Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Sephora FFS 2018

A lot of us got an email for the FFS.  What's everyone getting?

I wanted to get the UD back talk palette but it's already OOS.  The night owls always get the worm!

For my first round I got the things I thought would sell out first.  Interesting to note that if anyone was planning on buying the Living Proof shampoo/conditioner from Ulta on Saturday, this living proof set is a better deal.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 3.02.10 AM.png

PS if you didn't get a code I think you can walk in to a Sephora and ask a greeter if they will hook you up with the discount .they may not but it is worth a try!

UPDATE: A universal barcode has been released for in-store purchases only:

a6kmrt23x1r11.jpg

Re: Sephora FFS 2018

@PinkEvergreen

That seems like a really good value actually, plus with the 20% off 🤔

@GG84 It really is because it costs C$173 for 21 masks. That’s less than C$9 per mask, and many in there currently cost C$15 for one. Plus I have yet to encounter a Dr. Jart mask that hasn’t worked well with my sensitive skin 😊

@PinkEvergreen

I think I might pick that up also. My skin has been very up and down since I tried a new product a few weeks ago. Dr.Jart can really do no wrong. Great find! 

I think ill be grabbing the natasha denona gold palette, some new verb hair products and a new armani fusion powder (gotta make a note though that this stuff runs out FAST... I rarely pan stuff and I started using this powder almost daily from the beginning of August and its almost finished... but its amazing, I really hope it isnt LE).

Also grabbing something off my halloween exchange partners wishlist!

@itscarin Honestly, the Urban Decay Backtalk Palette isn't that great, the pigmentation is lacking in the shadows.  I have it and only use it for the blushes.  If you want something similar I would go with Naked Cherry.  I have the Naked Cherry one and love it a lot better than Backtalk.

@SportyGirly125 I was actually thinking of getting this palette because I only own Born to run Palette from UD and I've been wanting to build up my UD palette collection but after reading your post and everyone elses's posts about backtalk palette not performing well just made me not want to get this palette anymore..lol

RE: Re: Sephora FFS 2018

@mezzotown88 I’m glad I saved you from buying it. I learned the hard way and bought it after all the hype. Never again. The Naked Cherry palette is good if you wanted similar colors.

@sportygirl125 I've heard it isn't that great. I would co...

@sportygirl125 I've heard it isn't that great. I would consider naked cherry if I had seen it in person yet. I can never pull the trigger on anything I haven't swatched irl. I'll have to see about checking it out soon!

@itscarin I have a list but am waiting for the code.  I have the La Mer Little Miracles Set, Marc Jacob Gel Powder Eyeshadows, Pat McGrath lip balm and lip liner, Jouer Rose Gold blush on my list so far.

@SportyGirly125, Marc Jacob beauty has 25% off F&F right now. VIP25 is the code.  Cheaper to buy MJ from there 😉

@blackkitty2014 thank you for the heads up.

I'm likely just picking up La Mer The Powder 0.28 oz/ 8 g

I've been using it daily and 20% off would be fab. 

@mezzotown88

I got it before Sephora started carrying it, @darlyndar also uses it. I had previously only been using The Powder and The Soft Fluid long wear foundation at special events or weddings and such. But I realize how silly that is because I genuinely love the way my skin looks when I use them. The foundation isn't full coverage like it claims, it falls more into the light to medium. I do find it to be transfer proof. The Powder is one shade; its not translucent however it is neutral. It has a sheen (not sparkle) for a brightening effect. It's great for blurring pores and also setting concealer. Its the absolute best if you know your picture is going to be taken or honestly just to boost your self esteem. It's skincare that doubles as make up. 

@GG84 @SportyGirly125 Thank you both! 

@GG84 Ooh. How do you like it? I'm just curious what you think of it because I've never seen any reviews or even heard about anyone using it.

@mezzotown88 I have used the La Mer powder as well in both loose and pressed form. At the moment my Mom uses the loose and I use the pressed (which comes in 2 more shades than translucent). I like using it to set my foundation. I switch between La Mer and Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Powder.

Re: RE: Re: Sephora FFS 2018

@SportyGirly125, is it a dumb question if i ask which one you like the most.  I'm eyeing on the La Mer one as well but cant decide if i should get the loose one or the pressed one.  I have the CT one in Medium which i love (it is just a lil bit darker than i would like it to be)

Re: RE: Re: Sephora FFS 2018

@blackkitty2014 Definitely not a dumb question.  I like the pressed version because I find it more convenient especially for touch ups.  You could put the loose in a little container but it would be messy to touch up with.

Sephora FFS 2018

@itscarin Wow, you already got your code? Good catch on the Living Proof. I'm running low on "needs", so I'll get a few of these- Neogen sunscreen, Laura Mercier powder, SuperGoop Body Butter SPF, &/or Farmacy cleansing balm if I don't get one from Boxy. I also just discovered Commodity's Best of Book set & want that too, especially with it being only a few dollars more than the fragrance alone. (This second version of Book isn't as beautiful as the first, but it's just as weird so I still adore it.)

RE: Sephora FFS 2018

Love that neogen sunscreen, one of my favorites @NatureGirlSD

@naturegirlsd I bought a full size tub of the Laura Merci...

@NatureGirlSD I bought a full size tub of the Laura Mercier setting powder probably in 2015 if not earlier and I'm just starting to run low on it now. that stuff lasts forever!
6 Replies
testing