took it home with her. 🏩

@sonnydee, I used to take pretty much all the complimentary toiletry items from hotels. I wouldn't use the shampoo/conditioner or lotion during my stay (unless I forgot to bring my own and there wasn't a drugstore nearby or the hotel gift shop was closed), particularly when my stay at the hotel was work-related and I was there with other coworkers - my not using these items was because I didn't want to smell like everyone else. Hahaha! I know, I know - who thinks like that?! Well, clearly younger me did! LOL. Truth be told, I probably still feel the same way. Ha! In the last 5 or 6 years though, I've become very selective of which of the toiletries I take, in large part because I had accumulated so many DS and foils that I wanted to use up. I will take the mini sewing kit (comes in handy) and the shower cap; and, if there was a product or brand I liked. 

Hubs usually use them when he goes out of town. @itsfi it saves him from having to use mine. πŸ˜‰

hahaha gif.gif

Oh my goodness! My tummy and cheeks hurt from laughing @sonnydee! I'm still laughing. It's too much!

She took the comforter?!!! Noooooo!!! I'm assuming they charged her for it, yes?

I have no idea. It was our senior year, 3 months away from graduation. But we were there for school -public high school -so whoever reserved/paid for the rooms. But yeah she rolled it up and stuffed it in her pillowcase I think? walked out with it. @itsfi 

F is for factor and foam! This mask really did have a foam like texture that adhered well to my face. Not much excess serum. Not surprised because of the material. It was hydrating and had a pleasant fresh scent. Good one. And yes, I have difficulties posting images when I use the Sephora app. 

B36691C0-7718-428B-BAEC-FD571ED29908.jpeg

 

8166621B-9CA2-4CDD-845F-62708561006C.jpeg

 

@Weetart ohhhh I have tried a couple from this brand,, but not this one!! Love foam!!

oh a foam mask sounds like fun @Weetart . I seem to have so many issues on the app too.  I keep deleting and reinstalling thinking I'll like it better. 

@Weetart  Foam masks are fun and this one definitely sounds nice! Glad you enjoyed it! 

Okay I ordered masks from Missha that day brought up  the sale and they arrived already! @lmaster 

image.jpg

 

The tomato and broccoli masks are lovely, and so soft @Weetart!!!

What an awesome haul @Weetart !

1 Reply