Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi  Awww, that's too bad the spirulina stick mask may be discontinued. I like that one. I haven't tried the sheet mask version before, but I'll definitely put it on my list of things to try.

By the way, I've never had a spirulina bowl before. I just did a search - it looks beautiful (and yummy)!

Definitely give the spirulina sheet mask a try @PrettyPaint! My face was very happy with it. ๐Ÿ˜ 

The first time I tried spirulina was from Jamba Juice and I was not a fan. Then I tried it at an acai bowl place and that changed my tune; I like it with chia seeds. ๐Ÿ˜‹

@itsfi  I am a lover of chia seeds. I have them basically every day.

@PrettyPaint, what do you use them in? Smoothies? Yogurt? 

G is for Glycerin, an ingredient in this mask

IMG_20201110_183501085.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
Ok this mask is a completely different experience from the first one I used in the set. Automatically I smell the scent of fruity goodness, no weird chemical combined with fruit. I love that the sheet says it's banana fiber tissue, I'll have to look into that. The fit was still very similar to the others, eye holes needed snipped in the inner corner, but the sheet was adequately saturated with the yellow tinted serum. Wear time was 20 minutes, despite the 5 minute time frame on the package. After removing my skin felt very nourished and hydrated along with a bit of moisturizing. No lasting tackiness. This one is great, I would love to repurchase separately and will if they are ever available that way.IMG_20201110_183511699.jpg

โ€ƒ

Glad to hear this one turned out better @lmaster! Here's to hoping Sephora releases this one separately. 

@itsfi out of the three,, this is the only one I'd want to repurchase ๐Ÿ˜ฃ I do hope they will separate them

Fingers crossed @lmaster! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

Now I'm singing "G is for glycerin, an ingredient in this mask" to the sound of music @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜‚ Hope they sell it separately for you!

@ShortErica I do too because I used the last one yesterday,,,, and it's not for me either

Yeah, sometimes bundles make things a deal but if you only like one thing in it, then yep, not worth it. Fingers crossed Sephora listens to your request @lmaster 

Itโ€™s so odd that the scents on these masks vary so greatly, @lmaster ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Letโ€™s hope they are available separately soon!

@eshoe this one was amazing!! I agree,, I feel like I either love them or ๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ

@lmaster  That's kind of fun that the serum is tinted! I feel like they would be better off advertising these as the normal 15-20 min. masks. With the one I tried, five minutes definitely wasn't long enough for the serum to absorb. 

@PrettyPaint im with ya!! With these 5 minute masks,,,I always leave them on for my typical 15-20 minute time frame 

@lmaster  Oh, this one sounds way better than the first one! Hopefully the next one is just as good, because 2 out of 3 wouldn't be so bad! ๐Ÿ˜‰

That is exactly what I'm thinking @Shosh85 ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž

@lmaster Yours is the first review of these I've seen.  I kinda passed by them when I looked last week at masks, but... um... you sold me on this one!  I'm intrigued by the banana fibre fabric and the results sound pretty bomb. 

@missjeanie I really loved this one! I really hope they separate them and sell individually

G for Grape & Gummy 

Laneige Gummy Bear sleep mask. No pic, I forgot. Still don't know why the gummy bear? But I do love this one & im happy I picked it up. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Yeah @sonnydee, if I'm remembering correctly, I think I picked up grape more than anything as well. I appreciate that there's a lot of product in these containers, but I would be perfectly happy if there was a corresponding mini size of the Laneige lip sleeping masks. It takes a while to get through them, and I can be pretty generous with my application. Hahaha!

14 Replies
testing