Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@ather Wow! Great job completing so many empties when you have been busy. Did you have a favourite?

@Mellmars1185  Both of the hair products! And the Tatcha rice cleanser. The serums are hard since I don’t know how much 1-2 times using them helps me see how good they are. I think I need minimal a week usage. If I have a bunch of the same one I try and use them all in a row to get a better sense. 

Holy foils @ather! 😆 Look at all those foil samples. 😍 13?!! That’s a good assortment too - hair care, skincare and body care. Excellent job!

@itsfi  Thank you! I don’t know if I talked about it on here but end of July I had an incident with my wardrobe falling down and I had to reorganize my whole closet so foils have been part of that. I needed to catch up again and feel under control!! So I’m really upping my foil usage! I have the biggest pile of hair care product foils but I only wash my hair 1-2 times a week so it’s a slow process for me. I also love using foils for travel but that will be on hold for the next little bit also! 

MTXX_MH20230830_200541070.jpg

There were some really excellent items here,

Tatcha, Skinfix and Lancome were absolutely beautiful to use and totally repurchase worthy. Omg La Mer is such a tease because that is soooo far out of my price range.. but it was incredible 😭😉

Though I enjoyed everything else I tested out this month, I don't think it would replace any of my regular staples 🩷 I would happily use them again thou.

A majority of my foils right now are all hair care, I'm not sure my plan to make it through.. but I'll come up with something 😁

Those Tatcha empties are super cute!

@CynthieLu Wow so many empties! I just got the Lancome. It is good to know you enjoyed it. How did you use it? I always end up usimg all my hair samples first. I actually ran out. I am trying to collect some now 🤪

The triple serum @Mellmars1185 ? I used it after washing, before my moisturizer. Because it has those 3 serums all rolled into one application, I didn't use it with anything else. I mostly used it in the AM so my PM was free for other fun actives and serums 😉 

@CynthieLu, were these from your travels? It’s a nice mix of deluxe samples, a full size and some foils.

A few were ones I was still finishing off from my summer adventures and the rest I finished this month 😃 @itsfi   I did finish of Lancôme Rénergie H.C.F. Triple Serum: For Plumping & Anti-Aging 1.7 oz/ 50 mL before my trip 😉

@CynthieLu wow,  excellent!

I had been holding on to these for awhile, it felt great to go through them @CorgiMommy 😀

@CynthieLu  Great job!!! You definitely used up some luxe items!! 

I had been saving the best for last 😉  @ather I have dwindled down my stash condiderably, so I rewarded myself with the nicer ones I was holding on to. It was a fun month of foils and testers.

August = 3 

1000004828.jpg

I didn't have a set amount to complete this month. I am trying to save up foils for travel. Although, I know I will still have a lot left over. My goal has been to try and use up my full size items to have a consistent skin care routine.

Having a consistent skincare routine is an excellent goal @Mellmars1185! ♥️ Did you love any of these 3 to make one or more part of your skincare routine, or did you find them just okay?

@itsfi  Thank you. Tbh, they were all great. I am not sure how they will be long-term. I would be willing to give them all a shot. I feel overwhelmed by the amount of skincare I have and do not want to waste, and that is why I want to focus on my full-size items. If they work, I will use them up. If not, they will be destashed. I will definitely make note of these ones to revisit when I am done with my FS items. Side note - I gifted some foils to my neighbour with tweens who had specific brands they were interested in and she said her kids were so excited. I think even more long term instead of trying so many different new items, I just want to have just what I need for my skin. I can see why a skincare journal comes in handy! Haha. Sorry for the rant.

I do the same thing 💕 if the full-size is available 💕 @Mellmars1185 💕

Oh my goodness, absolutely no need to apologize @Mellmars1185. It was hardly a rant either. It's wonderful that you were able to rehome so many great things to your neighbors - it was a win, win! You were able to offload some products that might have otherwise sat in your stash for some time and you were able to bring joy and excitement to someone else (and possibly, the gift of a new skincare regimen for them as well! 🙌 

I know skincare journals have worked wonders for a few folks here. It's a lovely exercise and a nice way to also get in some quiet time for yourself. It's all too easy (I know!!!) to get caught up in picking up the next new thing or something on your wish list (or a few somethings) that you've been wanting to try. It can pile up and before you know it, your skincare collection can look like a small apothecary. 😅 Been there and done that. And have rinsed and repeated that cycle more times than I care to admit.

Some days are better than others, but I've been happier with having what works for me and a handful (admittedly, a larger handful than most but certainly leaps less than before) of beauties that I want to try. There are definitely certain category of beauty products that are easier for me to let go of and others that are easier for me to hoard (boo!) - I'm still learning. Like you, my approach is that if it doesn't work for me after a good trialing, I'll move on. There are a few items I will set aside if they were okay enough or if I thought they might work better for my skin in a different season, and I try to make a point of reaching for it then again.

We all have a balance of new, tried and true, and next-thing-I-want-to-try products that work best for our skin, hair, etc. and our lifestyle and budget. You'll figure out what works best for you. 

Ouch, okay, my unintended dissertation is over. Whoops. Sorry. 

TL;DR: You got this, mellmars! 😁 (I should have started with that! 🤣)

@itsfi Thanks for understanding. My skincare routine has been consistent so I hope to get through things slowly and surely.

@Mellmars1185  I think you still did a fabulous job! I like to use foils for travel also! 

576 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos111
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg