Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

Layering masks, that sounds like a thirst-quencher for the skin @itsfi! I tried a brief search but of course now the results are about the right filters to use for PPEโ€™s. Not quite what I am looking for๐Ÿ˜†

Ohhh @eshoe, this "new normal" is also affecting our online search results. Try the following searches: 

• "Eminence" and "You Need to Know About Double Masking"; or 
  • "Refinery29" and "Double-Masking Is The New Double-Cleansing"

This should weed out results for PPE filters. ๐Ÿ˜‰

42D4DC00-A9E3-4A57-B945-5EE4208A405C.gif

โ€ƒ@itsfi โ˜บ๏ธ

Oh, that foil mask looks amazing, @itsfi!! Can't wait to see the rest of your Rainbow week masks!

Thank you @haleyvvvv! ๐Ÿค— This is one of the prettiest foil masks Iโ€™ve used. The red is just so bright and beautiful.

I am trying to stay within my โ€œpre-2020 purchased masksโ€ and already open masks to do the rainbow week theme, so itโ€™s been interesting, but fun, to see what combinations I can come up with. 

Um, how have pink and sparkle not already been added the official ROYGBIV list?! Your niece is 100% correct about those additions, @itsfi!

Right, @quspork?!! ๐Ÿค— Pink and sparkle deserve to have their place in the rainbow. I let my niece know you agree with her thoughts on the rainbow. Her marker set doesnโ€™t have a โ€œsparkleโ€ color so Iโ€™ve had to improvise when drawing rainbows with her. 

@itsfi Haha! I agree with your niece- pink and sparkle definitely should be a new addition! I like how she thinks! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚ SO adorable!

I have that Yadah mask too and don't have the heart to use it yet because my 4 year old loves it so much! Haha! Apparently the packaging is just so pretty to him! (he also loves all the Peripera smoothie masks for the same reason ๐Ÿ˜‚) Glad to see the mask itself is just as pretty as the packaging.... and even better that the results turned out great!

That Cherry mask sounds delicious! So happy to hear you're loving it! ๐Ÿ’ I just ordered a few samples and this is one of them - can't wait to try it out! I can definitely see a full-size purchase of something from this brand in the near future! 

Oooh, excited to see what Eminence goodies you picked up @Shosh85! Iโ€™ve really been enjoying their products. โ™ฅ๏ธ 

Love that your 4 year old appreciate the packaging so much on this one and the Peripera smoothie masks. The colors are pretty so itโ€™s hard to argue with that. 

That is such a beautiful foil mask @itsfi 

@lmaster, the red is just really so stunning! Every time I use this foil mask, I find myself thinking I need a pair of shoes and a dress in this shade of red. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I, of course, need neither, but it doesn't stop me from thinking I do whenever I take out this mask. ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi 

Ruby-Slippers.jpg

โ€ƒruby slippers ๐Ÿ˜

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Super quick and abbreviated masking recap:)

298C94A8-824D-4825-903F-D86FF3D19D7B.jpeg

Spoiler
This was from G week, love the Volition Beauty Detoxifying Silt Gelee Mask. The Shu Uemera is a near dupe for the fresh Rose Face Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL. the only difference I noted was the addition of AD to the Shu, which....why?  Still, lovely, and thankful to have a hydrating gel mask back in my rotation.
CDF15032-63DA-4862-B67F-9DF2C359F153.jpeg

Sakura Rose Petal Mask. Texture, scent, consistency matches the fresh almost perfectly. A bit of a surprise but I will take it!

The Crรฉme Shop Gudetama mask was the right fit for the evening; simple
and no fuss, no crazy scent, easy fit. A little tack, but my skin was happy and my routine has been lax so it was a well-perfect fit;)

Last night I tried the Leaders Juicy Mojito.

E34424C9-0FD1-4AC8-84C0-FAC905691726.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
I have only tried one Mojito, and it was not the best tasting. This mask, however, stole my ๐Ÿ’—. The scent is a true lime with a fresh bite, which I am guessing is the peppermint. Sandwiched between two protective layers, it sat well on my skin and was easily maneuvered where it didnโ€™t. I might enjoy this even more than the Piรฑa Colada version, as the scent was so fresh and unique. I emptied the extra maybe .3-.5 oz remaining serum across my forehead and cheeks. Love, love, love. Hope to find more of these before they enter the sheet mask graveyard ๐Ÿ‘ป

Nice to know what to look forward to with the Shu mask @eshoe. Iโ€™ve been good about not opening more masks until getting through all or most of the partially used ones. Ahhh, another wonderful Leaders mask! A mojito sounds refreshing right now. Well, maybe a mojito sorbet to be exact. Thereโ€™s a store in the city that would have lines out the door during the warmer months when they carried that flavor. I imagine the same rings true even now, though with people spaced out in line to keep socially distanced.

That store you mention sounds soooo welcome right now, @itsfi, so soothing! I think you have been having some unbearable highs, must be a tough summer. Wishing you some cooler weather โ˜”๏ธ๐Ÿ’งโ˜ƒ๏ธ

I think this mask could be called a Margarita-scent as well. There are a few Leaders biocell masks left in my drawer, and I treasure them. Iโ€™m also very happy that I took the plunge on the Sakura, I needed something like that in my routine, it kind of feels like a safety-net mask. Maybe because the fresh was one of the first masks I fell in love with๐ŸŒน 

This looks like a great masking lineup, @eshoe! The mojito mask sounds really nice!

I wish I had a backup or two of the Mojito, @quspork. It was a really enjoyable mask all-around!

@eshoe  Yum! That Mojito mask has been on my list forever! I loved the Pina Colada one too, so I'm not surprised this one turned out great! ๐Ÿ˜‹

@Shosh85 I was a little uncertain whether or not I would like it, but it was so refreshing! The Piรฑa Colada is sweeter, I still have one left that I am holding onto for a special day:)

@eshoe love your changes to the thread ๐Ÿค— the Shu does look darn exact to the fresh mask,,, and the lime mask sounds awesome

I guess Iโ€™ve been secretly planning to restock my fresh, @lmaster and this just solved that problem for me๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you for the feedback, I am not on here as much anymore but I noticed yesterday it just needed a fresh update. I am soooooooo ready for winter. It is currently 117 ๐Ÿฅต

testing