Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@cianni   It's great to see you around! I am so sorry to hear your news! I hope you and the people close to you get better soon!

I'm happy to hear you're liking the mask stick! I definitely agree it would've been better with a yummy watermelon scent, but I love that it's perfect for travel! ๐Ÿ‰

@cianni @Sorry you havenโ€™t been feeling well but glad to hear you were up for some masking! Iโ€™m always a little skeptical of stock masks but they are nice for not making a mess!

Welcome back, @cianni! I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing more personally with Covid. I hope you and your loved ones are on the road to recovery. 

Switching gears, the Milk mask does seem like it would be a good option for travel. That's a great idea!

N is for Naruko and a throwback to @sonnydee's rainbow theme challenge a couple of week's ago with an indigo theme for this masking sesh, as the sheet mask, like the Tatcha body butter, contains Japanese indigo (Polygonum Tinctorium Leaf/Stem Extract). 
Indigo.jpeg
Spoiler
Naruko is a Taiwainese skincare brand and produces a handful of sheet masks that I love. This soft, medium thick cotton Naruko Raw Job's Tears Supercritical CO2 Pore Minimizing and Brightening Mask is packed with a clear, lightweight essence that holds a faint scent that reminds me of .... maybe rice, or possibly barley, and claims to hydrate and brighten skin while reducing pore size. Looking at the inci list, I can see how the mask would be hydrating (i.e., snow fungus extract and two forms of hyaluronic acid (sodium PCA, sodium hyaluronate and hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid) as well as brightening (i.e., Job's Tears, vitamin C derivatives). I'm not sure about the pore shrinking claims, but there are quite a few soothing ingredients in this mask (i.e., allantoin, extracts of oat) as well as ingredients known to help with cell regeneration (i.e., ellagic acid, pea extract). 

Adherence with this mask is great and fit is what I expect from most sheet masks and, with a few adjustments here and there, it fit my face shape and features better. I wore the mask for my usual half hour though there was plenty of essence still left that I probably could have left it on for another 15-20 minutes without it drying out. After my skin fully absorbed all the essence, my skin felt soft, smooth, and bouncy and my complexion looked hydrated and brightened. This is an oft repeated purchase for me and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. โค๏ธ

What are your thoughts on the Tatcha body butter,,, that I didn't know existed?? Lol @itsfi 

@lmaster, I like the Tatcha body butter; itโ€™s good for dryness. Itโ€™s rich but glides on easily and absorbs nicely. It has a clean-ish scent that I think smells nice, relaxing and uplifting; it doesnโ€™t linger so it doesnโ€™t compete with any perfume I might wear.  I thought I read that itโ€™s being discontinued (boo!) though there are travel sizes still available direct from Tatcha - in a different color container. I have an old version. 

Oh good to know! @itsfi 

@itsfi  I think you made a perfect pair! And I love your picture!

Awww, thank you @ather! ๐Ÿค— Very kind of you to say. After masking I realized that I forgot to use the Mahalo indigo balm as a lip balm. Oh well, next time. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi  I was thinking indigo would be a hard color theme, but of course, you found the most perfect product to fit right in - not only is it indigo, but it even says it right on the front! ๐Ÿ˜‚

The Naruko mask sounds wonderful- love those results! This is another line of masks I'd like to eventually try. So happy it was a winner for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The Naruko sounds very enjoyable, @itsfi. If I remember, Jobโ€™s Tears are an ingredient in another one of their masks that you tried ๐Ÿค” I could be wrong, though-itโ€™s just such an unusual ingredient that doesnโ€™t seem to come up often. That Tatcha is such a special treat!

It was probably the same Jobโ€™s Tears mask @eshoe

Sephora collections week theme

IMG_20200928_203720435.jpg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
I really enjoy this version, the white sheet is highly saturated so that makes it more flexible and adheres better than the other two I've tried that seemed like they barely had any serum holding in the sheet. Scent was lemon/citrus wear time was 20 minutes, nicely hydrated and moisturized plump and felt great! Definitely a repurchase,, no notable tackiness that lasted 

Happy to hear this one worked well for you @lmaster. I have this one too but havenโ€™t pulled it out yet. Good to know what to expect. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I think you will enjoy this one @itsfi ๐Ÿคž

@lmaster  So happy to hear you enjoyed this one! I have this and Matcha Tea on my list to order during the sale, since I seems like they have gotten the most positive reviews! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85 yep I love both of those,, I think some I've tried,,, the serum was not saturating the sheet and it gave me a not so great experience,, I'm curious if it's certain ingredients that's not allowing the serum to deeply penetrate the sheet or if it was some other reason

@lmaster  Sounds like this would be a nice hydrating one for the cooler weather! 

@PrettyPaint I really love this one,, it's a keeper ๐Ÿ˜†

This one sounds like one to try, @lmaster! Do you have any left of the clean version masks to try?

I'm pretty sure I've tried all the smaller clean sheets, I have a hemp one that I need to try still @eshoe 

Photos1,724
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg