Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

They are so adorable @Shosh85 gotta love em

Glad this one worked out nicely for you, @lmaster! I always like the little designs on the HK masks. 

They are really adorable!! @quspork 

This is such a cute mask @lmaster. Too bad it appears to be LE.

They are all so cute @PrettyPaint can't resist the kitty!!

P is for pink and pearl, and for @sonnydee's rainbow theme - sure, technically ROYGBIV doesn't recognize pink as a color of the rainbow, a point acknowledged by my niece, but she also told me that it should be. I see her point. lol. 

Pink 2.jpeg

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
I know I've used and posted about a few sheet masks in The Creme Shop Correct Solutions line, but I can't recall if I've posted about the pink mask in particular. It seems like the masks in TCS Correct Solutions line is being phased out as I no longer see it available directly on TCS site. Each of the various masks in this line are/were geared to a specific skin concern, or concerns, in some cases. The Creme Shop Color-Correcting Pink Sheet Mask is a pink hued thick-leaning natural eucalyptus sheet mask that contains rose water and pearl essence, targets "sallow, lackluster skin", and claims to counter "olive undertones to reveal a beautifully balanced complexion." There's an absolutely divine and fresh rose cream scent that I find beautiful, but those sensitive to fragrance will want to pass on this mask. I actually pick up a fruity scent in this as well, one that reminds me of lychees, which makes the scent on this mask stand out from other rose-scented products. If there was an actual cream or lotion with this scent, I would definitely purchase it. โค๏ธ

In terms of performance, I'd say that the mask lived up to its claims in that my skin felt nicely hydrated and my complexion looked brighter, more fresh and awake, but I'm not certain if it did so in any sort of way that set it significantly apart from other sheet masks with similar claims and ingredients. It's suited for all skin types except that those sensitive to fragrance (or another ingredient in the mask) or who don't like thicker, heavier masks may want to pass on this one. Also, those with extremely dry or very dehydrated skin might not find the hydration enough, except for perhaps the warmest part of the year. That being said, I found this mask to work nicely on my skin and it's one that I would use again if I had another of it, which I think I may. 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Betaine, Allantoin, Arginine, Sodium Hyaluronate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Pearl Extract, Hydroexthylceullulose, Carbomer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA

Lip Care:

Spoiler
KNS Beauty Supa Scrub and KNC Beauty Supa Balm are two lip care products that I've used before - the scrub is gentle enough that it can be used every day and with the cool weather looking like it's more inclined to stay moving forward, I need to be better about exfoliating my lips more regularly and I think this will be one of the primary lip scrubs I reach for through the end of the year.  The KNS Beauty Supa Scrub comes in a set with a super cute physical scrubbing product made of silicone and shaped like a pair of lips, for some extra exfoliation. I tend to use the lip scrub on its own because quite frankly, I've just been too lazy these days to reach for the physical scrubber. I know, I know, do better Fi! Work in progress, folks; work in progress. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The KNC Beauty Supa Balm has a rosy scent to it and it kinda tastes rosy to me too. It's made of moringa, cotton and kukui oils and shea butter so it glides effortlessly on the lips and keeps them feeling soft and moisturized. Sephora currently carries the brand's under eye and lip mask patches and I'd love to see the range expand to include more of their products, including the new sheet mask sets in this brand's portfolio. 

@itsfi thank you for mentioning the eye patches from KNC Beauty, I am very interested in those and will check them out!

@itsfi  The color-correcting line seems like a nice one! I haven't tried this one yet, but I have tried the Orange and Green ones and loved them! So happy to hear it's a repurchase for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi @A color correcting mask sounds really interesting ! Anything that visibly  brightens is always nice ! 

The SupaScrub and Balm combo sounds like a nice one, @itsfi. Maybe Sephora will expand their offerings from the brand soon. 

@itsfi  I haven't seen that mask around, but it looks really nice. And to my eyes, the indigo/violet transition reads a bit pinkish anyhow. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have this mask @itsfi nice to know its enjoyable. What?! Pink is not in the rainbow? Not according to my mini, teeni too. But she out grew it. ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi pink should definitely be in the rainbow!! Awesome masking

Last nights mask for Forgotten mask week. But also P for Amore Pacific 

AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque 

This is a pretty gentle, fast peel.

I think i have already killed a ds b& since these are only about half filled shouldnt be a problem to kill more. 

The smell is the typical AP. I like it, feels like a luxe spa treatment. You leave it on for only 5 min. It doesnt really dry down but remains pretty creamy. Does not tighten at all. Washing off, I did get impatient & used a cloth

1015201238_HDR.jpg

โ€ƒ

. My skin was left soft but not stripped. I'm not sure about buying a fs. I like a bit more harsher exfoliater & i think it might get pushed aside & its on the pricier side. But still does what it promises so ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

@sonnydee  I have a DS if this as well, so I'm happy to hear it worked out nicely for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I love most AP products and need to try this one out. It sounds like it worked out lovely for you, @sonnydee

@sonnydee sounds great!! 

P for pesto and pineapple:

D1BCC228-AB1A-46FA-9DA9-7E40B3387190.jpeg

Spoiler
The Pangea Facial Mask is like a salad for your face. Itโ€™s not the prettiest, and after going back and forth between kale and basil, Iโ€™ve determined the scent to border on pesto. It has a literal smorgasbord of edible ingredients including basil, matcha tea, kombu, and goji. 
09A746F8-097A-471C-B078-95E0BF451E59.jpeg

I wanted to add antenna and a little smiley face to this, but refrained. It is slightly greener than this photo would suggest, and the little exfoliating bits are soft, not at all harsh. It almost dries down after 15-20 minutes, but doesnโ€™t make my skin feel tight. Itโ€™s a bit messy to wash off, but leaves my skin a little brighter, and maybe even a bit more smoothed in appearance. Iโ€™ve used it a few times and find it both weird and enjoyableโ˜บ๏ธ

Ingredients
Spoiler
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Purified Water (Aqua), Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Alcohol (SDA 38B Lavender)*, Kaolin (French White Clay), Bentonite (Green Clay), Gigartina Papillata (Seaweed) Powder, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Powder, Camellia Sinensis (Matcha Tea) Leaf Powder, Sea Vegetable Powder (Alaria Marginata (Wakame), Laminaria Setchellii (Kombu) Powder), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Lecithin*, Chondrus Cripus (Irish Moss) Powder, Ethylhexyl Palmitate (RSPO Palm Kernel Oil), Saccharum Officinarum (Cane Sugar)*, Citrus Reticulata (Green Mandarin) Peel Oil, Myrtus Communis (Myrtle) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender Maillette) Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (High Oleic Sunflower Seed) Oil*, Xanthan Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Extract*, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract*, Ilex Paraguariensis (Yerba Mate) Leaf Extract*, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract*, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata (Kelp) Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract. *Organic Ingredients. This product is vegan and gluten-free.
The Aโ€™Pieu Icing Sweet Bar in Pineapple is a repeat and will be until it is discontinued. It has the most deliciously-sweet pineapple scent, ample serum (very drippy, but in a good way!) and leaves my skin happy and just a little bit plumped. No residual tack, either! Love this one and every other Icing Sweet Bar mask for the fun and fruity scents and ease of use.

@eshoe  Hmmm, a pesto scent sounds interesting! It's definitely not the prettiest looking mask, but I'm glad to hear you got some nice results!

Love that A'pieu line! They all have great results, though I wasn't a fan of the scent on the Hanrabong one - it's the only one I would not repurchase. Happy to hear you're enjoying them! ๐Ÿ

I didnโ€™t mind the hanrabong one so much, @Shosh85, but the pineapple one has one of the best scents of any mask Iโ€™ve tried!

A salad for your face ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Aside from the odd look, it does sound like the Pangea is a nice mask, @eshoe!

testing