Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I just opened my Champagne BITE last night, @sonnydee. thankfully they last awhile, but knowing I wonโ€™t be able to replace it ๐Ÿคจ

I still have some big ones I haven't opened. Im waiting f...

I still have some big ones I haven't opened. Im waiting for a good gwp to try out lanolips ointment (3 fruity set) but I love love love the lemonaid I have & that will most likely be my replacement for my bite. @eshoe

Re: I still have some big ones I haven't opened. Im waiting f...

The consistency is the same, @sonnydee - but the wider opening for the Lanolips is a challenge for me๐Ÿ™„

A comparison pic pretty please @eshoe@eshoe

453B1E5A-02A4-4816-A7FC-BF7AFABB6704.jpeg

It doesnโ€™t look like much, @sonnydee - but itโ€™s a huge difference. I waste so much of the Lanolips, and I like it. Which makes wasting it all the more frustrating. Glossier balm dot calm on the left bc it is similar but not as long-lasting.

Oh yes. I can see how that wastes....๐Ÿค” hmmmm @eshoe thank you for the comparison pic I appreciate you & it greatly. ๐Ÿ˜˜I wonder if the lemonaid is the same, will have to look. 

Awww thank you for the kind words, @sonnydee ๐Ÿค— Itโ€™s a small thing to do for the Swatch Master;)

Last weekโ€™s โ€œZโ€ was for zen.Zen.jpeg

Spoiler

Maskingdom I  Wish โ€œZenโ€ Mask is a 2-step mask, but unlike the other Maskingdom masks Iโ€™ve used, the first step with the masks from this โ€œI Wishโ€ series is the sheet mask and the second and final step is a light, but viscous serum that is neither goopy nor gooey, and, in terms of its consistency, feels like a cross between a serum and a gel moisturizer.

Density-wise, itโ€™s pretty standard for sheet masks, maybe slightly leaning on the thinner side โ€“ the material is not so thin as to cause trouble pulling the mask apart or adjusting it to fit the shape and features of the face, nor is it so thick that it lifts off or separates from the face during the half hour of wear time. This seems to be standard with the Taiwanese masks that I've tried - the quality of the material and ingredients is sound and the packaging, especially with Maskingdom masks range from super cute and whimsical, like this one, to beautifully artistic. This particular mask is saturated without being drenched in or dripping with, the subtle, fresh, and  soft, floral scented, slightly viscous essence that absorbs quickly, and without any tack or stickiness, leaving the skin feeling hydrated,  bouncy, and with a fresh-faced brightness.

Iโ€™ve been very pleased with the Maskingkom sheet masks that Iโ€™ve used so far. This one is no exception and is one Iโ€™d happily repurchase. Iโ€™m looking forward to trying the other masks from the โ€œI Wishโ€ series; actually, from Maskingdom, in general. โ™ฅ๏ธ

This one sounds amazing @itsfi!

I was really happy with this one @faeriegirl. The Maskingdom masks have been a hit for me. ๐Ÿฅฐ

This looks and sounds like a masking dream come true @itsfi 

Such a good mask @lmaster. The 2-step makes it convenient for travel.

@itsfi  The packaging is everything!! ๐Ÿ˜

Super cute, right @ather?!!! The packaging on every Maskingdom mask Iโ€™ve used has been fantastic! ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’•

@itsfi  oooh, this one sounds wonderful! The artwork really is so pretty - it'd be hard for me to throw this one away! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜

Yeah @Shosh85; Iโ€™m not sure I will throw the packaging away. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

that is pretty packaging @itsfi & the mask sounds Zen lik...

that is pretty packaging @itsfi & the mask sounds Zen like as well๐Ÿค—.....

Re: that is pretty packaging @itsfi & the mask sounds Zen lik...

Zen, indeed! It was a well timed mask,  @sonnydee! ๐Ÿ˜Š All the masks in this โ€œI Wishโ€œ line are super cute! โ™ฅ๏ธ I picked up a few earlier this year and will definitely be picking up more later in the year. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

A is for my old friend, Biobelle Afterparty. 

Macarons are my favorite cookie and this sleeve always makes me want some.Macarons are my favorite cookie and this sleeve always makes me want some.

Notes: 

Spoiler

Claims: Smooths, brightens, and moisturizes skin; protects against environmental stressors. 

Ingredients: Ah, how I miss the days when Biobelle front-loaded their masks with star ingredients! I suppose itโ€™s cheaper for the brand to formulate their masks the way they currently do, but Iโ€™m not a fan of that at allโ€”especially when I can look back to their old masks, like this one, and see yogurt and blueberry listed upfront, along with lactic acid (probably here more for moisture than exfoliation) and amino acids. This is one of my favorite Biobelle masks solely because of its ingredients. I mean, niacinamide? Licorice root? Panthenol? Allantoin? Yes please! And fragrance is where it should be: near the end of the list. 

Spoiler

Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Lactococcus/Milk Ferment Lysate, Saccharide Isomerate, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Corn Gluten Amino Acids, 1,2-Hexanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Xanthan Gum, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phtalate Free Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyacetophenone, Phenoxyethanol 

Performance: This tencel sheet was full of blueberry scented watery serum. I usually get a handful+ of Afterparty serum from the sleeve, and this time was no exception. No trimming was necessary but, as usual, this sheet was too narrow. (Not as narrow as some others Iโ€™ve used, but definitely not wide enough to cover my jaw.) Sometimes I cut perimeter slits at the temples and jaw (well, what should be my jaw) so I can overlap parts of the sheet without bunching it up, but I didnโ€™t do that tonight. 

The first time I ever used this mask, I expected to find a cream serum in the sleeveโ€”because you know, yogurt. I remember how surprised I was. ๐Ÿ˜„ Something about this particular serum always makes this sheet feel relaxing on my face. I can't smell the blueberry much after smoothing the sheet on my skin, which is probably a good thing if that scent is driven mainly by added fragrance elements. 

After 30 minutes of wear tonight, it took just a minute to massage and press residual serum into my skin. I had no pilling or tackiness. 

Results: Hydrated and well moisturized skin that looked brighter and felt soft and bouncy to the touch. Now that Iโ€™ve used a few new-to-me masks that are more hydrating and moisturizing than Afterparty, I can knock its rating down to a 89-90. Itโ€™s still a good mask and I still plan to restock it while I can, before it disappears from all retailers. 

Tonight I topped Afterparty with Drunk Elephant F-Balm (received as gratis from Sephora), a sleep mask that totally fails me in cold weather but fairs much better in heat. For me, itโ€™s lightweight enough to use after a moisturizing sheet mask without making my skin feel heavy or smothered. 

This one sounds great @WinglessOne! I have it pulled out to use this week!

@WinglessOne  This one sounds Devine!! 

testing