Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@Kim888  That banana mask really does smell so good! Happy to hear you enjoyed it! ๐ŸŒ

Doesn't the Banana mask smell amazing, @Kim888? This is such a nice one to have on hand. 

From Monday? Sometime earlier...

1007202144a.jpg

โ€ƒFrom MOTM

Fit? Ok, lil extra in the temple area. Usual extra in the chin area

Smell?subdued tea tree 

Consistency?clear, had extra in pouch

Ease of use?no issues. I think I even did the dishes with this lil guy on. 

Would I  purchase/try again? Yes. I enjoyed this mask. Bravo! For the person who put it in there. 

And Tonights.

Do I really need to tell the theme? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฏ

Loves all around. Even though HLavenderโ€ƒ has alcohol, I'll overlook it for all the juicy  goodness it brings me!

It was one of the first I've tried & now, I have a stash no more full price for me!

Really enjoying the Laneige to me it smells like the children's chewable grape Tylenol tabs. I used to take them myself. I was soooo bad about swallowing pills. Still have to trick myself but getting better. Adulting. Ha!

1007202144.jpg

@sonnydee, I keep meaning to give TCS honey lavender mask a go; good reminder, thank you!!! "No more full price for me." So hear you on that! โค๏ธ

It was a-me ShortErica! Hahaha. I jotted down that you like tea tree and my nose just can't handle it so I thought someone might enjoy it more in the Masks on the Move box. Glad you enjoyed it @sonnydee!

Ugghhh I guess I'm used to the smell. My mom uses it for everything. But it is good for calming blemishes. Thank you for thinking of me & including it. ๐Ÿค— @ShortErica 

As you saw, my mom brain gets me a lot of the time but when I take notes, they come in handy @sonnydee ๐Ÿ˜€

Notes & lists! On your phone & on paper. @ShortErica I still forget why I walk into a room though๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œ

@sonnydee  Adulting can be so hard sometimes, huh?! ๐Ÿ˜‚ The chewable/gummy vitamins are my favorite! (I get the ones made for adults, of course ๐Ÿ˜†)
Glad to hear both of these were winners for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes, chewables are life savers. I did get the Flintstones vitamins during my first trimester with both boys. {The girls didnt really give me any sickness} Any other swallowable prenatal vitamin would gag then...you know..defeat the whole purpose of vitamins @Shosh85 

@sonnydee you are too funny!! I'm loving the laneige too! 

Thanks @lmaster most of the time i write my mask reviews while I'm laying in bed, waiting for the this works! Sleep spray to soothe me off to sleep. So if anything ever doesnt make sense. Just ignore it & move on๐Ÿ˜œ you say funny. I say rambling on..

Catch up part 1: M & N / BIC made you do it! week

I finished the week before with a Mediheal meant for Glow and then continued on the Mediheal train. I'll repeat that the Mediheal A: PE mask sent to me in unicorn mail by the lovely @eshoe was the mask that won me over and then the sheet mask addiction started. Haha!

I took this Mediheal from a Masks of the Moves box

20200921_104114.jpg20200921_104123.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200921_114707.jpg
I know it has been shared before but I'll share it again cause I still chuckle
Spoiler
20200921_104132.jpg
This had an interesting smell, maybe a bit of package like scent. The fit was similar to other (I.P.I Ampoule Line Friends) - short on forehead but good overall. I did a 30 minute wear then placed it on my neck. It was dripping out of the package and there is a nice amount of extra serum to use (we'll get to that later). I had no tack and my skin looked nice and even. It lived up to its moisturizing claim (though I still put on moisturizer after) but not sure about the pore claims. I think I would need to use over time to give that a fair chance. A-

And to kinda duel with that one I did a different N.M.F. that I got off Amazon in a multi-version kit. Of course it isn't available anymore but these masks had a stellar price on them

20200922_090323.jpg20200922_090329.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200922_104931.jpg
It was wider than the other Mediheal NMF, you should be able to tell easily with the picture. I was surprised by the quite different ingredient lists. It also touched my hairline which was slightly annoying but the philtrum was a better size though. It didn't have a prominent scent. In the package, I could sniff a combo of light floral + earthy. Wore 30 minutes I think (I don't have notes but that's what I tend to do if I can). I'm not sure that it firmed but my lines seemed a bit improved and for that I'll also give it an A-.

The first time I used it I graded it an A though I liked the Vita Lightbeam one better. I noted a floral scent then that apparently I couldn't smell as much this time. Hmm.. Always interested how retrying masks are so I figured I'd share.

Had I reviewed sooner, I think I'd have more to say but I wanted to just share the two ingredient lists in case anyone had opinions on why they were different when they are both Natural Moisturizing Factor masks. Even the "goals" on the masks seemed not in line.

Spoiler
Line Friends versionLine Friends versionOther oneOther one

Back to even more Mediheal masks! So another from the multi-version pack was W.H.P. White Hydrating. I don't know what is in it, I should look at ingredients but the black material face masks tend to get along so well with my skin

20200924_132923.jpg20200924_132928.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
20200924_133208.jpg
I'll repeat this too, I'm not sure if it is because of the color but even the same shape masks seem to fit a bit better when it is in a black material. I appreciate it whatever the reason. I wore the mask 30 minutes. It did have kind of a slight brown paper bag type of scent. Something about these masks always masks my skin look quite nice and I appreciated the evenness and whatever else it was giving my skin. I didn't have tack with this either. A-

I gave this one an A- last time but man, my notes are cracking me up "no scent out of package but when sniffed the package got an odd farm with a hint of floral scent" "No tack, helped with redness and fine lines, some sort of sensation when out of tub." I'm wondering if I felt cooling or heat but it did give good results both times so that's a win.

Also from the Mediheal pack was a Collagen mask which is the one from the pack I hadn't tried until now

20200926_225433.jpg20200926_225443.jpg

Spoiler
My face
Spoiler
bare shoulders is not a good look for mebare shoulders is not a good look for me
This had a solid fit. There was a clean type of scent like laundry. Again, I think I did a 30 minute wear. It doesn't plump as much as wanted but skin looked even, and maybe firmed a bit. The not confident results make me sway between A- and B+. I did appreciate with the Mediheal imprint on all of these that I *know* which way to place the mask. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Off to dinner then I've got to catch up some more and read what I've missed!

@ShortErica  Sounds like a good batch! Hmmm, I don't have any insight but it is pretty interesting how different the ingredients lists are on the NMF masks! I also never noticed that the Line Friends mask has Swiflet Nest Extract! 

How did I overlook that @Shosh85!? I swear I thought I did a good job reading all of the lists to compare those two but missed it. That's a good one to point out since some maskers will want to avoid it.

@ShortErica these all look awesome!! 

Yeah, I'm glad I got to do most of them twice because it lets me see if my opinions were the same or switched up @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜Š

A quartet, @ShortErica-some good skin love right there๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Though yes...the longer you mask, the less tolerant you can become of that ubiquitous โ€˜laundryโ€™ scent. Still, considering that, these are some solid masks for everyday:)

Definitely an enjoyable week of masking @eshoe!

O is for The Orchid Skin

Orchid (2).jpeg

Spoiler
Details: The Orchid Skin Hyaluronic Acid Mask is a soft, ultra thin "nude-cell" sheet mask saturated in a clear, lightweight watery essence that smells pleasantly of a blend of a light, slightly sweet lotion and a fresh, subtle fruity-floral scent that reminds me of pomelo.

What I Liked:
  • Adherence is superb - it literally feels like you are not wearing anything - love it! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Fit wasnโ€™t so bad; too large all around the perimeter of my face except the forehead area. The holes for the eyes and mouth were extra large too which were fine by me as I didnโ€™t have to make any adjustments except for the perimeter.
  • Results were outstanding - just the teensiest bit of tack to the touch after 30 minutes of wear and my skin looked and felt hydrated, plump and dewy. โค๏ธ

Area(s) for Improvement: If Iโ€™m being very picky, there could be more material for the area above the lip - itโ€™s a very thin strip that barely covers half of the length of the philtrum. Also, thereโ€™s added fragrance but as that is the last ingredient listed, itโ€™s not a significant issue for me personally.

Would I Repurchase?: In a heartbeat. ๐Ÿ’–

I love how simple yet elegant your photo is!! @itsfi sounds like a beautiful mask

testing