Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@ather  It's hard not to love a fruity-rainbow-hearted mask!  ๐Ÿ˜‹๐ŸŒˆ

I so want to do this one but since it has a later expiration date I'm trying to focus on other masks that are rainbow. Glad to hear it gets a good review from you @Shosh85. Maybe 2021 Rainbow week ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ˜Š

@ShortErica  I feel ya. There are so many later-date masks that I'm excited to try, but am trying really hard to save! I wouldn't normally have used this one, but it just fit the theme so well, I couldn't help myself ๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŒˆ

@Shosh85 it was the perfect pick! I'm thinking it could have been a mask meetup. Hindsight is 20/20 and all

Absolutely perfect for the theme!! @Shosh85 the packaging just makes me happy

@lmaster  It makes me happy too! It's definitely the kind of packaging that catches your attention! ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ˜

The rainbow mask! It sounds like it worked out nicely for you, @Shosh85. I love the packaging on this one- it just looks so cheerful. 

@quspork  It's definitely a cheerful mask! It's hard to frown at hearts and rainbow colors! ๐Ÿ˜

This one sounds great @Shosh85! I like that the scent leans more towards blueberry, too! ๐Ÿ˜ I'm looking forward to using this mask this week - if you and @sonnydee like it, it should mean it'll be a good one for my skin year-round. The hearts on the mask are so cute! ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  It's such a fun mask! I think if I could change anything, it'd be the thickness of the material. There's not too many Creme Shop masks that make it on my repurchase list, but this is one of them! ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This mask is so pretty, @Shosh85! Love the font on the ingredients list, too, ha;)

@eshoe Right? The rainbow goodness is the reason I'd buy more! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŒˆ

I don't think I have any 3 steps masks in my stash (though at the size it still is, there could be something I overlooked) so I prepped for the week with some I and R masks. And that's when I realized by bioBelle  #InstantDetox and A'pieu Icing Mask were both watermelon and went ahead and brought a few more in for a duel. So here's what we have:

bioBelle  #InstantDetox (I actually have two of these - one from @lmaster and one from @Shosh85, I'll not spoil how excited ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am to have another)

20200824_090811.jpg20200824_090816.jpg

A'pieu Icing Sweet Bar Sheet Mask (Watermelon) - another treat from @Shosh85 

20200825_125219.jpg20200825_125226.jpg

lookAtMe Watermelon Face Mask (of course I missed that I had this from @missjeanie and went into the box I bought but now I have the same mask back together as a family ๐Ÿ™‚ )

20200826_124435.jpg20200826_124441.jpg

Masqueology Watermelon Moisturizing Mask - @Shosh85 again! Thanks for making this battle possible

20200827_092446.jpg20200827_092451.jpg

My faces

Spoiler

bioBellebioBelleA'pieuA'pieulookAtMelookAtMeMasqueologyMasqueology

bioBellebioBelleA'pieuA'pieulookAtMelookAtMeMasqueologyMasqueology

All masks were enjoyable and I'd do them again. I thought a table would be best to compare so hopefully it pastes well

A'pieu Icing Sweet Bar Sheet Mask (Watermelon)bioBelle #Instant DetoxlookAtMe Watermelon Face Mask - Deeply HydratingMasqueology Watermelon Moisturizing Mask
Smell(1) Pleasant watermelon scent(2) Pleasant watermelon scent that was light during wear, only when comparing against A'pieu did I detect slight clean (like laundry) vibes(4) Did not smell like watermelon to me, instead I thought of hard candy. My husband asked if I used anything that smelled like cherry jello.(3) Kinda watermelon but also leaned more candy/artificial smell
Material & DesignThin material, package did not indicate type but searching says tencelFace looked like a watermelon! Eucalyptus tree pulp material which was comfyVery comfy tencel materialRed tinted and thin material, package did not indicate type and I'd guess tencel
Fit(4) Decent fit but had excess length in cheek area so I tried to let the natural fold in the mask fold other so the philtrum and eye areas aligned(2) Great fit(2) Great fit(1) Best fit
Wear TimeInstructions: 15-20
Worn: 25? but was quite dry
Instructions: 15-20
Worn: 30
Instructions: 15-20
Worn: 40
Instructions: 20
Worn: 30
Tackiness(1) No tack(1) No tack but maybe residue on skin(4) Slight tack, more tacky on neck(3) Slight tack
Extra SerumEnough for face for a different day but less than bioBelleEnough for face for a different dayVery little, maybe enough for neckVery little, maybe enough for neck
ResultsSkin felt hydrated but wouldn't pass on moisturizer after using itHave some blemishes I'm trying to heal and this did help with redness, skin looked more evenSkin looked nice and felt hydrated, added moisturizer too soon didn't help with tackiness but it did fade after timeI felt this one helped with skin evenness too but like most sheet masks, even if they are intended to moisturize, I still apply moisturizer
Other notesDripping out of the packageDripping out of the package. Didn't like that the highlighted ingredients (watermelon and centella asiatica) are below fragrance
Grade(3) B+
Despite the best watermelon scent for me, the not as good fit takes off some points
(1) A-
My pet peeve is about the star ingredients but this one is the overall winner for me
(4) B+
Not watermelon smell and tackiness bring this one down but it is still a good mask
(2) A-
Although the scent was artificial, the great material, fit, and skin evenness this mask brings make it beat out A'pieu

Such a great comparison, @ShortErica!! Glad they were all overall good!!

Thanks @haleyvvvv!

Great comparison @ShortErica  and a perfect time of year for a watermelon extravaganza!  I love your sheet!

Thanks @missjeanie! It was such a happy accident to fall into the watermelon masks so I went with it.

Lovely comparison, @ShortErica! I always forget the Biobelle has a pretty print, the Peach one is fun, too๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

I have a few bioBelle from unicorn mail and they are on my list to try soon @eshoe. One of them has a rainbow cake picture that I'm using this week ๐Ÿ˜

Oh perfect, @ShortErica ๐ŸŒˆ!

Love this watermelon comparison, @ShortErica! I don't think I've seen the Masqueology one but it sounds like it turned out well!

1 Reply
testing