Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dry skin peeling

My skin is still dry even after I tried an exfoliator 2-3 times a week. I use a vitamin c serum and moisturizer in my routine. Looking for good advice. My skin tends to be drier after a shower too.

Tags:

Re: Dry skin peeling

Hi @catchanee,

You have been given some great suggestions! I used the DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Cream and DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Liquid When I had a dermatitis flare up and have found it had helped so much! It is very concentrated and deeply moisturized my super dry and dehydrated skin without causing any irritations. I highly recommend trying. They also have an amazing set for the holdidays DR. JART+ - Holiday Fantasy Cera Never Runs Dryso that you can trial each item! 🙂

Thanks for the suggestions. I have heard Dr Jart, and can give it a try this time.

Thanks @HelenB for the suggestions!

@catchanee I live in a super dry super cold area in the winter and when I notice a dry patch I put Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve 1.6 oz/ 46 gon it before bed instead of my normal moisturizer and usually wake up with no flakes!! Hope it gets better! I know it’s onlt getting worse where I live 😞

Hi @ather I was thinking of getting that too when I was in a store this weekend. But it was sold out. Will try to get one next time! Thanks.

@catchanee I use it on my lips too. It’s so multi purpose. It’s a little sticky on your face at night but it’s cleared up my dry patches in one use. I’ve been wanting to try Lano because my baby has really bad eczema and it’s safe on babies but I haven’t picked one up yet. I think it’s suppose to be a multi purpose balm as well. When I get it I’ll let you know 🙂 

Sounds good @athe thanks!

Dry skin peeling

Cut back on physical exfoliation until the flaking stops and make sure none of your cleansers or moisturizers contain niacinamide since you are using vitamin C, they react badly when used at the same time.

Thanks for the advice!@“ @SharonQueen

@catchanee No problem! I had added cleanser and moisturiz...

@catchanee No problem! I had added cleanser and moisturizer with niacinamide and experienced some flaking and tingling. A YouTuber mentioned it and I googled for myself. I like my Vitamin C so I stopped the niacinamide.

RE: Dry skin peeling

Sorry to do this but go to target and get the cereve moustorizer it works like a champ

Re: RE: Dry skin peeling

Interesting, you don’t like any moisturizers at Sephora? @happydaystocome

@catchanee I also have often dry, peeling skin in the winter. The best things I did for my skin with regards to that is a. used a facial oil and moisturizer in my night routine. I use 100% squalane oil (like the Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL). Moisturizers with colloidal oatmeal are designed to help with conditions even as severe as eczema. I use the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g, but I believe everything in the Ultra Repair line will have that ingredient. And b. I completed stopped using physical exfoliators!! I can’t stress that enough. I use an ultra gentle AHA daily peel (like the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Ultra Gentle Daily Peel Pads for Sensitive Skin 30 treatments ...or the 5% AHA + HA Daily Peel by The Ordinary, which isn’t sold at Sephora). 

Spoiler
Thank you @cianni! Why don’t you use physical exfoliators?

@catchanee I find it makes my skin really irritated and sensitive because most physical exfoliates are too abrasive. Also, I don’t know if this makes sense but when I use a physical exfoliator I found it made the peeling worse. It kind of extends the peeling along the edges? I don’t know how to describe it, but kind of like when you have a sunburn and when you start peeling it kinda just spreads. When I use a physical exfoliator it has that type of effect 

If you're using hot water, stop. Hot dries out skin and hair. I would also exfoliate less. What exact products do you use? What cleanser?

@catchanee

I tend to use really warm water when showering at night. I use  FRESH - Soy Face Cleanser

@SportyGirly125 Thank you! Will give it a try.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing