Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

C is for Celebeau black rose aqua mask.1A06889A-65D9-4A8E-9641-2DAD3CE7B36D.jpeg

Sorry the pic is sideways, I donโ€™t know why but it wonโ€™t let me fix it๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ The mask was ok. It had a lot of lovely rose scented serum. The fit was pretty good. I left it on for 20 minutes and there was just enough serum to massage in. It didnโ€™t feel very tacky and my face did feel hydrated. A few minutes later my face started to feel a little bit irritated. I love rose but it does not love me. So itโ€™s not one I would use again.

Oh, no! It's a shame this one was irritating, @faeriegirl.

@faeriegirl Sorry this one did not work for you.  

BIC seems weird with photos lately. I appreciate seeing the package cause it helps me remember if I tried it or have it so sideways is great. Sorry the mask wasn't for you @faeriegirl. Hopefully the next one you pick treats your skin better.

Thank you @ShortErica! I hope they get the picture issues fixed soon๐Ÿคž

Oh what a bummer, @faeriegirl - sorry this one didn't agree with your skin. Hope it returned to normal quickly!

Thankfully it wasnโ€™t irritated for very long  @eshoe

@faeriegirl  Awe what a bummer! Sorry there was irritation with this one! I'm not a fan of floral/rose so this wasn't my favorite either. 

I love floral scents @Shosh85  but rose and lavender definitely do not love me๐Ÿ˜‚

@faeriegirl  Oh no Iโ€™m sorry to hear it irritated your skin. Hopefully itโ€™s not to bad!

It wasnโ€™t too bad @ather, it went away after about 20 minutes.

Awwww that's sad to hear @faeriegirl 

It always makes me sad @lmaster  because I love rose scentโ˜น๏ธ

Going with the foot mask theme because I've been excited to try these ever since @eshoe gifted them to me.

B3E51C17-8257-480D-81F4-F7DA9C9ED5A6.jpeg

Spoiler

Dr. Jart Dermask Foot Smoothing Mask

These are foil booties lined with a layer of meshy cotton inside. They had a light coating of a thick, creamy serum and a citrusy/shea butter kind of smell - the scent was super light though, and I could really only smell it by sticking my nose right in the bootie. They had a nice warming effect, that is, if you're sitting/lying down - if I started walking the warming effect disappeared. I guess it's not so bad it forces you relax ๐Ÿ˜‚The directions say to leave them on for 15-20 minutes-  I left them on for more like an hour, because it seemed the warming effect would never go away and I was enjoying how it felt. ๐Ÿ˜ŠWhen I did remove them, my feet felt so soft and smooth and nicely moisturized.

I'm normally not too big on foot/hand masks because I feel like moisturizer can do just as good of a job, but these had the added bonus of warmth, which definitely makes them a repurchase for me. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

037041F9-28DA-4260-8D16-91397E4FC0AD.jpeg

Warming booties would definitely be nice once the cold weather hits, @Shosh85!

@quspork  This would love to have a bunch of these saved up for winter time! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I love this.  I will definitely try it.  Thank you for the information!

@tjffc  They are so great! I would definitely love to have a permanent backup stock of them! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Very interesting @Shosh85. Bet the warming would be really nice in the winter.

@ShortErica  These definitely would be perfect for winter time! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Ahhh Iโ€™m so happy these warmed properly for you, @Shosh85! I was so impressed with this one, I went to buy another but it looks like itโ€™s OOS now. I hope it comes back, though!

1 Reply
testing