Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

April 2024 Foils  

April was a very slow month for foils and sheet masks alike @ather. We have two of each. 

4.2024 Foils.jpg

Spoiler
❤️  Oribe Hair Alchemy Strengthening Mask 5 oz / 150 mL - I was able to get in 2 generous applications witht this packet and have been happy with how nourishing and restorative (?) this made my hair with each use. I'm good with hair masks but I'll definitely consider this one when it comes time to picking up another hair mask. 

👍  Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream 0.51 oz / 15 ml has a lovely balmy, but light, consistency that applies and absorbs smoothly and quickly. Strangely I was only able to get one use from this packet 🤔 - in the past, I've been able to get multiple applications, even with being generous with how much product I use. The one use isn't going to yield any noticeable results (and to be fair, my undereye area is not the area of my eyes that have the fine lines and wrinkles), but this did make my under eyes look more soft and moisturized the next morning. 

4.2024 Foils 2a.jpg4.2024 Foils 2a.jpg

4.2024 Foils 2b.jpg

Spoiler
🫤  Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DermInfusions™ Lift + Repair Eye Mask is okay. I didn't experience any irritation, but I didn't see any noticeable results either. There's also a smell to this mask that was off - it had a slight chemical scent to it. 

😘  I have two favorite cica-centered sheet masks. The Creme Shop Cica Mend Animal Face Mask is one of them. It really is outstanding, and my goodness, how cute is the actual print on the sheet! 🐯 

Emoji Legend:

Spoiler

🐐= GOAT = Greatest Of All Time (have gone through at least two of the particular product and other comparable items)

😘 = Chef’s Kiss = Outstanding 

❤️ = Love 

👍 = Like 

🫤 = Okay; “It’s fine.”; “meh

🔬= Undecided = “Still looking into it

🙊= Not for me / my skin type

🙅🏻‍♀️ = = “No, non, nein, nyet, …” 

Foils Dashboard:

Month-to-Date = 4

Year-to-Date = 38

@itsfi  You still did a great job!! 4 is better then 0!!! Too bad about the DDG mask. I have one that I haven’t used yet. Now I may use it to get it gone! 

@itsfi what a fun mask

@CorgiMommy, it is such a fun mask and performs wonderfully, too! I don't buy sheet masks as often anymore but this is one that does get repurchased.

March foils 2024

I didn’t do as well as I hopped even with my mini vacation but here I am!! 

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

All are good! 😊 

@ather every bit helps

@CorgiMommy  I agree!! I’ve gotten my foils down to a manageable amount but now my DS are out of hand. Ooops! 

@ather, all good samples?! I love that. That's a huge win! 🙌 Spying some great products in your foil empties 😍 - that Sulwhasoo serum is lovely; the Dior I once had an opportunity to try when it was used on me during a facial; and that Ouai detox shampoo is in my shower right now - it's what I've been using to remove / rinse out the Fable & Mane pre-wash oil.

@itsfi  I agree. So crazy they all ended up good!! I love the Ouai detox shampoo one of my favs!! And the Dior I have used before and I enjoyed it. I feel like I have been saving my great foils for last. So I have a bunch of great ones left! 

That’s awesome @ather! 😃 It’s fun when you have good foils to look forward to using. Are they mainly skincare?

@itsfi  I have a little of everything! I have a few perfume samples and some makeup ones that I’m saving for later 😉 I also have a huge amount of hair samples! But I’m doing so much better now! I feel like I’m in a good place! Now on to my over run DS! 

March 2024 foils

It was a slow month for foils, with just one miss. Will try to do better next month @ather🤞

Month-to-Date: 8

Year-to-Date: 34

itsfi_0-1711377531997.png

The Details:

Spoiler

😘  Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Skin Barrier Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz / 50 mL is one of my skin’s winter warriors. It moisturizes and protects without being heavy or thick. 

👍🏼  ILIA C Beyond Triple Serum SPF 40 Mineral Sunscreen with Vitamin C 10% + Niacinamide Translucent Ton... is more skincare than makeup and is best suited for those with good skin that leans on the dry to very dry side. My skin is normal to dry at the moment, with more redness than usual (allergies). For me, I’d definitely need a concealer with this; it is nice for helping to keep my skin lightly moisturized, though I found it to be too shiny on me, both at initial application and as the day wears on. 

🐐 SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine - it’s going to be a sad day if these are being discontinued. Please don't be phased out; please don't be phased out. 

🫤  The adherence and size of the openings for both the mouth and eyes on the Lala Recipe Glow Face Moisture Mask were really off for me. It ended up being fussy to deal with as the mask kept sliding down my face, which suprised me - that's a first for me and after several minutes of trying to keep both halves of this 2-piece hydrogel mask on, I ended up just calling it a day and removing the mask altogether. 

♥️ The L’Occitane Instant Illuminating Sheet Mask, on the other hand, was one I wouldn’t minded wearing longer or having more on hand to use more frequently. It has a milky, emulsion-like serum that is feels cooling, soothing and hydrating on the skin. Half an hour with it gave me soft, supple, hydrated skin with a healthy dewy glow.

Emoji Legends:

Spoiler

🐐 = GOAT = Greatest Of All Time (have gone through at least two of the particular product and other comparable items

😘 = Chef’s Kiss = Outstanding 

💖 = Love 

👍🏼 = Like 

🫤 = Okay; “It’s fine.”; “meh

🔬 = Undecided = “Still looking into it

🙊 = Not for me / my skin type

🙅🏻‍♀️ =  = “No, non, nein, nyet, …” 

@itsfi  Great job!! Some is better than none! 

@ather, thank you. Every little bit helps to whittle down the stash of foils. 

@itsfi great job this month

@itsfi that is all you can do.  

@CorgiMommy, thank you. Just chipping away.

Went to visit a friend for a long weekend recently, this is a great time to use up some foils.  I brought 2 almost empty fragrances to use up to.  Used up 7 foils in total plus the two fragrances.  Prada Prada Candy Night 1.7oz/50mL & Jo Malone London English Pear & Freesia Cologne 

MARA Algae + Moringa® Universal Hydrating Face Oil 1.18 oz / 35 mL was quickly absorbed into my skin and left it glowing and soft

Loved the Lemonaid cleansing gel, removed all my makeup with no transfer to the towel.

Others were repeats 

1000007149.jpg

@CorgiMommy  Great job! I find I use so many foils when I travel! 

@CorgiMommy, sounds like you had some great foils to use on your trip. How does the Prada smell? Would you pick up a full size of either of the fragrances?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos117
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg