Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Mask of the Week Challenge!

Hello Lovelies! As we make our resolutions and check them twice, I thought we could start a skincare version of the Weekly Challenge. Many of us wanted to use more masks, shop our stash and focus on our Skin so hopefully this thread will be an inspiration to do just that. Join us with pictures and comments down below.

Masking Spreadsheet Info

Spoiler

Hello every, @eshoe and I are very happy to present the BIC Masking Challenge Spreadsheet. The idea is to have an easily searchable database of masks and reviews as a reference point when we are considering our next purchase. Data integrity was important to us so instead of everyone inputing data directly into the spreadsheet where theoretically information could be deleted or edited we have the questionnaire. It should take no longer then 1-2 minutes with the option for a more detailed review (which you can copy from your post on this thread).

Remember the idea is not to replace this thread. I personally love reading, commenting and interacting with all you amazing women here and that shouldnโ€™t change. This would just be on top of that. Hopefully the more people that partake in this, the larger database of information weโ€™ll have for reference. It will be extra effort in the beginning but then we would only need to input any new mask weโ€™ve tried.

Additional Info:

Spoiler

Since we arenโ€™t allowed to post links, please PM or myself for it. You will also find this information on the original post so you donโ€™t need a database to search for this post!

Incase you need some help to filter/search results, try this :-

Search Specific Word or Phrase โ€”> Edit -> Find and Replace -> Search Word

Filter/Organize by Columns --> Data -> Create a Filter -> Select Options

There are 2 ways to edit a response: 

1) Once you have completed a survey, click on the "Edit Your Response" link on that page. Once this page is closed, the only way to make a change is to:

2) PM @Aaliaa or @eshoe to make the change directly in the response spreadsheet

Thanks @eshoe for putting this together!

Rules

Spoiler

Each week there will be a new Masking Challenge posted. It will range from type of mask, brand specific week or fun challenges along the way.

Choose mask, take picture (with mask on or before), place mask on face, relax and dream of the next Sephora purchase you want to make, remove mask for healthier skin.

Have Fun!!

P.S. If you have any suggestions or challenge recommendations feel free to message me and I'll add them to the list.

Schedule Updated 06/21

Spoiler

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017

Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€

Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!

Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop

Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin

Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around

Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week

Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry

Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!

Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!

Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 

Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands

Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??

Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks

Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 

Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion

Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018

Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Week 25: (June 18th - 24th): Masks you discovered in 2017
Week 26:  (June 25th - July 1st): Favourite Mask of the โ€œMasking Week Challengeโ€
Week 27 (July 2nd-8th): Hydrating Mask to get over the dehydration of Air-Conditioning!
Week 28 (July 9th-15th): Brand Week - Glam Glow, REN & Creme Shop
Week 29 (July 16th-22nd): Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that winter skin
Week 30 (July 23rd-29th): โ€˜Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!
Week 31 (July 30th-Aug 5th): Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??
Week 32 (Aug 5th-12th): Sheet Mask! I know we all have a few (dozen) lying around
Week 33 (Aug 13th-19th): When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW
Week 34 (Aug 20th-26th): Brand Week - Fresh & PTR
Week 35 (Aug 27th-Sep 2nd): Favourites Week - Your go to miracle in a mask
Week 36 (Sep 3rd-9th): Female Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Week
Week 37: (Sep 10th-16th): DIY Mask - Skincare meets Chemistry
Week 38: (Sep 17th-23rd): BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members
Week 39: (Sep 24th-30th): Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness
Week 40: (Oct 1st - 7th): $-$$$$ - Most Expensive and/or Cheapest mask you love!
Week 41: (Oct 8th - 14th): Sample Dive - I know we have them!
Week 42: (Oct 15th - 21st): Sephoraโ€™s โ€˜Best Sellingโ€™ Masks 
Week 43: (Oct 22nd - 28th): Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar
Week 44: (Oct 29th - Nov 4th): Laneige and Dr. Jart Week! - Lets show some love to Some Korean skincare brands
Week 45: (Nov 5th - 11th): Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
Week 46: (Nov 12th - 18th): Favourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa??
Week 47: (Nov 19th - 25th): Tata Harper, Tatcha or Too Cool For School Masks
Week 48: (Nov 26th - Dec 2nd): Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step
Week 49: (Dec 3rd - 9th): Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their 
Week 50: (Dec 10th - 16th): Pharmacy or Farmacy Brand: From France to Honey Potion
Week 51: (Dec 17th - 23rd): Masks you discovered in 2018
Week 52:  (Dec 24th - 31st): Holiday Party Prep Mask

Merry Masking!

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge!

Is anyone else trialing the FOREO - UFOโ„ข device? I am incredibly spoiled and was gifted this from a co-worker (I can't even...) and wanted to hear thoughts from others who have used it. I love how quick and easy it is to use this device but wanted to hear any tips from you all who use the app. 

@KatieBT there is a 2019 thread now, here is the link ๐Ÿ™‚ https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/4497678

Tagging @missjeanie @GalPalVal17 I thought one of you bought this recently, hoping my memory serves me correctly ๐Ÿ˜‰

The 2019 Mask of the Week Challenge thread is up. Please continue to post using the new thead at: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678#M83796

Thank you!!!

Tagging those who may not have seen this yet:

@byme4u @emaisgr8 @jen81 @Anonymous @Kim888 @CC3616 @snoflakefaerie @quspork @Guessgal 

Thank you for the new thread @eshoe!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Youโ€™re very welcome @veronika23 ๐Ÿ˜Š 

@eshoe Thank you for tagging me! I appreciate it. 

Happy to @CC3616 ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š!

@eshoe  -- Thanks!!!

Youโ€™re welcome @MCSSavvy!

Sorry Iโ€™m kind of late in posting last weekโ€™s masking! Thursdayโ€™s masking: I used the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer 5 oz

for gentle physical and chemical exfoliation. BTW this is my favorite of all the PTR masks! It smells like pumpkin pie. After massaging my face with minimal pressure to avoid microtearing my skin and leaving it on for 7 minutes, I rinsed it off and patted my skin dry. ( grade A ). I followed up by using the Peter Thomas Roth FIRMxโ„ข Exfoliating Peel Gel 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

which contains keratinase which is an exfoliating enzyme. ( Grade A++ ). This time it removed so many dead skin cells due to the fact that I used the DE Sukari babyfacial earlier in the week. Before retiring for the night, I applied the Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks 6 x Eye Masks

Grade A+ which are soaked in serum but are very delicate to manipulate and can easily tear. The serum contains peptides ( โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ peptides! ) and great ingredients. I removed them in the middle of the night and returned to my comfy bed and cuddled with my cat Kauai. I also made a kind of DYI hand mask. First I applied the CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet

DS sample which I canโ€™t wait to finish.... Then I mixed 2 drops of TO plant derived squalene with the La Roche Posay Lipikar Xerand Hand Cream and applied this mix everywhere on my hands, fingers and nails. To seal in the moisture I then applied a fine layer of the Hylamide HA Blur. Woke up with well rested eyes, no crowโ€™s feet, soft/nourished hands and less brittle nails. ( my nails crack easily when itโ€™s cold and dry outside even if I wear warm gloves )E326C64E-8321-4946-A5B5-DD747A280393.jpegB4609B98-D34F-473F-9BC4-7D5949A573A5.jpeg

@keana1 I LOVE YOUR HEADBAND! It is so cute! 

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT ๐Ÿ˜‰ ! It was a gift from the wonderful @eshoe ! 

@keana1 What a great gift! I will have to get my hands on one. It would be perfect when I wash my face or do my makeup.  

I love your headband!! you look adorable!! @keana1 ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love your headband!! you look adorable!! @keana1 ๐Ÿ˜‰

Re: I love your headband!! you look adorable!! @keana1 ๐Ÿ˜‰

Youโ€™re so sweet @lmaster ! I look tired in the picture, I took it at 3:30 am! The worst part is that I fell asleep about 3 hours later... ! 

Oh wow @keana1  I don't think I could stay up that late anymore ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I also wish that I couldnโ€™t stay up in the wee hours of the morning @lmaster ! Iโ€™m having a bad case of insomnia! This is how I feel like when I try to sleep ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ !

@keana1 have you tried taking a hot bath when you can't sleep?

I took one last night @lmaster ! It felt sooo good but I fell asleep about 2 hours later! Which could have been worse! 

Oh my gosh @keana1  I would pass out at soon as I got out, so sorry ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

4 Replies
testing