Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@sonnydee glad to hear these work well!! I didn't even know skyn had blemish fits ๐Ÿ˜†

@sonnydee, nice to hear the star design is cute and that the product works. As gross as it may be, thereโ€™s something so satisfying about seeing that the gunk has been / is being sucked out blemishes. 

@sonnydee  Those star patches are soo cute. Itโ€™s good the one seemed to work! 

@sonnydee I like the stars!  I use these types of 'blemish dots' every now and again... I'm not convinced they do a lot, but I'm also not willing to chance it lol

Have you used peace out dots? @missjeanie 

I did use them once @sonnydee , I've used a couple from the Cream Shop as well and two that I don't recall the brand.  They all pretty much did the same thing for me I think. Do you have a favourite brand?

Peace out & the creme shop pink patches work well for me @missjeanie 

I have creme shop pink hearts I'm using. Is that the same as the pink dots, different just in shape, or possibly different formulation? Anyone know @sonnydee @missjeanie @Shosh85 ? I had a good experience with the Hanhoo from Shosh on my open blemishes but I don't know how much they did for ones I hadn't popped.

Yes, the pink hearts are what I was referring to @ShortErica I couldn't remember the shape & wasnt near them. ๐Ÿ˜•They also have mint colored stars. I think for dark spots? Or something like that

Oh cool @sonnydee. So far I think they are effective but it is harder to see the gunk than clear patches so a bit less satisfying in that regard for me. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@ShortErica @sonnydee  I've used the pink hearts from Cream Shop, and the HanHoo ones from @Shosh85 as well.  Right now I'm using the Cream shop ones that are clear.  I'll attach a pic of the packaging "what acne, invisible makeup patches".  I'm not sure how to rate these type of patches... I think I like the ones with an active ingredient? 

@missjeanie do you think the creme shop pink hearts and hanhoo had similar performance?

@ShortErica I do.  I'm noticing a small difference with these ones that have salicylic acid, but I find it super hard to compare since so much time elapses between using each pack for me.  

A497C3BC-1A4D-4071-B9F1-A1F9E3E19C62.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@sonnydee That sleeping mask really does smell so good! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‰

The blemish dots look fun! I'll be interested to hear if they're effective! โญ๏ธ

I've been working graves so am finally getting around to posting this one. I actually have like 4 or 5 more of these in a row to go before anything new. It's another ok mask for me. 

Snowman.jpgSnowman 2.jpg

Super cute packaging! @Samtian 

Such a cute snowman @Samtian! โ˜ƒ๏ธ I think most, if. It all, sheet masks from The Creme Shop have the notice that you might feel some tingling. And Iโ€™m not recalling ever feeling that tingling. Did you experience any tingling with this mask?

@itsfi Nope, no tingling.

@Samtian  Darn this is just ok. 

@Samtian  is there a reason you're using these ones all in a row?  I'm 95% sure I have a few of these in my mask suitcase... should I be digging them out?

10 Replies
testing