Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

November foils!

IMG_1011.jpeg

 Pretty big letdown! I enjoyed them all! I wish Ouai would bring back the repair shampoo! I thought I used more but apparently not. That’s ok I know December will be better! I will likely bring lots on my trip! 

@ather better than nothing

@CorgiMommy  I agree. I need to be more positive! I am away currently and I have a few I packed with me. But I also checked my stash and it’s dwindling which is also a good thing! 

I’m sorry you feel like your November foils was a letdown @ather! I don’t see it that way but I know that it’s not about me when it comes to your foil usage. It’s great that you enjoyed all your foils last night. That’s definitely not always the case. Also, I’m surprised you were able to even get to any foils given everything you had going on in November. 

You know, the thing with having fewer foils in a particular month usually means you are using your full size or deluxe size items - that’s awesome. 👍🏼 I am looking forward to seeing what your December foils look like - with you being out of town, I imagine it’ll be an ideal time to bring a few extra foils. 😍

November 2023 Foils  

Posting early as I don't expect to use any foils for the rest of the month. November has been a whirlwind with work travel, deadlines and the holiday; there were days I’m not sure I fully remember happening. 😝 Including how I used up all these foils?!! My goal for this month was to use up 12 - 15 foils; I ended up using 18 foils this month. Woohoo! 🙌

Travel foils (mostly foils) - I would happily purchase full sizes of everything here (in fact, some may be en route after the holiday weekend), except I would choose a different scent for the Moroccanoil hand cream.Travel foils (mostly foils) - I would happily purchase full sizes of everything here (in fact, some may be en route after the holiday weekend), except I would choose a different scent for the Moroccanoil hand cream.

At home foils - A full size of the Sol de Janeiro and Moroccanoil hand cream will happen, though with a different scent on the latter. The Unove and La Mer are maybe. I like them but have other similar products to make my way through first. The Shiseido eye cream and Ten over Ten nail remover pads are items I’d use again but wouldn’t repurchase.At home foils - A full size of the Sol de Janeiro and Moroccanoil hand cream will happen, though with a different scent on the latter. The Unove and La Mer are maybe. I like them but have other similar products to make my way through first. The Shiseido eye cream and Ten over Ten nail remover pads are items I’d use again but wouldn’t repurchase.

Sheet masksThe under-eye mask are a must for me, and the holiday foot mask is something I look forward to every year. The foot mask really does work.Sheet masksThe under-eye mask are a must for me, and the holiday foot mask is something I look forward to every year. The foot mask really does work.

November Foils Dashboard

Spoiler
MTD = 43 (not including sheet masks)
YTD = 140 (not including sheet masks)

December Foils Goals

Spoiler
I wasn't expecting to have any business trips next month, but two have found their way onto my schedule. Although they were initially thought to be day trips, it's looking like they may involve overnight stays. No air travel so I'm less inclined to take very many foils with me so most of my foil usage, if any, will be at home. That said, I'll aim to use up 8 - 12 foils next month @ather . 

@itsfi Wow some awesome foils there! Great job going through all of those, the Tatcha, K18, Dr. Jart are definitely standing out to me. I usually don't get as lucky with actually receiving samples/foils of things I want to use or try, so most of mine unfortunately get tossed. The ones I do keep I tend to forget about, but you've definitely inspired me with your goals. How did you like that Tatcha Indigo sample? I actually picked that up during their Cyber Monday sale as a blind buy, but I am hoping for the best. 🤞

@QueenMarceline, I’ve been fortunate with foil samples. I don’t always select samples with my orders, only when there’s something I really want, either to try or for future travel. If I get a sample I’m not interested in, I’ll drop it in a Ziploc bag and when it gets full, I’ll include it in the next batch of donations to a women’s shelter. 

Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder is lovely; there’s a lot of product in that foil. My favorite enzyme powder cleanser is from Amore Pacific; Tatcha is second. ♥️

@itsfi That's a great idea, from my recent hauls I've actually been saving all my samples/foils that I would usually toss because I'll be in my hometown for the holidays and it's become kind of a tradition for me to bring some makeup I was going to toss for every one to go through and select. The women's shelter where I live will only accept unused and unopened makeup so I assumed foils would also not be accepted, could be wrong. However, I'm sure there's many others in my hometown (Chicago) that would accept them. Would be a great place to send what is left over (which is usually a good amount). I'll have to look into locations, thanks for reminding me 🙂 ❤️

Ahhh, I misread your foil and thought it was either the Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair Serum in Cream Treatment 1.7 / 50  or the Tatcha The Indigo Cream Soothing Skin Protectant 1.7 oz/ 50 mL I actually have not had the chance to try any enzyme powders yet but I'm taking note of your recommendations for future science purposes. 🤣

@QueenMarceline, I have tried both of those Tatcha Indigo products - sample sizes and they are nice for soothing and hydrating skin.  The repair serum layers well under a moisturizer. 

Most women’s shelters should accept unused foil samples but always good to check with the shelter first. There may also be not for profits in Chicago that will accept them. 

@itsfi nicely done, that is a lot of foils

@CorgiMommy, thank you. It always surprises me when I make my way through a  lot of foils. It’s never the month I think it will happen. 😆 

@itsfi Wow, impressive foils this month! That is great you surpassed your goal. I feel like the second half of this year is really flying by.

What a smart idea to use up some wonderful products during travel. I always like bring shampoo and conditioner foils with me because my hair likes them much more than the hotel provided ones (although I am grateful for them).

Spoiler
I had to laugh when I saw the 10 nail removers. I was thinking the package must read 10 minus 10 (if they are removing your nails).

I hope you don't have to travel much more than expected next month. Although impromptu travel could be a fun thing?

@Mellmars1185 I agree with you on bringing my own shampoo and conditioner foils when traveling; the ones that are usually at hotels always seem to be way too harsh for my hair.

@Mellmars1185, how, tell me how, is December only a week away?!!! How is that possible?! It feels like we were just in NYC. Maybe that's just wishful thinking? 😉

lol over the Ten over Ten. I purchased some nail polish from the brand and they threw in a pack of the nail polish removers. They do come in handy for travel. I also keep one or two in my drawer at work, just in case my polish starts to peel and I have an urge to take off all the polish. 

Oh, I'm the same way. I like having the hotel provided shampoo and conditioner available because there have been instances where I've forgotten to pack mine, but they don't always work so well for my hair. I will say though that there was an occasion where I stayed at a place that had Byredo bath and body products. Smelled so good, and performed nicely too. I did go into my local Byredo store after I returned home and asked them about it. It was a special collab between the brand and the hotel so they didn't sell that particular scent / product in store. 

Me too; impromptu travel for work is typically a quick turnaroud or it's work the whole time. It's okay; the ones for next month didn't come with as much advanced notice as typical but at the same time, neither were they ones that were literally last minute notice. They are just one week after the other which isn't great but it could be worse - they're not on the heels of each other. 

@itsfi  Wow impressive! I love the love list I see many of my favs there too! I can’t believe you got so many this month! I spy your already in using the SC hand and foot masks! Are they as good as ever? You have a great goal lined up for December! I can’t wait to see what you use! 

Do you find you use more during a specific time of year? Or just more when you travel? (Totally stole your question)

Awww, thanks @ather😊 I think what happens is that I overpack when it comes to foils I take with me when I travel.  It's usually really late when I get back home and I'm too lazy to put my foils away, even though the container is literally right there!!! If that's the last trip for the month, I just take my Ziploc bag / TSA-compliant bag to the bathroom and leave it on the counter to use. Not the greatest system, but unless I'm testing out a product and have a 10-day supply of it, that's usually how it ends up working when I have a high volume of foil usage in a month. 

The holiday foot mask is something I stock up on, every year. Otherwise, my go to;s are the Mediheal paraffin hand and foot masks. I included a before and after pic of the holiday foot mask (cross-posted from the mask thread) - just to let you know, the before photo is scary. You've been warned. Ha!
Spoiler
SC Holiday Foot Mask.png
lol, on that question. Travel probably is the trigger for more foil usage because in the warmer months, especially the summer, I tend to stick with a set skincare routine and my skin is more combo-dehydrated then (and the vast majority of my foils are geared towards hydration and moisture). If I'm traveling for work in the summer though, I will bring my regular skincare routine with me in addition to a lot (A LOT!!) of samples of tried-and-true hydrating, moisturizing, or nourishing products to help counteract the effects of recycled airplane air and heavily air-conditioned conference /  meeting rooms.

@itsfi Your foot picture is anything but scary but the results speak for themselves! I love that you are already using them! I have some but they are saved for Christmas! 

Wow, that’s great will power to wait @ather! I thought I was good when I waited a couple of weeks after they arrived. 😆 What’s they saying? The proof is in the pudding? Well the pudding here definitely shows that the foot mask works. 👍🏼 Also shows I need to up my foot care game. Lol. Making a note to self! 

@itsfi  Your feet look way better than mine! I need to up my game! I better pull out a foot mask! 

Pull out a foot mask and keep some backups out where you can see them. That's what I'm going to do @ather; this fall has been brutal on my feet, mainly my heels. It's so much colder where you live; I can only imagine how drying the weather is for you - and it's not even winter yet!

@itsfi  I don’t know why but my heels are in serious need of help! I have those special moisture socks and I’ve been slathering my heels with Vaseline and putting the socks on before bed but I have a crack that’s super sore. So I’ll keep working on it! 

You are right. We have no snow yet and I’ve only had frost on my car the last week or so. I think daytime high is between 34 and 40 which is crazy.  It’s normally much colder by now! I was talking to my coworker and she says we will suffer eventually lol. I try and stay optimistic and hope for a warmer winter this year! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos135
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg