Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Ha! Yeah, I've been breezing through my acne fighting products this summer! ๐Ÿ˜† And my hydrating serums and masks too, since I follow up with hydrating products to keep my already dehydrated skin from getting more parched. I guess there's a bright side to breaking out??!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I hear ya @veronika23! I gave away a box of unopen, full size masks and other products earlier this summer because I knew I wouldn't be able to get to them this year and I'd rather someone get use out of and enjoy them than I have to toss it either having used it a few times or worse, not having used it at all. It's made me more mindful about what I can buy more frequently and what should really only be a purchase if I've used up a comparable product. Lessons learned. Always so many lessons learned. Ha!

Totally understand you with giving away some products. I do that often... though I should have done it more with my makeup I think...  Hahaha yeah... wish we didn't have to learn these lessons the hard way. ๐Ÿ˜‚  @itsfi 

XP from the Feedback Wanted: New Clean SC Makeup and Skincare Items thread:

Finally getting around to posting my comparison of the old school green tea and the new "clean" matcha tea masks. 

IMG_20200804_143611.jpg

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Matcha  - I actually did a comparison of this one with the SEPHORA COLLECTION Face Mask Green Tea  since both tea sheet masks claim to offer mattifying and clarifying as benefits. I've really enjoyed the older version of the mask and was curious how the "clean" version stacked up. Both masks had a similar fit which works well on my face. Adherence was also good for both masks. The Green Tea mask is made of a slightly sturdier-feeling cotton sheet and had a backing for placement. The Matcha one was perhaps slightly more comfortable on and did not have a backing, but that was not an issue. The Green Tea has a grassier scent, while the Matcha was more of a soapy scent, with the Matcha scent lingering much longer through wear time. I didn't notice much tack on my skin after removal of either mask. Both left me decently hydrated, but I wouldn't say that I noticed any particular mattifying effects. Perhaps with longer usage over time? Based on this comparison, I'm definitely interested in trying other versions of the new clean mask line to see which may become new favorites! 

@quspork  Ooooh, I love that you compared these! Glad to hear they both turned out nice - sounds like I need to try the Matcha Tea one soon! ๐Ÿ‘

I appreciate the comparison of old vs new @quspork!

I loved the matcha tea mask @quspork 

@quspork @Thanks for sharing! Interesting comparison!! 

Oh thanks for the comparision @quspork 

Nice comparison @quspork! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Good to hear that the new, cleaner matcha mask was one you liked. Itโ€™s my favorite of the new clean masks that Iโ€™ve tried so far (only 3). ๐Ÿต 

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Out of my one-off bin as @WinglessOne calls it. i think i picked this up during 1 of the MOTM... Fit? ...the eyes are hearts. That was cute. And thats where the pros ended...๐Ÿ™Š the mask was too slender, it only covered about half of my temple area. had extra on the forehead & sooooo much on the chin. Like.a.beard. I am too lazy to cut but almost did with this mask- I had high hopes for it. Its a black mask, on the thicker side Smell?not bad, but what I would think kale& charcoal would smell like Consistency? the mask was nicely saturated but started acting out almost immediately. i had to fight with it to get 15 min out of it. it wanted to lift off of my cheeks but it didn't feel dry. The part above the lips wanted to be on my lips. I usually could just push it up & out of the way but not with this mask ๐Ÿคท the serum is clear & pretty thin but i didn't have any drippey mess. My skin did soak in the serum with ease & not much tack..Really no difference in my blemishes Ease of use?a struggle Would I  purchase/try again?I wouldn't buy this mask. There are so many better alternatives at this price point & cheaper even. If I got it for free, maybe with a mask holder- which is also a struggle But not one i would seek out but avoid. ๐Ÿ’š for the hearts. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

@sonnydee  I haven't tried any of these because of all the negative reviews I've heard. This one definitely sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Sorry to hear it was such a let down! ๐Ÿ˜ข

@sonnydee what a bummer!! Thank you... Next next ๐ŸŽถ

Hmmmm @sonnydee๐Ÿค” this mask seems really high maintenance. ๐Ÿ˜† Sounds like a lot of work to make it (kinda) work. Agree that there are alternatives at comparable prices. Thanks for taking one for the team and for letting us know! On to the next mask! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

I have a handful of the anti-pollution masks from this brand and they are pretty non descript, @sonnydee . 1000% agree with your end results and everything elseโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe @WinglessOne I was really surprised about how much...

@eshoe @WinglessOne I was really surprised about how much a pain this mask was. I wish there was more serum for me too add a blank mask too & try again but no such luck. oh well, ๐Ÿคท can't all be winners

@sonnydee Wow, this mask sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Gotta love those sheet masks that try to fly or slide off your face... Sorry it didn't work out for you! 

For the next few weeks I plan to do Holika Holika masks because I think they fall into the Blind Pick (which one of them will I use), Sheet Mask Focus and letter H. A big thanks to @Shosh85 and @missjeanie for helping me get so many varieties!!! If anyone wants to buddy up and compare with me I'd love to have motivation of which to use next. So far I've done lemon and acai berry.

20200803_094958.jpg

โ€ƒ

@ShortErica  Yay! I was just wondering when you were gonna do a Holika Holika showdown! I've only tried 3, (lemon, strawberry & rose) and I think Lemon is my favorite so far! I'm pretty sure the Pearl is up next in the schedule for me.... I'll definitely have to compare notes when you've gone through them all! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

And darn! I still have the Mugwort one with your name on it!

Oh yay! Looking forward to your thoughts too @Shosh85. And no worries, there will likely be a smaller but still quite a bit of variety Holika Holika part 2 showdown in the future. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Wow!! That looks so cool @ShortErica 

Thanks @lmaster! It will be nice to see which ones stand out

1 Reply
testing