Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Rules

Spoiler
Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.
How To: Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.
Most Important: Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 02/19

Spoiler

Week 11: (Mar 12th-18th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 12: (Mar 19th-25th): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members?

Week 13: (Mar 26th-Apr 1st): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 14: (Apr 2nd - 8th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 15: (Apr 9th - 15th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 16: (Apr 16th - 22nd): Sephora’s ‘Best Selling’ Masks 

Week 17: (Apr 23rd - 29th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 

Week 18: (Apr 30th - May 6th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands sold at Sephora

Week 19: (May 7th - 13th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 20: (May 14th - 20th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 21: (May 20th - 27th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 22: (May 28th - June 3rd): 

Week 23: (June 4th - 10th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 24: (June 11th - 17th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the “Masking Week Challenge”

Past Weeks

Week 1 (Jan 1st-7th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of New Years!
Week 2 (Jan 8th-14th): Brand Week - Glam Glow & REN
Week 3 (Jan 15th-21st): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 4 (Jan 22nd-28th): 'Weird Mask' Bubbling, colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 5 (Jan 29th-Feb 4th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time??
Week 6 (Feb 5th-11th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 7 (Feb 12th-18th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 8 (Feb 19th-25th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 9 (Feb 26th-Mar 4th): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 10 (Mar 5th-11th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

I'm on an Origins kick right now, I took a cue from cookiegirl and mixed some masks up. They don't necessarily make sense...but my face isn't melting off so all is good lol. I mixed and have on Original Skin, Drink Up and Project Dragon Fruit. My skin feel tight from the clay and wet at the same time 😄 very odd lol

RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

I just tried three new masks (all Korean brands) and wanted to share my opinion on them. I bought the Skinfood masks at Ulta and the Huxley mask off Amazon, although you can purchase all three on Amazon. The Skinfood Strawberry Black Sugar Mask: you keep on for 10-15 minutes and then wash off. I really liked this one. It feels like you are putting real strawberries on your face, but not in a slimy sort of way. The mask is slightly exfoliating due to the black sugar but very gentle. I’ve used several times and it made my skin smooth, moisturized, and bright. The Skinfood Rice Mask: this one is also gently exfoliating. You are supposed to massage into your skin for 10-15 minutes. It sounds like a pain but I just went on my phone to pass the time while massaging with the other hand (don’t ask me how I accomplished this - I have no idea!). When I rinsed off, my skin was amazingly smooth and hydrated. Definitely my favorite one. Lastly, the Huxley Secret of Sahara Sleep Mask: Good Night: this was pricier than the other two masks (the others will only run you about $10-$12 or so) but pricier doesn’t always mean better. I slept with this on one night and rinsed off the next morning. Honestly, I didn’t feel it did much for my skin. It left it a bit moisturized but I get better results with regular moisturizer and my Argan or rose hip oil. I also think the Sephora sleep masks far surpass this mask as far as hydration goes, and they are a fraction of the price. So that’s my Mask review. Hope you enjoy! Pic attached.

Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

@Llamamama2 

I've been wondering about those Skinfood masks for some time, and your reviews were very helpful. Thank you!  Now, I just have to decide whether I want to try the rice mask or the strawberry one first. Smiley Wink

RE: Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hi @itsfi! If I had to choose, I’d say go with the rice mask first. But considering they will cost you around $20 altogether, it may be worthwhile (and fun) to try both!

I bought some silly things and decided to put them to good use while masking. I used the Boscia Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask. I had heard it requires a thick application to peel off properly. I thought I applied enough, but I still had trouble pulling it off in big enough pieces. I will use a thicker layer next time to see if that helps. Despite all that, I still liked it and think it made my skin feel soft. We'll see how I look tomorrow.

IMG_20180421_014805067.jpg

I followed up with a new to me sheet mask from the Creme Shop, the Glow Up, Skin! It lists having rainbow pearl essence and definitely leaves the skin looking like you have an all over highlighter on. My skin does feel nice and hydrated though.

In case the Caticorn and unicorn mask wasn't obvious enough, my mug tells you what I am.In case the Caticorn and unicorn mask wasn't obvious enough, my mug tells you what I am.

The after:

Spoiler
IMG_20180421_035316113.jpg

@snoflakefaerie 

You have beautiful skin! 

RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Gorgeous skin!! That mask combination definitely worked!! Love the hairband @snowflakefaerie

@snoflakefaerie  Your masking definitely worked because your skin is glowing!!

Great masking, but more importantly I NEED THAT MUG! I love it! @snoflakefaerie

@snoflakefaerie I have the same headband - I love it!

Your skin has a lovely glow @snoflakefaerie!

Happy Friday!  It’s been a long and rough week and I’m looking forward to the weekend.  I think I may have combined this and last week’s challenges; here are my masks this week:

IMG_3707.JPG

Spoiler

The sheet masks were nice – tried the It’s Skin Prestige Masque Ginseng d’Escargot for the first time this week.  It’s a hydrogel mask that’s not slimy feeling and leaves my skin feeling soft and looking smooth and bright.  It has a light floral scent to it; nothing too overpowering.  The Leaders Coconut Gel Mask with Orange is a staple in my sheet mask collection – it leaves my skin looking brighter.

I just love how hydrating, radiant and supple my skin looks and feel the morning after I use the Farmacy Honey Potion Mask – it’s definitely one of my favorite masks.  I received a sample size of the Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Masque after a facial; consistency-wise, it’s a thick, clear gel. The instructions say to leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wipe off, but think it works better as a sleeping mask.  While the Skinceuticals mask is nice enough, I don’t see myself purchasing a full size. As far as hydrating wash off masks go, I prefer GlamGlow ThirstyMud mask (not pictured) over it.  Glow Recipe Watermelon Sleeping Mask is light, hydrating, absorbs quickly and feels refreshing when I apply it.  I’m a fan of sleeping masks and this one is a good one.

RE: Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Wow! Great reviews of some amazing products. I am excited to try the sheet masks you mentioned. Gotta go find them now!

Great combos @itsfi! I really want to check out more leaders mask.

@Aaliaa

I've tried a few different masks from Leaders and have liked the results I've gotten from them.  Along with the coconut gel mask I used this week, I also like the "Too Much Fun In the Sun" mask, the "Detox and Chill" mask (it's a charcoal mask), and the aloe sheet mask. 

Thanks @itsfi, I'll add them to my list of stuff to try!

Great choices, @itsfi!  I still want to try the Watermelon Sleeping mask!

@curlychiquita 

You should definitely try the watermelon sleeping mask.  I can't remember who it was but someone mentioned it smells like watermelon jolly ranchers and it sure does.  It's also hydrating. I think those with skin on the dry side might fare better layering the sleeping mask on top of a moisturizer.  Those with normal-to-oily skin might be able to just use this as their moisturizer, particularly in the warmer months, without the need for a separate moisturizer underneath.

@itsfi The Coconut sheet mask 'with orange' packaging mak...

@itsfi The Coconut sheet mask 'with orange' packaging makes me laugh 😀 . Which does it smell like? I'm intrigued by this sheet mask. I must search and find it. I'm not so afraid if sheet masks anymore lol. You said the Watermelon Sleep Mask absorbs quickly, have you tried the Laneiage sleep mask? Is it the same texture?

Re: @itsfi The Coconut sheet mask 'with orange' packaging mak...

@GG84 

I wish it smelled like either orange or coconut.  Sadly, it's not scented at all. Smiley Sad  If you can pick up one of these masks to try, I think it's worth it; there's a few from Leaders I really like.

I agree with @Aaliaa.  The Laneige and Glow Recipe sleeping masks have different textures - the consistency on the Laneige sleeping mask reminds me of a gel moisturizer, while the Glow Recipe Watermelon sleeping mask is a lot thinner, almost watery jello-like (?).  I have foils of both the Laneige and Glow Recipe mask and am happy to send them to you if you'd like to try them. 

2,258 Replies