Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Rules

Spoiler
Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.
How To: Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.
Most Important: Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 01/07

Spoiler

Week 1 (Jan 1st-7th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of New Years!
Week 2 (Jan 8th-14th): Brand Week - Glam Glow & REN
Week 3 (Jan 15th-21st): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 4 (Jan 22nd-28th): 'Weird Mask' Bubbling, colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 5 (Jan 29th-Feb 4th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time??
Week 6 (Feb 5th-11th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 7 (Feb 12th-18th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 8 (Feb 19th-25th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 9 (Feb 26th-Mar 4th): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 10 (Mar 5th-11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

I've been lurking here but haven't posted much yet...guess it's time to change that!

Tonight's selection is Skyn Iceland Great Start Mask. I got this in a gwp at some point, but it will be a definite purchase (at some point in the future once I use up some of the massive stash I pulled it out of...so sad that I'll have to wait for more 😞 )

The packet packaging is a bit obnoxious...even the "full size" is just a box of six of these sets. But...at least there's enough in each packet to get two uses, so I just decanted them into small jars to store the rest 👍IMG_20180123_002726177.jpg

IMG_20180123_003108271.jpg

It's bubbly and cooling and warming all at the same time, and my face feels so smooth and clean afterwards. Definite love!

This looks and sounds like a fabulous mask @RGbrown!  I knew Skyn Iceland had the eye gel masks but I didn't know until now that they also do rinse off masks.  Great name for the mask, too - Fresh Start Mask. 

@RGbrown This looks like a great mask!  I haven't had Skyn Iceland products in a while, so I may need to look into this.  Glad you decided to share.  Thanks!

Tonight i’m using a couple Talika Paris bi enzyme masks.   One for my face and one for my décolleté  I bought a bunch of these in St Barths earlier last year.  This is the only brand I know of that makes décolleté masks so that’s the weirdness factor for tonight.  I’ll usually take my sheet masks when i’m done with using them on my face and apply them to my chest and neck until they dry out so it’s not too special a thing. CAED3DD6-124E-4DC9-B340-DA25441FF6E4.jpeg

image.jpg

@heartsmyface  These look interesting!  With the enzymes, did you get good results?  Can you get these here? You always have different masks that look like they would address different issues. 

I'm behind in sharing my masks.

Last week I did a Sephora lip mask and also decided to pair with an eye mask, both while taking a nice bubble bath.

IMG_1242.JPG

I used the exact same Sephora eye mask last night! Today my undereye feels sooo soft. I need to stock up on those. I hope you liked them, too!

Ohhhhh, hydrating collagen eye pads?  Those sound nice, @kelloua.

Sounds like a very relaxing mask day @kelloua.  What did you think of the lip and eye masks?

RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Multimasking after hard busy weekend, I’m using manuka honey ( anti aging, anti inflammatory) the bottle is around 54$ Then boscia hydrogel mask and at last moisturizer: honey drop from farmacy

Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Fabulous mask selections @Sobeautiful!  A double dose of honey for you with the manuka honey and Farmacy masks!  Great for wintertime, anytime really. Smiley Happy

RE: Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Thank you, What I like about the honey ( naturel) that you can use it every where ( under eyes, lips ) and of course to felicitate you self you can eat some as well

Re: RE: Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

So agree @Sobeautiful! I love honey.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Yes, @Sobeautiful, so many wonderful uses for honey. Smiley Happy

RE: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Tried this one out tonight. Nothing too “weird” about it other than I usually drink my matcha and this time I’m spreading it all over my face!

It felt good, very cooling and once on my skin for 5-10 minutes I gently massaged it and rinsed off. Parts of my skin looked clearer (like my nose area) probably because of the small gritty texture found in the mask and overall my skin felt smooth and not overly dry. We’ll see how it feels in the morning.

Happy “weird face-masking” week to all!

@sojess, green tea and masking?  This seems like it's calling my name.  I have a very vague memory that I may have received a foil of this mask with a promo code ... though that could very well be wishful thinking on my part.  Well, if I didn't, I think I may ask for a sample. I like that olive oil and shea butter are in the ingredients list - should make it less drying.

How did you like the mask @sojess?

hi @myinsidevoice! I do love tea and masking, too Smiley Happy I liked this mask as I found it kind of does it all: it tingles when you first put it on so it's very refreshing, it felt it was really cleaning out my skin, and then when you wet your hands and start massaging it before rinsing off, it really exfoliated my skin. My nose area seemed clearer which is great! I didn't find it very hydrating, though. I have oily skin and I actually liked how shine-free it left my complexion. But following up with my usual night routine of serum/essence/moisturizer/facial spray did the trick to hydrate my skin after the mask. I would have loved to have a  bit more product in the sample because it didn't seem like enough to get a good even layer all over my face. 

I hope you do find that sample but if not, let me know as I have a few extras and I'll be happy to mail one out to you!

Awww @sojess, you are so sweet!  I'll take a look later tonight - fortunately, I sorted through most of my foils a couple of weeks ago so I won't have to go digging through my drawers looking for it.  Smiley Wink

064BD7F8-691B-4C36-B4E5-6578FF97699B.jpeg

Well I tried out a peeling mask and ended up having to wash it off cause it hurt to peel it and i wasn’t going to put myself through that.  Into the trash with this one.  

It's such a fine line with those peel off masks @heartsmyface ! I feel like there are so few that don't either aggressively stick making them impossible to get off or don't peel off all the way and leave little pieces all over your face haha 

844 Replies