Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Bumpy texture on cheeks

23117CC0-3374-4B76-ABC9-E5140F24E15C.jpeg

AB23FE02-33C6-48BC-8D38-B7A2CD6E6D09.jpeg

Hi there!

i have been on accutane for mild acne, finished the treatment 6 months ago. I currently am on prescribed retinol that I use 2-3 times a week. My skin is very sensitive, and gets read easily but my texture has been so smooth the past 6 months. 
However, a week ago I started getting little bumps on the cheeks, mainly on my left side. It doesn’t feel smooth when I moisturize anymore and I don’t want it to get worse after all the work I’ve put in my skin. How do I make this go away? My skin seems irritated so did I compromise my skin barrier? I don’t know what to do and I just want to enjoy my bare skin all summer with LOTS of spf with no stress about if I have bumps are on my cheeks… 

thanks a lot! 

cureentlt using : #cerave hydrating cleanser and moisturizer and elta md SP

Re: Bumpy texture on cheeks

@mpessy hi, the best answer that I can give you is to go see your dermatologist, the one that prescribed the retinol/accutane and ask him/her directly. Good luck!

Hi, thank you for taking the time to answer! 

You're right, I just did and will help me not overthink this too much! I am away right now so hopefully telemedicine and pictures will be enough to help me quick! 

Thanks again

@mpessy you're welcome 😊

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
  • 23117CC0-3374-4B76-ABC9-E5140F24E15C.jpeg
  • AB23FE02-33C6-48BC-8D38-B7A2CD6E6D09.jpeg
testing