Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@QueenMarceline, I have tried both of those Tatcha Indigo products - sample sizes and they are nice for soothing and hydrating skin.  The repair serum layers well under a moisturizer. 

Most women’s shelters should accept unused foil samples but always good to check with the shelter first. There may also be not for profits in Chicago that will accept them. 

@itsfi nicely done, that is a lot of foils

@CorgiMommy, thank you. It always surprises me when I make my way through a  lot of foils. It’s never the month I think it will happen. 😆 

@itsfi Wow, impressive foils this month! That is great you surpassed your goal. I feel like the second half of this year is really flying by.

What a smart idea to use up some wonderful products during travel. I always like bring shampoo and conditioner foils with me because my hair likes them much more than the hotel provided ones (although I am grateful for them).

Spoiler
I had to laugh when I saw the 10 nail removers. I was thinking the package must read 10 minus 10 (if they are removing your nails).

I hope you don't have to travel much more than expected next month. Although impromptu travel could be a fun thing?

@Mellmars1185 I agree with you on bringing my own shampoo and conditioner foils when traveling; the ones that are usually at hotels always seem to be way too harsh for my hair.

@Mellmars1185, how, tell me how, is December only a week away?!!! How is that possible?! It feels like we were just in NYC. Maybe that's just wishful thinking? 😉

lol over the Ten over Ten. I purchased some nail polish from the brand and they threw in a pack of the nail polish removers. They do come in handy for travel. I also keep one or two in my drawer at work, just in case my polish starts to peel and I have an urge to take off all the polish. 

Oh, I'm the same way. I like having the hotel provided shampoo and conditioner available because there have been instances where I've forgotten to pack mine, but they don't always work so well for my hair. I will say though that there was an occasion where I stayed at a place that had Byredo bath and body products. Smelled so good, and performed nicely too. I did go into my local Byredo store after I returned home and asked them about it. It was a special collab between the brand and the hotel so they didn't sell that particular scent / product in store. 

Me too; impromptu travel for work is typically a quick turnaroud or it's work the whole time. It's okay; the ones for next month didn't come with as much advanced notice as typical but at the same time, neither were they ones that were literally last minute notice. They are just one week after the other which isn't great but it could be worse - they're not on the heels of each other. 

@itsfi  Wow impressive! I love the love list I see many of my favs there too! I can’t believe you got so many this month! I spy your already in using the SC hand and foot masks! Are they as good as ever? You have a great goal lined up for December! I can’t wait to see what you use! 

Do you find you use more during a specific time of year? Or just more when you travel? (Totally stole your question)

Awww, thanks @ather😊 I think what happens is that I overpack when it comes to foils I take with me when I travel.  It's usually really late when I get back home and I'm too lazy to put my foils away, even though the container is literally right there!!! If that's the last trip for the month, I just take my Ziploc bag / TSA-compliant bag to the bathroom and leave it on the counter to use. Not the greatest system, but unless I'm testing out a product and have a 10-day supply of it, that's usually how it ends up working when I have a high volume of foil usage in a month. 

The holiday foot mask is something I stock up on, every year. Otherwise, my go to;s are the Mediheal paraffin hand and foot masks. I included a before and after pic of the holiday foot mask (cross-posted from the mask thread) - just to let you know, the before photo is scary. You've been warned. Ha!
Spoiler
SC Holiday Foot Mask.png
lol, on that question. Travel probably is the trigger for more foil usage because in the warmer months, especially the summer, I tend to stick with a set skincare routine and my skin is more combo-dehydrated then (and the vast majority of my foils are geared towards hydration and moisture). If I'm traveling for work in the summer though, I will bring my regular skincare routine with me in addition to a lot (A LOT!!) of samples of tried-and-true hydrating, moisturizing, or nourishing products to help counteract the effects of recycled airplane air and heavily air-conditioned conference /  meeting rooms.

@itsfi Your foot picture is anything but scary but the results speak for themselves! I love that you are already using them! I have some but they are saved for Christmas! 

Wow, that’s great will power to wait @ather! I thought I was good when I waited a couple of weeks after they arrived. 😆 What’s they saying? The proof is in the pudding? Well the pudding here definitely shows that the foot mask works. 👍🏼 Also shows I need to up my foot care game. Lol. Making a note to self! 

@itsfi  Your feet look way better than mine! I need to up my game! I better pull out a foot mask! 

Pull out a foot mask and keep some backups out where you can see them. That's what I'm going to do @ather; this fall has been brutal on my feet, mainly my heels. It's so much colder where you live; I can only imagine how drying the weather is for you - and it's not even winter yet!

@itsfi  I don’t know why but my heels are in serious need of help! I have those special moisture socks and I’ve been slathering my heels with Vaseline and putting the socks on before bed but I have a crack that’s super sore. So I’ll keep working on it! 

You are right. We have no snow yet and I’ve only had frost on my car the last week or so. I think daytime high is between 34 and 40 which is crazy.  It’s normally much colder by now! I was talking to my coworker and she says we will suffer eventually lol. I try and stay optimistic and hope for a warmer winter this year! 

@ather, I’m putting a theory I have to the test for my dry heels. I had been wearing a lot of slingback pumps for work and work events;  I’m wondering if that contributed to the dryness, with the cooler weather and HVAC being cracked up at extremes - our fickle weather pattern has made that necessary. 😔 Going to see if wearing closed heels 👠 helps. And, of course, giving my feet some TLC more regularly with foot masks. 

@itsfi  Oooo I love a great experiment! I’m interested in hearing if it works! I wonder if the openness of the back of the shoe creates the dry heals since they are exposed to more air? 

That's my theory @ather. Will put it to the test and see what comes of it. Stay tuned. 👩‍🔬🔬

October foils are in! I really enjoyed the ALTERNA Haircare Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Clinical Densifying Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and conditioner. Pretty sure I have used it before. I don’t know if I love it enough to replace what I am loving but it’s good! Everything else is good but not sure if I would say I love anything. My final count was 12 for the month! I am hoping for around 10 for the month of November and maybe more in December! 

IMG_0858.jpeg

@ather Great job! You guys are inspiring me to kick some foil butt myself! ❤️

@QueenMarceline  Glad I could inspire you! 

@ather Great foil empties. I don't beleive I have tried the brand Alterna before.

@Mellmars1185  You haven’t!!! I feel like my mom used it when I was a teen and I may have used it. It’s a great brand if you get a chance to use it I think you would like it!

Conversation Stats
Photos125
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg
  • 20230228_171043.jpg