Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@sonnydee  Thanks for the great review! Good to know peace out is a better bang for my buck!

Definitely @ather ๐Ÿค—

@sonnydee  Oh, I remember being confused about the swab thing. I think I also got a free sample from ulta and was trying to figure out what the swab thing meant.

I think they must've overlooked adding a swab to the sample @PrettyPaint mine didn't have 1 either & it left me scratching my head too ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿ˜œ

@sonnydee pretty sure this is the most intricate packing I've seen for a pimple patch. Seems no matter what I try, the heavy hitter still remains Kate Somerville EradiKate 1 oz/ 30 mL

I'm happy to hear that you found something that works @eshoe it's always a good feeling. That one was a different one too ๐Ÿค” but sadly, did not a thing for me.

@sonnydee  These sound nice! Glad to hear it helped! I definitely agree though, it's hard to beat the Peace Out ones! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

That's a pretty cool looking pimple dot @sonnydee 

Sounds interesting @sonnydee @but agreed itโ€™s hard to beat the peace out ones 

I keep meaning to post these....

I can't totally remember why I chose this one for this week's theme. I think perhaps because it was going to expire this month maybe?  The 23 years Cocoon Gold Silky Mask. It was pretty comfortable to wear and refreshing. I'm not really sure why it's called cocoon (I sure hope it's not an ingredient, but I couldn't read the ingredients on the back). From what I recall, it smelled a bit minty.

1.jpg

Here's a P mask: Pacifica Leave Pretty Anti-Puff Eye Patches. I think they actually did visibly depuff my eyes, but I actually couldn't wear them the whole time because my eyes started to feel slightly tingly/itchy. My eyes have been really sensitive lately, though. They were cute and my kids were amused (and kept asking why I had leaves on my face). 

3.jpg

Lastly, I have used this at least two times this week: Ole Henriksen Phat Glow Facial. I learned about it here, and I really like it. It leaves my skin feeling nice and smooth and has helped clear up some blemishes. 

2.jpg

@PrettyPaint, I know this is the mask thread but your nails!!!! So fun! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ–ค Those Pacifica under eye gels are cute; itโ€™s too bad that they caused some tingling. The OH cleared up some blemishes???!!! Very interesting .... Iโ€™m adding this one to my list of things to research. ๐Ÿ“ 

@itsfi  If you research it, let me know your opinion on the ingredients. It seems pretty gentle. I've been getting some blemishes on my chin (I assume it may be from wearing masks - for covid, not skincare). 

@PrettyPaint  Iโ€™m glad the Ole is working for you. I definitely need to add to my try list! 

Thanks so much @ather. I didn't realize that it was quite so pricey - I think I actually got it in a boxycharm box I'm realizing. 

@PrettyPaint that GREEN on your nails is so, so pretty! I've been curious about the OH, sounds like one to try for sure. I keep waiting for a DS, I likely missed it but hopefully there will be a holiday set. The fact that you use it weekly gives me hope that it would be gentle enough for dry and dehydrated skin:)

Awww thanks @eshoe. I would never had tried the PHAT Glow had I not learned about it here (I think just because the name seemed silly). It seems gentle enough, but I am careful not to get it anywhere near my eyes.

@PrettyPaint love your nails!! I bet your kids got a good laugh at the leaves ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks so much! @lmaster. Yeah, my kids were pretty confused at first, but they always enjoy the fun, colorful masks! 

@PrettyPaint  The masks in this line that have the word "cocoon" in the title have "Silkworm Cocoon Extract" in the ingredients. The very first mask I ever tried was the "Cocoon Willow Silky Mask" and it had no mouth hole - I was super confused ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ถ

The Phat Glow Facial sounds great! I've been seeing a lot of positive reviews for that one! Glad to hear it works great for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

PS: I LOVE your nails! ๐Ÿ˜

@Shosh85  Haha! Oh, my goodness - I remember you posting about the mask with no mouth hole. I truly don't think I could handle that. I don't know a whole lot about silkworm cocoon extract. I briefly tried looking up how it's harvested, and I guess it's maybe similar to to silk production? Not really sure. And thanks about the nails - I felt like doing a Halloween-type look.

@PrettyPaint @How cute are those eye patches! Sorry to hear you were allergic to them 

1 Reply
testing